GTP_WRS : Suggestions Box

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 1,032 comments
Classic race car and contemporary road car or vice versa.

Event name "forty one six times two" after Nick Heidfeld's hill record and to signify two runs...

Would be fun!

I wish we could accommodate that kind of combo, but it would require work from Joost, or at least some *really* creative thinking from the other Admin members.

We would've had to sketch it up at least a week ago to make that happen.

You're welcome to post up your own Goodwood combo in this subforum if you want to run it. We'll help however we can, worst that could happen is we delete your thread. :mischievous:

No worries Lucas. I assumed you would have already lined up wk24. I was streaming Goodwood live on YouTube and had the epiphany! Will try and pull all future epiphanies forward 1-2 wks :sly:

Maybe one for the future though. Allow tuning on the race car and keep the road car stock. Drivers could post the first splits from each run. Since it's standing starts then TC should be disabled...

I get the issue is how to handle the submissions though.

:cheers:

Maybe do a half and half, half week one car then half week another car, or two cars with about the same speed etc and do what we did at motegi back in gt5. But goodwood would be really fun :)

When I saw "Maybe do a half and half" - I thought like a cut-and-shut job - the front of an Alfa and the back of a BMW :)

Multilapper please!!! Short track, several laps! :)

Shame there's no C7R or that'd be perfect at Silverstone and bang up-to-date - since we ran a GT3-esque combo already though at Silv in the HSV I don't think this will be right, otherwise C6R, DeltaWing would all be good.

So.....What about the XKR-S at Laguna? It's big and grunty like a muscle car, heavy like a muscle car and British - plus we need Laguna soon, or I will combust.

Don't see a Mclaren or Lotus working as well at LS

Only other good option would be the V10 Vantage :)

It's a track that needs a big V8 or V10, front engine, rear wheel drive. Being able to tune the gearbox would be good, but nothing else!

Jeez, you're tough to please :lol: How can something based on the name TreVoR not be British enough? Plus, wasn't there an XKR event at Daytona in GT5 last year?

How about a Lotus Carlton?

Last edited:
Since it's July 4th and the British Grand Prix, how about an American car around Silverstone, or since Silverstone has been run already in the recent past, a British car at Laguna Seca????
Hmm, I have a Laguna combo in the hopper, but the car is not British, or American. You shall find out in week 26. ;)

Also, we'll use an FF race car next week.

Also, you are very full of suggestions. Lots of time on your hands? Or not liking the combos? ;)

EDK
Hmm, I have a Laguna combo in the hopper, but the car is not British, or American. You shall find out in week 26. ;)

Great 👍

EDK
Also, you are very full of suggestions. Lots of time on your hands? Or not liking the combos? ;)

Neither as it happens... This thread is for suggestions - so I make them.

Well, here's my suggestions for the WRS:

Nissan R92CP
Racing Hard tires, all parts allowed except power parts; oil change and chassis Reinforcement allowed
Normal tire wear, 40 laps @ Cote d' Azur

Mazda RX500
Sports Soft tires
Any tuning allowed up to 500pp, power limiting is not allowed
Fast tire wear, 16 laps

A second 'wet' leaderboard for weekly time trials when the track has variable weather

Monthly time trials using Nurburgring Nordschleife, using a different car each month

I think just more TTs with a wet track would be a great idea.
They are not really the best for participation, this is the last one we ran.

http://wrs.gtplanet.net/GT5/week/99/

And the one before.

http://wrs.gtplanet.net/GT5/week/51/

To guage participation, look at the total number of participants on the surrounding weeks.

First one listed, 15 participants and 2 weeks after in a multilap combo with AI, we had 23 participants, week after that, 24.

Second one, 37 week before, 42 the week after, 25 for the wet event.

Has an effect similar to rally on participation, not sure why that is. Not to say we won't run them, only to say we most likely will not up the frequency.

A second 'wet' leaderboard for weekly time trials when the track has variable weather
There's no reason we couldn't organize something like this on our own to coincide with the Weekly WRS. Something like an "Unofficial WRS Wet Week xxx". There wouldn't be a Fetchy involved, but it could be an interesting alternative.

Rally suspension on a road car could make sense some time, in a non-tuner. I haven't tried it myself enough so keeping it vague.

I wouldn't mind another 4WD combo. The ZZII at Matterhorn was fun. Maybe some rally car on tarmac.
I can do some testing and come up with something more specific.

May I suggest:
Lexus LFA Nürburgring Package '12 at Special Stage Route 5.
Called: "The Law of Screaming" (Lexus is latin for "law", and screaming... well its a LFA!)

Tire choice and other parameters I'll leave up to you, but the car should be stock, no tuning allowed.:)

edit: maybe "A Night of Screaming":)

Last edited:
et_
May I suggest:
Lexus LFA Nürburgring Package '12 at Special Stage Route 5.
Called: "The Law of Screaming" (Lexus is latin for "law" and screaming... well its a LFA!)

Tire choice and other parameters I'll leave up to you, but the car should be stock, no tuning allowed.:)

edit: "A Night of Screaming":)

The Law of screaming sound a lot more interesting

Week 30: Any car out of the 1200+ and any track you like. Stock suspension, allow just aero and brakes

<< Simple human :D :cheers:

Oh and if you could post it up soon, that way if there's more rain delays at Valhalla I've got something to do with my evening besides ironing :banghead: :lol: 👍

Last edited:
Back