GTP Spec Miata Racing Series : Season 1 Complete; Season 2 Soon!

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 2,295 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great racing in B indeed! Many great battles all over the track. David Hasselhoff showed up driving a lawn mower too!

1. GrahamTurismo
2. dethc0re6
3. Vanos2990
4. tylorweaver
5. AlGreene
6. tsnacks
7. tt997
8. QwietStorm03
9. Locokido
10. Jay_B_II
11. l_Powerslide
12. Apradel
13.TRCDownshift
14. Anorexicroadstr- connection dropped.
Sonic89-no show
Rbonzai-no show

Cant believe my connection dropped mid race :(, either way good racing guys and neomone very sorry for bump t1 underestimated the draft and braked too late.

No worries mate, I did the same thing to myself on the first lap and ran myself out of track. That put me on the front of the guys behind instead of on the back of the leading pack. Some great racing fighting for position, but I ended up on the turn 11 beach on lap 23. Valuable experience, and it really shows what needs to be learned to run with the top guys.

Great racing in a pack though. Despite being wheel to wheel for twenty odd laps the contact was light and minimal. Fantastic. Having six guys so closely matched in speed for much of the race was awesome.

Yeah Imari it was great racing with you. We were talking after the race in the lobby about how it would've been better to try to work together a bit to stay consistent and with the other pack ahead. Then race.

Brosif said that with running along Egg and Zis they didn't start racing 'til lap 22.

I guess we got caught up trying to muscle our way ahead in the beginning to stay drafted but ended up just duking out the whole way.

And I feel you about the whole beach thing. I went off right behind you in the same way.

(Room closed)

Oh and can any of you all post up B's replay? Thanks

Last edited:
Group A was a toss up. Great racing up front, and although the back of the pack was having a good battle, it really slowed us down. I found myself in last at one point (or two) and could do nothing about trying to get back to the front.

Just a note to everyone, as it seems the leaders may have been doing this, we need to have a little more patience in the beginning of the race and let people sort themselves out. I know some of the faster guys could stay out front in the infield section, but then they would get swallowed on the straightaway and have to find their way back to the front of that pack all over again.

Needless to say we will be running tracks with shorter straightaways next season, so hopefully we won't have to worry about the unrealistic draft as much.

Here's the Group A results. I'll post points in a bit.

1. Egghead43
  2. iamjamen
  3. EL_ZISSOU
  4. Spyhunter
  5. R1600Turbo
  6. SAMHAIN85
  7. Imari
  8. Wardez
  9. Dr Wankel
  10. Anorexicroadstr - Disconnect

Great race tonight guys. Lots of close racing and no one took anyone out, A+ in my book. I thought the pats game was a loser for me before the race started, just looked and saw the total went over 45, $100 ship it!

Haha, such a great race in Group B, indeed Robbie!!! :lol: David Hasselhoff driving a lawnmower, oh my god.. LAWL. Haha.

But yeah, the first 10-12 laps or so, Graham, Deth, and myself were far out front, but couldn't break away from each other, and kept going THREE, yes threeeeeee-wide, into Turn 1, just about every lap.. Haha, needless to say, I think our cars could all use a nice detail (and bond job, in some cases...haha) after this last race! Lol 👍

And hats' off to tsnack and vanos, the last couple of laps, running down up the field and just swarming the front pack, with your presence.. Haha, and eventually snagging up 3rd Vanos!! 👍 tsnack, Turn 11 on the last lap was craaaazy man!!!! LMAO, i was like ooohhh draft-time, and then, SWAP! I saw you start switchin ends in the grass, and then right across in front of me!!! Haha, nuts guys... :D

So yeah, I think this is a great and fun group of guys to run with!!!! This being my first outing with y'all, much less, ANY GTplanet OLR group, I would definitely have to say that I'll be back for some more with you guys!!! 👍

Thanks again to Turbo, Robbie, and others who helped coordinate everyone and such... Definitely not an easy task!! LOL :)

Again, great meeting everyone and getting to run with y'all!!! Cheers guys! 👍 👍

Agree here. This is a peev of mine.. Why am I getting my doors blasted on lap 2 of 25.. Not so much this race but its happened.

