GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 30 : Gettin' Dirty with a French Girl

• Thread starter EDK
  • 229 comments
I don't think i'll be giving this a shot, rally really isn't my thing.

Or in other words, I really suck on low grip surfaces, like in week 26 with the wet surface :D I'd be embarrassed if I posted any attempts.

Last edited:
I thought that as well when we did week 10 - typically the times are more spread out, but you learn a lot and most of us were amazed by the margin we ended up beating the gold time by on that event. The car's cheap and Chris has posted his set-up (I'll share mine tonight as well although the leaderboard suggests Chris has it right) - nothing to lose! Go on, you know you want to :lol:

Not gonna miss out on the dirt week, so here are my first meager splits.

Seems I'm doing much better in sector 2 than sector 1, but that's not entirely surprising. Inconsistent overall, there are times I pick up a half second that really comes as a surprise.

Here's my setup -

Aero - Max
All power parts added and limited back down to regs.
All weight reduction and ballast added with 50/50 weight distro

Gears

Final 4996 (130 MPH Top Speed in Top Box)

LSD
5/12/8

RH +25/+40
Springs 4/5
Damp Ext 10/6
Damp Comp 1/1
ARB 3/3

Camber 1.0/0.0
Toe 0/0

Brakes 8/4

Unconventional to say the least, but makes the car go where I want it to.

BTW, I unknowingly put up a Colin McRae Memorial race this week. September 16th is the actual date, but close enough for me. RIP, Colin.

My Tune for the Clio:

Aero: 0/20
Ballast: 94 @ -18

LSD:
8 / 14 / 5

BB: 6/6
ABS: 10

Suspension:
28 / 40
5.3 / 6.8
4 / 4
2 / 2
1 / 1

Gears don't make a big difference, basic setup there, mainly quick. TS 150 is fine.

Last edited:
Slower is faster

Not much left for me I don't think.

What Jon said 👍 :)

Go on Mark, its a hoot and a good jump in at the deep end to hone them dirt skills... This was my response when Week 10 was posted up:

This will be fun.... I love rallying. Shame I'm crap at it but it'll still be a laugh. It'll be interesting to see if the usual suspects are still at the top of the leaderboard or if it'll turn the form-book on its head.:

I was in D2 then and ended up coming 5th (1.8 seconds off Zoki's alien pace) but it was a riot, even with my old tired G25 unplugged (no FFB).

Dare you.

Double dare you. :P

Edit. @Kev and Dom - you've both gone for high ride height... interesting. I'll have to give your setups a try and see where that takes me. Cheers both 👍

Nice slower T1 Dom - makes me feel less scared looking at a 22.7 :P

even with my old tired G25 unplugged (no FFB).

It's odd, I don't get the "jackhammer" effect with the T500 that I did with the G27. I'm leaving it plugged in with my normal FFB setting of 2, and it seems to be handling it fine.

Funny thing, though. Wife came into the room while I was traversing the esses and the final sector. Her comment was "That doesn't look like fun".

Had my heart pumping for sure, but this is not a relaxed, multiple lap combo.

But I guess dirty French girls may not be relaxing, either. :P

Edit. @Kev and Dom - you've both gone for high ride height... interesting. I'll have to give your setups a try and see where that takes me. Cheers both

Goes back to GT4 tuning days, and running road cars on rally tracks. The ride height was in actual millimeters, and the rally cars had a much higher ride height, so I thought I would apply the same logic here.

Interestingly, I was also on 28/40 for many laps, so there might be something to that. :dopey: And I think I will try the ARB at 1/1, that was one setting I had a lot of issues deciding on.

I've found higher rear adds grip, combined with Kevin's thought, tried 10/20 once but didn't like it.

Hay everyone :) my dad has come through this time by setting my car up and it seems to really rock but I just can't stay as smooth as him and he has me by a chunk. I won't be able to better my time until next Sat. so until then Good Luck to Everyone 👍

T1: 24.032
T2: 25.818

Ah ha at least I beat his T2 time :)

Catch ya all next week 👍

My current setup for the "V P L" AUTO TRACKER (CLIO SPORT V6 24V '00)
WEIGHT 1213
*STAGE 1
*WINDOWS
*CARBON HOOD
AERO 0/15
BALLAST 0
* STOCK 48/52
ENGINE
* ECU
*STAGE 1
EXAUST
*SPORT
Auto TRANS (basicly a 5 speed)
FINAL 5.5
TS 249 m/h :lol:
1- 2.08
2- 1.328
3- 1.024
4- .795
5- .608
6- .452 (4 what it‘s worth … lol)
LSD 7/10/5
SUSPENSION
-10/-25
6.1/7.7
5/5
5/5
1/7
WHEEL ALIGHN.
2 /.7
0 /.07
BRAKES
4/6

Of course no TC
ABS 1

Enjoy :)

Ol Fetchy misunderstood my #'z so I putt them in quotes, didn't see it comin sorry :banghead:

maybe someone can fix it.

Last edited:
EDK
Funny thing, though. Wife came into the room while I was traversing the esses and the final sector. Her comment was "That doesn't look like fun".

Haha, yeah we pick strange ways to relax eh? :lol:

EDK
Ride height stuff...

