GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 78 : London Olympic Time Trials

• Thread starter EDK
  • 234 comments
I do it all the time. Just go to advanced edit, highlight the text and click the strike through icon.

Sent from my iPad.

I mean from the GTPLanet iPad app. When I click the "advanced" button I only see options for inserting a Web or Image link and for allowing it to post my location. There are no formatting controls. I use the app rather than the Web page through Safari when I access GTP from my 'pad.

I mean from the GTPLanet iPad app. When I click the "advanced" button I only see options for inserting a Web or Image link and for allowing it to post my location. There are no formatting controls. I use the app rather than the Web page through Safari when I access GTP from my 'pad.

OK, my bad. I prefer the web page on the iPad, but I use the app on the iPhone.

For strike through, you can use the HTML: open-square-bracket STRIKE close-square-backet (the times) open-square-bracket /STRIKE close-square-backet

Just to be clear, the strikes are nice, but not absolutely expected.

But I do expect people to demonstrate that they have made a split update, which means making a new post if you were not the last person to post.

Starting to get the hang of it. Still a lot to come from figuring out a couple of subtleties.

I'm trying to hold 3rd through the long off camber right at the end of T2. Should I be flicking it back to 2nd and straight to third at the apex? The motor is very flat coming off there yet the jump to 2nd is too big.

ok fair enough edk.. but i was told never to double post when i first joined this forum, witch was not long ago! and also i didnt like the fact that i was editing my first post on page 1 either!! so thanks for the heads up and il get their eventually

ok fair enough edk.. but i was told never to double post when i first joined this forum, witch was not long ago! and also i didnt like the fact that i was editing my first post on page 1 either!! so thanks for the heads up and il get their eventually

I know it can be both confusing and finicky.

A double post by definition is consecutive posts by the same member. You are not the first person to become confused by that, and then attempt to update a very old post with splits. Again, not singling you out, but creating awareness.

Jordan's exact take on it can be found here -

https://www.gtplanet.net/faq/#double_posting

As he says, there are cases where it can be useful. A great example in the WRS forums would be for the purpose of replay checks. If you were the last person to make a post, but then had time to check more replays a day or more later, it would make more sense to add a new post so that everyone realized there was new information, rather than expecting everyone to click on a thread that was last posted in several hours or even a day or 2 prior.

Finally, one area you can continue to work on is to be sure you're doing your best to use Caps in your posts for the start of sentences, the pronoun I, etc. 👍

new splits

Finally, one area you can continue to work on is to be sure you're doing your best to use Caps in your posts for the start of sentences, the pronoun I, etc.
now your just being pedantic! ;)

Pedantic or not, its part of GTPlanet's Acceptable Use Policy, which you agreed to when you signed up

I didn't realise mate! edk has directed me to the relevant pages now so I now know :):)

Yes I missed that :( , thanks for being a good sport.. I am not doing it on purpose.

pilmat
Starting to get the hang of it. Still a lot to come from figuring out a couple of subtleties.

I'm trying to hold 3rd through the long off camber right at the end of T2. Should I be flicking it back to 2nd and straight to third at the apex? The motor is very flat coming off there yet the jump to 2nd is too big.

Very nice splits.

I see several guys saying they're dropping to 2nd for that corner, but I stay in 3rd, which may be the reason I'm a bit off pace in t2.

I try to get down to about 73 mph before entering the turn then coast to about 65mph and get back on the throttle. Just make sure you're as tight to the inside as you can get.

Yes I missed that :( , thanks for being a good sport.. I am not doing it on purpose.

Thanks. It's clear you are making the effort, and that's all we ask.

We're mainly here for clean and fair racing. Nice job so far in this TT, we appreciate having you here. 👍

Very nice splits.

I see several guys saying they're dropping to 2nd for that corner, but I stay in 3rd, which may be the reason I'm a bit off pace in t2.

I try to get down to about 73 mph before entering the turn then coast to about 65mph and get back on the throttle. Just make sure you're as tight to the inside as you can get.
I'm staying in 3rd as well.;)

Do whatever feels right.

I stay in 3rd also....

We're mainly here for clean and fair racing. Nice job so far in this TT, we appreciate having you here.

thanks edk

Last edited:

Stil not happy with my T2. Still figuring out what's best for me. 3rd, 2nd or a short shift to 2nd.

So now we know from the most of us witch gear they use in that last turn of T2. What about the last turn. That's a maker of breaker as well (if you ask me). I shift back to 2nd after a couple of meters of breaking just before i turn in and go flat out and just before i hit the curb on the left side i shift back to 3.

So now we know from the most of us witch gear they use in that last turn of T2. What about the last turn. That's a maker of breaker as well (if you ask me). I shift back to 2nd after a couple of meters of breaking just before i turn in and go flat out and just before i hit the curb on the left side i shift back to 3.

Ditto. I tried 3rd but it is too long and the car understeers way too much at the apex.

Managed 3 consecutive laps of 28.8 with rubbish 90 degree left/right in T3 - I cannot stop braking too late for those and missing the tight line over the kerbs :|

I tried lots of laps with staying in 3rd for the last turn, but it just seems easier with early braking and a quick shift to 2 and then 3 fairly quick.

Not my favorite track, but a good chance to learn. After about 20 laps, got a good clean one. I'm afraid I'm close to my limit though.

There's another two tenths in there somewhere via a superhuman effort. Got my first .7x in T1 and it was with using 1st gear - it can definitely work but it doesn't always come off.

I slowed to 62mph on the replay on the last right hander before the T2 split or this would have been a very low 28.8. T3 quite good.

Last edited:
A quick try

Last edited:
Just had 30 mins before work, just enough time to warm the Tyres. Can't break 14 through T1. Not sure what I am doing wrong. Hitting the S/F straight with speed and taking the turn 1 with momentum........arrrgh

Need to post some new splits, I should not be so low down the board. Does not represent the division well !!

Did some film study, picked up a few things here and there and this is what I have so far.

It's really frustrating because my T3 times are improving but my T1 and T2 times are around those figures consistently.:grumpy:

I hate this track I hate this track I hate this track :banghead:

Hey did I mention I hate this track

Great combo but I have never done well on this track

Back