Good racing to graham and tylor.. We were 3 wide into turn one for the first 10 laps.

Just did a quick session at Tsukuba and did 1:06.496 as my best.

Funny how we can probably go faster, or just as fast, as that stock 350Z on Tsukuba for GT Academy.

Agree here. This is a peev of mine.. Why am I getting my doors blasted on lap 2 of 25.. Not so much this race but its happened.

Good racing to graham and tylor.. We were 3 wide into turn one for the first 10 laps.

Yeah, no doubt man.. I had such a blast out front with you guys!!! A few of those corners, were waaaaaaaay too close at times!!! Haha :scared:

But yes, definitely some good, tight racing!!! Thanks again guys!! 👍

Tonight was fun, even though once again a lap one mishap relegated me to the back. I had fun back there though racing with Apradel. I'd pass him, spin out and get passed and pass him again. The draft was definitely my friend, especially when I caught the tenth place car. Can't wait til next week.

Yeah Imari it was great racing with you. We were talking after the race in the lobby about how it would've been better to try to work together a bit to stay consistent and with the other pack ahead. Then race.

Brosif said that with running along Egg and Zis they didn't start racing 'til lap 22.

Yep, it was fully a team effort at the front 👍

Lots of bump drafting helped us build a comfortable lead over 4th place, it was pretty rare for any passing to take place in the infield. That, and we left room for each other through the first 2 corners as we settled back in from the bumping on the straight.

For me it was around lap 22 that we started sticking a nose up in whenever we got a chance, and there was more battling for position in the infield. I really didn't try to plan out the race to be in a certain position on a certain lap, I was just having a ball riding in this big freight train all race long. As luck would have it, I was in 3rd coming onto the banking catching enough draft to get the win by 0.06s at the line :lol:
It was a bit like winning the lottery, EL_ZISSOU or iamjamen could have won that one just as easily.

A big thanks to you two for a great clean race all race long :gtpflag:

yeah B was a blast! Good racing with you too tylor. Great job on your first race with us. Cool having another Georgian as well.
That start was madness with the draft and the front two rows getting swallowed by the entire field. For those not in our room, ended up having to do a 2x2 rolling start. Had great racing with Tsnacks and Al until they both eventually smoked me. Got stuck in limbo for a while chasing Vanos until I finally realized I was running from those two instead of chasing V.

Lesson of the week... it really does help to practice some during the week. duh?

Looking forward to Tsukuba but man that is a hard track to pass on!

yeah B was a blast! Good racing with you too tylor. Great job on your first race with us. Cool having another Georgian as well.
That start was madness with the draft and the front two rows getting swallowed by the entire field. For those not in our room, ended up having to do a 2x2 rolling start. Had great racing with Tsnacks and Al until they both eventually smoked me. Got stuck in limbo for a while chasing Vanos until I finally realized I was running from those two instead of chasing V.

Lesson of the week... it really does help to practice some during the week. duh?

Looking forward to Tsukuba but man that is a hard track to pass on!
I had to LOL (literally, I really did out loud on that one... Haha) about the first lap madness on the straight... I had such a blast! Thanks again guys, and YES, more practice during the week would really help, eh?! :lol: :lol:

Great job again, to everyone tonight!! Some good 'ol racing, that's for sure! 👍

Tonight was fun, even though once again a lap one mishap relegated me to the back. I had fun back there though racing with Apradel. I'd pass him, spin out and get passed and pass him again. The draft was definitely my friend, especially when I caught the tenth place car. Can't wait til next week.

