GTP_WRS : New Drivers and Promotions.

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 2,512 comments
Thanks to all the admins and anyone else who helped put the WRS together.
I'm having a great time already and I haven't even had my qualifying verified yet!
Keep up the great work guys, i'm glad to soon be a part of this :)

Vaxen
Latest round of new drivers:

Division 5 Bronze (5.667 - 5.999):

GTP_larsh / GTP_larsh / Switzerland (5.778)
GTP_kavu2003 / kavu2003 / USA (6.080)

At least not last :-)
Hello everyone.

Hi All,
Just submitted my registry times. Dread to think where it will put me.
Look forward to some racing.
Cheers

dougalf1
Hi All,
Just submitted my registry times. Dread to think where it will put me.
Look forward to some racing.
Cheers

Welcome to the :gtplanet:WRS 👍

I've been refreshing my PM receipt page waaay too much the last two days waiting for Vaxen to read my qualifying PM. I'm really anxious to find out how I did!

I only spent about 3 hours on it, which is the amount of time I suspect I'll commit to this on a regular basis.

However, I spent 4-5 hours a day during GT Academy rounds 2-4, so I'm definitely capable of spending WAY more time than 3 hours if I'm feeling motivated.

I've been refreshing my PM receipt page waaay too much the last two days waiting for Vaxen to read my qualifying PM. I'm really anxious to find out how I did!

HAHA at least i'm not the only one :P
I know it says 2 - 4 weeks but I can't wait!

I plan to run the next set of registry submissions in the middle of next week.

I plan to run the next set of registry submissions in the middle of next week.

Unrelated: Intrigued by your avatar, I looked at your photo album from last weekend. I have a co-worker who I believe was at the same track day driving a Red Porsche Caymen, his name is Andre (perhaps instructing, but I'm not sure). Did you happen to run into him (of the track of course :sly:)?

Unrelated: Intrigued by your avatar, I looked at your photo album from last weekend. I have a co-worker who I believe was at the same track day driving a Red Porsche Caymen, his name is Andre (perhaps instructing, but I'm not sure). Did you happen to run into him (of the track of course :sly:)?

Last weekend was my first time on track, ever, so I was in the novice run group. I don't recall a Red Cayman, and didn't have Andre as an instructor (either in class or in car). However, I was the only GTR in a field of mostly BMW's (it was a BMW car club event, after all), so if he saw a black GTR at the track, that was me.

Nevertheless, the trip was amazing. I'm quite glad that I had two days on track, as I nearly lost my nerve after the first day, but managed to settle into a groove on the second day.

Last weekend was my first time on track, ever, so I was in the novice run group. I don't recall a Red Cayman, and didn't have Andre as an instructor (either in class or in car). However, I was the only GTR in a field of mostly BMW's (it was a BMW car club event, after all), so if he saw a black GTR at the track, that was me.

Nevertheless, the trip was amazing. I'm quite glad that I had two days on track, as I nearly lost my nerve after the first day, but managed to settle into a groove on the second day.

I saw the red Cayman as it left the track for the day. We were walking across the turn 6 bridge as he was leaving.

First time on track is a nerve wracking experience, for sure. I was looking back at some video from my running in Portland the first time, and I was really tentative at times, especially in traffic.

Finding the limit is a much more difficult experience when there is a real car and real lives at stake.

Was good to see you running through turn 5, even if I didn't know it was you at the time. ;)

Yeah, it's nerve-wracking the first time!

I still haven't done Laguna, but have done a bunch of track days at various places in SoCal (Buttonwillow, Streets of Willow, AAA Speedway, and Chuckwalla). My first time was at Buttonwillow and it can definitely get overwhelming if you really think about what you're doing while you're out there.

My first time at AAA Speedway was about a month ago, and those nerves came back in a big way as I went around NASCAR turn 1 at 128mph flat out and started thinking about what would happen if a tire failed right at that moment.

Hi All,

New driver here, just submitted my times...

Been racing mostly in private leagues, but am deciding to spread my wings a little here as well... :)

Welcome to :gtplanet:. We're expecting a new batch of registered drivers to be announced very soon, so cross your fingers that you got it in before the cutoff. If not, it will probably be a couple-week wait.

Promotions effective 2/24/12:

GTP_WRP001 (WRP001) D2 Bronze -> D2 Silver (2.60954 -0.39046)
GTP_Chuk (chukabilly) D2 Bronze -> D2 Silver (2.63798 -0.36202)
GTP_Lou8ball (Lou8ball) D3 Gold -> D2 Bronze (2.81519 -0.51814)
GTP_Allibubba99 (Allibubba99) D4 Bronze -> D4 Silver (4.61040 -0.38960)

Latest qualifier results:

:: Division 1 ::

Division 1 Gold (0.000 - 1.333):

GTP_T-L / iGoFast / Canada (0.866)
GTP_RackAttack / RackAttack / USA (1.304)

Division 1 Bronze (1.667 - 1.999):

GTP_Aguilar / GTPAguilar / Portugal (1.932)

:: Division 2 ::

Division 2 Silver (2.334 - 2.666):

GTP_transamguy / transamguy / Canada (2.440)
GTP_sinkoman / sinkoman / USA (2.669)

Division 2 Bronze (2.667 - 2.999):

GTP_chrishedshot / chrisheadshot / Australia (2.876)

:: Division 3 ::

Division 3 Gold (3.000 - 3.333):

GTP_MinesSky / minessky / Canada (3.282)

Division 3 Silver (3.334 - 3.666):

GTP_JSOCCER9 / Jsoccer9 / USA (3.609)

Division 3 Bronze (3.667 - 3.999):

GTP_mgrtuga / mgrtuga / Portugal (3.750)
GTP_Doggydong / Doggydong / USA (3.979)

:: Division 4 ::

Division 4 Gold (4.000 - 4.333):

GTP_sjstuart / sjstuart / USA (4.048)

Division 4 Silver (4.334 - 4.666):

GTP_ABP / ABP / Germany (4.393)

Division 4 Bronze (4.667 - 4.999):

GTP_dougal_f1 / dougal_f1 / UK (4.763)
GTP_GARETH / GarethP / UK (4.902)

:: Division 5 ::

Division 5 Gold (5.000 - 5.333):

GTP_FrankieFly / ciccillo71 / Italy (5.109)

Welcome to the 15 new drivers! :cheers: Please report to the Ring Type V now. :D

Congrats Tim, Chuk, Lou, and Al, all well deserved. 👍

heWentFast! :scared:

haha I guess so! I wasn't all that confident with my times, glad it worked out.
Unfortunately i've picked up a bit of a knock in soccer and will be unable to compete for the next few days.
I look forward to racing with you guys!
Thanks again to the admins 👍

Well done iGoFast/Turismo-lester!👍
i knew you would do well!

Congratulations and welcome to everybody! :)

:cheers:

Sweet, thanks for getting us registered Vaxen, much appreciated :)

D1 Gold eh :nervous:.... I guess I better put a bit more time in at the ring tonight!

cheerrryyy! I'm pretty pleased with my placing :) (although I just noticed I was .003 over my handicap. Looks like somebody rounded the results, I appreciate it!)

Also looking forward to driving with you folks!

Welcome to the new guys. 👍

I've gone ahead and synched the board up with the registry manually, and re-fetched splits. So those of you who have posted proper splits should be showing up on the board now.

Welcome all new drivers.
2 new Division 1 Gold drivers, now you don't see that every day, welcome to the club. 👍

Welcome new drivers! You got in the registry just in time for a Saturday Marathon of online racing... See my signature for the link.

Back