Tried yours and Dom's - it does feel as though there is better traction with the higher ride height and it scores particularly well in the 1st sector (although I didn't beat my 22.781) but I think mine scores better in the esses through sector 2. Overall I'm faster with my setup but yours is easier to control although it doesn't turn in as fast. Think I'll stick with mine. Some folks may find yours a little friendlier if they're struggling to keep mine off the barriers. 👍

EDK
It's odd, I don't get the "jackhammer" effect with the T500 that I did with the G27. I'm leaving it plugged in with my normal FFB setting of 2, and it seems to be handling it fine.

Yeah the Logitech wheels are proper bone-shakers on dirt tracks. My Fanatec is also super smooth by comparison and I'm finding this week alot easier on the hands than I did Week 10.

Some folks may find yours a little friendlier if they're struggling to keep mine off the barriers. 👍

I think that typically sums up my setups as compared to the D1 guys. ;)

My current setup...

Hey Lefty, what's with carrying the extra 13kg? How come you haven't done another weight reduction step and then added ballast to bring it up to exactly 1200kg?

Yeah the Logitech wheels are proper bone-shakers on dirt tracks. My Fanatec is also super smooth by comparison and I'm finding this week alot easier on the hands than I did Week 10.

I ended up unplugging mine, but I feel all at sea without FFB. I might plug in my old driving force wheel for this week and let it shake itself to bits :lol:

Hey Lefty, what's with carrying the extra 13kg? How come you haven't done another weight reduction step and then added ballast to bring it up to exactly 1200kg?

:lol: I was talking to Little and haveing a good ol time and forgot about everything and just started driving it. Only after I started to transcribe my numz did I then realize it also, to funny huh...... :)

I guess that shows ya that every pound doesn't really matter if you got half a clue, it worked for Little also. What a crack up

T1: 23.256
T2: 26.295

Reposted my current time so hopfully Fetchy will pick it up and I won't look like some Alien Plazma Flash :lol:

Last edited:
Yeah, I wasn't expecting 13kg to make a massive difference that's for sure.

Will run some more tonight and see if I can't find that half a clue you're talking about ;)

Last edited:
My first attempts were really slow and I thought gettin' dirty with a french girl just isn't my thing. Especially the first sector was really slow compared to the splits everyone posted. But after a few hours of practice I finally learned how to drive this car on dirt with a DS3.
So here are my first splits for this week.
T1: 23.392
T2: 26.636

This was my fastest T1 until now and T3 was also one of my best so far. My best T2 was a 26.1, so there's still some room for improvement.

:lol: I was talking to Little and haveing a good ol time and forgot about everything and just started driving it. Only after I started to transcribe my numz did I then realize it also, to funny huh...... :)

I guess that shows ya that every pound doesn't really matter if you got half a clue, it worked for Little also. What a crack up

T1: 23.256
T2: 26.295

Reposted my current time so hopfully Fetchy will pick it up and I won't look like some Alien Plazma Flash :lol:

I went ahead and just did a manual edit, Fetchy really liked the time imbedded in your setup.

BTW, you're looking pretty quick at this for all the moaning you did at the start. ;)

Go figure the week I get my net back, update from 1.0 to 1.12 and start getting credits to buy whats needed (up to 9mil now) you guys are running rally. :lol:

Next week will start my re-entry to the wrs... Who'd have thought we'd still be rollin this much later!

Every week for years now, Im honored to take part and to have had my time in this aweaome event... Say hey if you remember! :)

Go figure the week I get my net back, update from 1.0 to 1.12 and start getting credits to buy whats needed (up to 9mil now) you guys are running rally. :lol:

Next week will start my re-entry to the wrs... Who'd have thought we'd still be rollin this much later!

Every week for years now, Im honored to take part and to have had my time in this aweaome event... Say hey if you remember! :)
Hey!

Been a long time Kent, nice to see you back in WRS :)

Kev, I assume that we'll all have to cool our boots while the maintenance takes place tomorrow? Servers are due to be down for 8 hours on 6 September 15:00 - 23:00 BST.

I submitted my Qualifier entry but it hasn't been verified. Is it still good to compete? Really want to have a go at this.

^ I think so.

Yes, I was looking at the first sector time and didn't brake in time. :lol:
Opposite ends of the spectrum Chris.:lol:

Last edited:
My fastest lap now has these splits:-

Still lots to work on throughout the lap.:)

Update:-

I'm slowly getting there.:)

Even better.:D

Last edited:

Still plenty to find in T1...

Edit: found some more, although I've thrown away a couple of 23.0xx in T1 so there's still plenty more there...

Edit2: and some more

:D

Last edited:
Kev, I assume that we'll all have to cool our boots while the maintenance takes place tomorrow? Servers are due to be down for 8 hours on 6 September 15:00 - 23:00 BST.

Yeah, hopefully it goes as scheduled and is only down for that amount of time.

You could of course "practice" the event offline in GT Mode, but that would not count as your official lap, and splits should not be posted from an offline session in the wrong mode.

I submitted my Qualifier entry but it hasn't been verified. Is it still good to compete? Really want to have a go at this.

Yes, you can participate.

(Oh no, the bronies have found the WRS.) :scared:

Can we purchase new cool looking rims at GT auto for our car to spruce the car up a bit? I wish I could put a flame paint job on it or something as well, it is a little bland looking for a rally car.:)

Course you can. I have the black alloys (towards the right) and a TVR-esque chameleon paint job on mine, as well as the coloured carbon bonnet and all the aero bits. Makes it look mean! Doesn't make it go faster though as I've proven.

Back