That was me, you totally blew by me, sorry if i didn't leave enough room on turn 11 though, my car was in a slide and i was just fighting to not spin. Great racing all around though!:)

That was me, you totally blew by me, sorry if i didn't leave enough room on turn 11 though, my car was in a slide and i was just fighting to not spin. Great racing all around though!:)

I couldn't remember the name. I could have been a little more patient too so it's all good. I was surprised I even caught up with you, I thought I was stuck in 11th for the rest of the race. Especially after all the times I spun.

All I can say is

The qualifying system works perfectly

The racing is top notch in quality

Im gonna waist many hours practicing in anticipation for next week, non of this starting to sort out my setup and learning the track 30 minutes before qualifying lol.

I couldn't remember the name. I could have been a little more patient too so it's all good. I was surprised I even caught up with you, I thought I was stuck in 11th for the rest of the race. Especially after all the times I spun.

I spun a few times too, and my setup was brutal on the tires, i had no grip left by lap 22, still, im happy with 11th since i'd neverdone the track before friday night :)

I took a few snapshots from the replay.

This pretty much sums up the action in the lead group of 3:

RoadCourse-Indy_5.jpg

This is some of the action that was slowing down the rest of the field:

RoadCourse-Indy_4.jpg

^ LOL!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reminds me ALOT of the three of us, running in the front of the pack, in Group B, too!! Haha, epic pic Egg!! 👍 haha, tooooo hilarious! :D

Just did a quick session at Tsukuba and did 1:06.496 as my best.

Funny how we can probably go faster, or just as fast, as that stock 350Z on Tsukuba for GT Academy.

That's a solid time Wardez :gtpflag:

It took me a while, but I got down to the mid 1'06's as well. Then I made some setup changes, and got down to 1'06.1xx. There was even a lap that I was ahead of that by 0.155 at the last split, so 1'05's are going to be happening 👍

What's the current top time for the Academy at Tsukuba?

All I can say is that the Tsukuba race is going to be very very different from today's race.

I think the current top time's like a 1:05.1xx here on the west siiide. RT's ranked in 6th or so with a mid :05. Tsukuba's a fun track to run. I haven't raced on it yet but I can imagine the lack of passing opportunity there. It's like a mini-monaco.

And speaking of Monaco... Oh - nvm :)

I think the current top time's like a 1:05.1xx here on the west siiide. RT's ranked in 6th or so with a mid :05. Tsukuba's a fun track to run. I haven't raced on it yet but I can imagine the lack of passing opportunity there. It's like a mini-monaco.

From digging through the GT Academy sub forum, it looks like there is a 1'04.8 on the board. We won't be beating that with our little cars!
A mid 1'05 would be pretty spectacular though, I wonder if EL_ZISSOU can pull it off?

We ran a practice at Tsukuba race waaaay back before the series got going, and I remember it was nearly impossible to pass cleanly. There's certainly going to be a bit of bumping next race :scared:

Windshield wipers ftw! +5 hp!

Well of course, don't you run with your wipers on? :sly:
It reduces the air pressure on the windshield, reducing drag. Works wonders at Indy! :lol:

Ps, does anyone have the saved replay from the Group B race, this evening, guys? Lol, i left the lobby too soon, so i didn't get a damn chance to save it... :( lol

Ps, does anyone have the saved replay from the Group B race, this evening, guys? Lol, i left the lobby too soon, so i didn't get a damn chance to save it... :( lol

nope, sorry, i had to go right away so i didnt get it, i hops sombody did though, it'd be nice to see the start again, man that was crazy!

nope, sorry, i had to go right away so i didnt get it, i hops sombody did though, it'd be nice to see the start again, man that was crazy!

Haha, yeah I know!!!? That first part of the race was true chaos.. :lol: it almost made me think of some of the first turns that I've had before, with my Bob! :lol: :lol:

Good times dude! 👍 lo

Oh, and Sonic... no need to apologize mate!!! :) Things like that happen all the time, unfortunately. There's always next race!! Ps, you had some wicked-fast practice/qualifying laps though! I know that much!! ;) haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back