GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 30 : Gettin' Dirty with a French Girl

• Thread starter EDK
  • 229 comments
I have just had a short session so far.

Looks like T2 is what I need to work on now, I can do 26.5's but I need to find a lot more than that.:)

Nice opener Jon 👍

Yeah there's loads of time to be had in sector 2, Ian - it's the key sector this week I think, although the bridges can catch you out and ruin a good lap in an instant. A good exit from the chicane in sector 2 is crucial... and then big cojones required for the run down the esses to the 2nd bridge. :P

Lost a bit in T1, gained more in T2...

Edit.. Going backwards in sector 1 but motoring in sector 2

Indecisive sectors...

Decent 3rd sector on this lap but I lost nearly 2 tenths in sector 2. So easy to lose huge amounts of time on a gravel track.

Last edited:
I just made a "Vagabond" flyer to compete w/ my hair puller special and now that Mr. P has surfaced maybe he can give up his setup also.

------------------ Kind of Off Topic ---------------- Kinda :lol:

@Mr. P, I'm having trouble w/ my Super Rally Mitsu for the world board so maybe you could come to the rescue w/ that setup also.

Hi Lefty 👍 I used a quick thrown together set up of my own at first that had issues all over the shop and after that I tried with Vagabond's set and just raised the front ride height to -10 to loosen it up as was too tight for me... everything else is virtually identical other than the individual gears i guess :)

Thanks for posting your set Vagabond 👍 will get back on this later... your splits are pretty damn hot, best t1 after 2 hours last night was 22.9 so wont be holding my breath on improving much :scared:

Man I suck at this :lol: can't even keep it in a straight line.
I'm not even going to try attack this with the wheel, there won't be anything left by the end of the week.

I'm not even going to try attack this with the wheel, there won't be anything left by the end of the week.

This reminds me of a Mr P fix, Just back the FF off to almost nothing for off road events and your wheel should be fine :)

This track and this car remind me of the rain event and the Merc because of the way I could go faster by moderating my throttle to avoid wheel spin so I'm thinking that my heavy foot will be my down fall in this RWD traction test.

I know that this won’t be of much help for most of the members but my A/T won’t put me in the top 100 of the world board w/ the Super Rally car so I have started to get my shifting skills woke up and have had good results w/ it because there is something about the way the game deals with short shifting, but the RWD psyco doesn’t seem to be as receptive to my shifting efforts because it’s too pipey and won’t get out of it’s own way unless it’s on the pipe and that’s when all the crazy happenzzz.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting your set Vagabond 👍 will get back on this later... your splits are pretty damn hot, best t1 after 2 hours last night was 22.9 so wont be holding my breath on improving much :scared:

No worries Ron... call me Chris :cheers:

And don't write yourself off yet - maybe you're just out of practice :sly:

Let me know what you make of the setup when you run it Lefty :)

Try it with the wheel unplugged - feels weird at first but it quickly comes together. I ran the Toscana rally week with no FFB when I was still using my old G25 and did ok like that.

This track and this car remind me of the rain event and the Merc because of the way I could go faster by moderating my throttle to avoid wheel spin so I'm thinking that my heavy foot will be my down fall in this RWD traction test.

I notice with rally in general on GT5 that maintaining line is more important than maximizing WOT. I think gearing setup and throttle control will be the keys this week.

EDK
I think gearing setup and throttle control will be the keys this week.

Traction is key Kev - very careful when getting back on the power and short shifting from 2nd to 3rd. Not sure ratios will make much difference though. I'm running the fixed 6-speed close ratio box at the mo but I've not tried fully custom yet.

I know why I didn't vote on this. Don't really like Rally, but maybe an event like this makes me finally practice it a little bit more...

Quick 10 laps before dinner, got faster in the end when I could smell it...

T1: 23.995
T2: 27.528

Lots of upgrades, stock setup.

Without looking at the leaderboard I'm sure there are at least 5 seconds in the first two sectors to gain, but possibly not by me...

Edit:
Dinner was good, as was the Syrah I opened for the occasion.

Couldn't find any rule for DUI, so there you go (with Vagabond's settings - what a tail-happy car):

T1: 23.456
T2: 27.678

Replay looks clean to my drunken eyes, but I'll have another look tomorrow...

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice Lefty and Chris. I'll give it a try later.

Since my denial of what I was reading about the combo and the reality of the RWD aspect of it w/ Vagabonds mention of how it was back in the day before AWD I was wondering why we didn't use one of those old timey rally cars?

Tuff little combo this, but good fun...
First stint with Vagabond's setup

Someone mention rally?

Yeah, you should come out and play with us. 👍

Since my denial of what I was reading about the combo and the reality of the RWD aspect of it w/ Vagabonds mention of how it was back in the day before AWD I was wondering why we didn't use one of those old timey rally cars?

That might have worked out nicely, there are a couple in the dealer right now.

I thought MR was a better fit, was thinking of something like this when I picked the combo.

Sweet! We should definitely do one with the Stratos at some point Kev - awesome. In fact, we roll out al the Group B monsters too one day. 👍

Great T1 Lefty 👍

Thankzz as I also say THANKZZzzz to Vag & Mr. P for their numberz and after I do some more tweeking I'll give up my alterations to their stuff, you'll think I'm off the reservation w/ my gearing but thats because I'm running A/T

T1: 23.256
T2: 26.295

Need to buy a wheel asap.
Rally is a pain on a pad.

You are fast with a pad, probably D1 material with a wheel. Well worth the investment, even without the speed. Worth it for the fun factor.

Oh yes. Loving it now.

Will post some settings later. Couldn't believe it when I saw +0.919 at the line, amazing how much time momentum shaves in these.

On fire, are we, Chris? :sly:

Hmmm, that remains to be seen Joao my friend... particularly seeing as Dominic just posted an impossible 1st sector. I've seen one 22.797 and a few low 22.8s but 22.5...? Naah... :scared:

Up 0.4 at the line with my best 3rd sector so far though.

Oustanding Dom
Thanks, you have to aim 3 corners up. Start setting up the next 3 corners constantly, and don't touch the wall. :scared:
Hmmm, that remains to be seen Joao my friend... particularly seeing as Dominic just posted an impossible 1st sector. I've seen one 22.797 and a few low 22.8s but 22.5...? Naah... :scared:

Up 0.4 at the line with my best 3rd sector so far though.
That's what I said for your splits 2 hours ago. :lol:

That's what I said for your splits 2 hours ago. :lol:

:cheers:

I just did what felt like a perfect 1st sector - 22.781 (my best so far although the rest of the lap went to poo)... 22.5 is truly alien Dom 👍

I've lost the plot in sector 1 now - your fault :dopey:

Pretty happy with that 2nd sector though. Lost 0.2 from my best in sector 3 so only up 0.06 at the line. Looking for 0.4 on the lap now, goddamit.

Back