GTP Spec Miata Racing Series : Season 1 Complete; Season 2 Soon!

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 2,295 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I won't be able to do today's race. I'm in the middle of moving and still setting up the internet and PS3. I will hopefully make it to the next one though

Here's the schedule for today:

Qualifying room opens at 4:00pm Eastern. Two cars will qualify at a time in 30 second intervals.

Room will be open until 6pm eastern. Anyone that doesn't make qualifying on time will start in the back. (Room B)

If someone who qualifies early would like to start an separate room for practice, you can do so.

Race will start at 6:30pm eastern time. We'll enter the track and sort the cars by your qualifying times, then we'll start the race.

Edit: Changed qualifying start time, cause I'm an idiot. :dunce:

Last edited:
Here's the schedule for today:

Qualifying room opens at 4:00pm Eastern. Two cars will qualify at a time in 30 second intervals.

Room will be open until 6pm eastern. Anyone that doesn't make qualifying on time will start in the back. (Room B)

Race will start at 6:30pm eastern time. We'll enter the track and sort the cars by your qualifying times, then we'll start the race.

So we're going to have a "parade" race before the actual race to set the grid order? I wasn't 100% clear whether the 2 lap qualifier was just for the A/B rooms or the actual grid order as well.

hey Turbo,

Real sorry I've been MIA all week. Been way too consumed with work and not even driven the track once. Still buried today too so I won't be able to make it tonight or host the B room after all. Hopefully someone else can step up and take over hosting duties? Again, my apologies. Real life gets in the way sometimes.

No big deal man. Wasn't sure you were going to host anyways, since it would have to be someone in B Room and it would be up to someone that qualifies in that room.

Dropping like flies today it seems. :(

Thanks for understanding. For as little as I have even had the game on since the last race I would likely have been in the "C" room if there was one so I'd definitely be the B host if I could have played. :crazy:

No big deal man. Wasn't sure you were going to host anyways, since it would have to be someone in B Room and it would be up to someone that qualifies in that room.

Dropping like flies today it seems. :(

NFL Playoffs possibly? Any thoughts on moving the championship round back a week so its not on Super Bowl Sunday?

Practice room is up 1472-6681-3716-3554-8806

EDIT: Fixed the number

Last edited:
You guys can still count me in on today! 👍

My fiancé had asked if I wanted to go out this evening for dinner, and I said no, that I had already made plans for a few hours... :lol:

Is that bad...? :lol: :lol:

See you guys on there soon! This will be my first ever entry and first time participating in any sort of online GT5 league/race series.. So please go light on me :) lol

I was just running some practice laps to find where I'm losing time at this track. Well, I knew I was losing time in the last sector so that's pretty much the last corner onto the banking.

Then it occurred to me: I'm keeping 2 wheels outside the curbing (probably from running the TT here last here!)

Can someone clarify what is going to be acceptable for today's race?

This was considered clean by the game when running in an online race with penalties set to heavy:

RoadCourse-Indy_1.jpg

This was considered dirty obviously by running all wheels over the grass at the end, fair enough:

RoadCourse-Indy.jpg

Is the line in the first image OK, or do we have to keep 2 wheels outside (or on) the curbing?

See you guys on there soon! This will be my first ever entry and first time participating in any sort of online GT5 league/race series.. So please go light on me :) lol

You're gonna die, clown! :crazy: jk

Is the line in the first image OK, or do we have to keep 2 wheels outside (or on) the curbing?

Good question. I was wondering the same myself. It makes a HUGE difference in your lap time.

edit: sorry for the double post, Turbo

Hahaha^ funny guy, eh? LMAO... Happy Gilmore, nice.

And EggHead, as from what I understand, that would not be acceptable whatsoever. You must keep your furthest tires (inside the Tarmac), on the Tarmac-side of the white or yellow line, around the curbing on corners, only allowing one side of your cars' tires (x2) to cross over the curbing at any given point. And pulling at move as pictured above, i believe that all four wheels would leave the ground at some point of the race, if you consistently took the corner that way, thus ALSO being a no-no (all four tires must not leave the ground at once)... If i had the link right now, I would link ya to the rules of OLR (online racing)..

EDIT: Here you go! Under Section 1:J
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=111241

Cheers bud! And keep it fresh and clean, dude! ;) 👍 lol

Last edited:
There's no way I can police that during the race, so all four over the cub is ok, as long as you stay off the grass.

Im bummed to see a few regs arent going to be racing today Are we just going to split the rooms evenly? (16 people total, 8 in A 8 in B ? )

I still don't know how many people total are racing. I may just have some not show up without saying anything. Qualifying will tell us what's going on exactly.

Hahaha^ funny guy, eh? LMAO... Happy Gilmore, nice.

And EggHead, as from what I understand, that would not be acceptable whatsoever. You must keep your furthest tires (inside the Tarmac), on the Tarmac-side of the white or yellow line, around the curbing on corners, only allowing one side of your cars' tires (x2) to cross over the curbing at any given point. And pulling at move as pictured above, i believe that all four wheels would leave the ground at some point of the race, if you consistently took the corner that way, thus ALSO being a no-no (all four tires must not leave the ground at once)... If i had the link right now, I would link ya to the rules of OLR (online racing)..

EDIT: Here you go! Under Section 1:J
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=111241

Cheers bud! And keep it fresh and clean, dude! ;) 👍 lol

There's no way I can police that during the race, so all four over the cub is ok, as long as you stay off the grass.

J: Cutting the chicanes or "shorting" the track at any point is strictly prohibited on all parts of the track, including the asphalt-areas in behind out-of track-lines. Track specific boundaries will be clarified in the Race Specifics section of any given event.

The GTP OLR refers to the Race Specifics for the event which in this case is Turbo's call. Thanks for the clarification Turbo 👍

Now to practice a new line...

The GTP OLR refers to the Race Specifics for the event which in this case is Turbo's call. Thanks for the clarification Turbo 👍

Now to practice a new line...
Yes sir! 👍 lol
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back