GTP_WRS Week 02 : GT Concept Clio Sport V6 @ Suzuka

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 165 comments
Wow! How hard is this? Just say I like coming out of corners backwards.

i feel embarrassed to show my times :dunce:

T1 59.892
T2 1'47.056

As Stotty said, TCS is the easiest way to feel like you're in control. If this one is really giving you grief then come to the dark side my friends :sly:

I found TSC to be useless on this car even on 1, the only time it helps is in the chicane and at the hairpin. To be honest i found 0 tsc easyer to control as i felt the car go first where as with tsc you don't so much. Even at 8 the traction control kicks in to late and you end up doing a wobble all the way around fast turns and loosing so much speed you might as well stop.

I use between 80 and 90% throttle through dunlop to degna 1 and 90 to 100% from the hairpin to spoon. These are the turns i found to be a problem, hope it helps in some way ;)

Time submitted 👍 Even with the combination of all my best sectors I'd be lucky to find another 0.3, so I'm satisfied with my lap.

First splits for this combo

1'45.805

I found TSC to be useless on this car even on 1, the only time it helps is in the chicane and at the hairpin. To be honest i found 0 tsc easyer to control as i felt the car go first where as with tsc you don't so much. Even at 8 the traction control kicks in to late and you end up doing a wobble all the way around fast turns and loosing so much speed you might as well stop.

I felt the same way too, ran some laps earlier in the week and thought they were very difficult. Later, a couple short sessions netted no full laps let alone clean ones (perhaps why they were short) as I was having trouble with rear grip. Today I used the TCS at 8 and ran for about 2 hours, shortened lap times by over 3.5 seconds and really enjoyed pushing this car around the track.

Now we (you and I) have raced together online and you know I'm no speed demon (noob) but the TCS really helped me with this combo.

You on the other hand, I wish we had some private rooms so I could follow you around the track and learn something from your driving. :bowdown:
Maybe some late night before these events end.

I using NLxAROSA's earlier setup with a change in the rear toe. Will try your new one next session.

If this one is really giving you grief then come to the dark side my friends :sly:

Darth Sidious......is that you? :odd:

This really is a toughie... after ignoring my own advice and fiddling with the settings, I went back to Racer_LP's original set up and found 2/10ths in T1, a 1/10th in T2 and another 1/10th in T3... thanks for posting the settings Racer_LP - they really are solid.

T1 57.759
T2 1'43.974

I think that's me done for this one, time to try and improve my IFTC time for race 2.

No problem, mate. Glad to help 👍

Same here, Dan.

New splits

1'45.454

I'm still using NLxAROSA's earlier setup as the newer one is not to my liking.
I did like the gearing change (less shifting) but I could not get into a rythymn with it, so I reverted back to the original setting.

Improved overall by .6 seconds.

Started having a go at this for the first time today as I've been finishing building my rig this week so far I've got,

T1 58.915
T2 1'46.849

I lost alot of time in T2 as you can see from the time so I think I can probably take another second out of that.

Same here, Dan.

New splits

1'45.454

I'm still using NLxAROSA's earlier setup as the newer one is not to my liking.
I did like the gearing change (less shifting) but I could not get into a rythymn with it, so I reverted back to the original setting.

Improved overall by .6 seconds.

Nice work, I only improved overall .3, But Damn it felt good, I was not happy with my 130R, I sorted that now, but after watching the new replay, I feel like I lost a bit @ Spoon. :)

I found half a second at the finish line:

T1: 58.643
T2: 1'45.694

I have just give this another go, I can find some more time in both splits, just need to keep calm. I keep getting on the throttle too soon and spinning a lot. :ouch:

T1, 0'59.646

T2, 1'47.426

Sam.

Last edited:
I keep getting on the throttle too soon and spinning a lot.
I have the same problem, so today I decided to put in a few practice laps with a high TC (i.e. 8, where before I used a TC of 1) and was able to do a lot more laps than before and while being at it, shaved off a few of those precious tenth-of-a-second (more time to learn track and car presumably). :)

I have the same problem, so today I decided to put in a few practice laps with a high TC (i.e. 8, where before I used a TC of 1) and was able to do a lot more laps than before and while being at it, shaved off a few of those precious tenth-of-a-second (more time to learn track and car presumably). :)

Thanks for the advice, I just tried a few laps with TC @ 8 and went a second faster. :)

New splits,

T1, 0'59.409
T2, 1'47.174

👍

Had an hour break from "World at War" put TC up to 8 and have managed to drop my time too. Might give it another go tomorrow or its bottom of my divison this week for me :scared:

T1 58.989
T2 1'45.718

Twitchy as hell but fun 👍 so far 57.7 / 1'43.9 seen a few 57.5's so back to the track for me :)

Great splits from Bollox :cheers:

The controller definitely wasn't cutting it for this combo, but I haven't decided between getting the DFGT or G25, so I dusted off the 'ole MOMO wheel to tide me over in the mean time. Using a wheel and TCS @ 8:

1'47.347

Even with TCS on, its all about the throttle control and smoothness of steering input, so hopefully will be able to trim the fat before the deadline.

Last edited:
Is it OK to enter the race? I know you can't actually record a time that way, but racing is more fun than practising on your own.

Not that happy with these times, there is more to come when I get confident enough with the car to really push. That Clio is scary!

T1: 59.334
T2: 1:46.582

doh! Forgot: Division 3 silver, DFGT

Last edited:
Is it OK to enter the race? I know you can't actually record a time that way, but racing is more fun than practising on your own.

I'm sure its OK for you to enter the actual race.

Hope you do well.

Enjoying coming to grips with this car and track 👍

T1 58.261
T2 1:45.353

Not sure there is too much more there though.

Div 2 Silver DFP

I'd like to call upon one of the co-updaterers to do the churns today for me as I will be busy doing a running match all day in the east of the country. Luxy is actual up to post 96 now. Thanks 👍

I'd like to call upon one of the co-updaterers to do the churns today for me as I will be busy doing a running match all day in the east of the country. Luxy is actual up to post 96 now. Thanks 👍
Board updated. :)

To all: Please show your division and controller in your signature. 👍

Right I've got a problem. When I review my replay of my lap, each sector time never stops, it keeps on going, and also got problem with my final lap time. At the top right it say's last lap time and best lap time, but when my replay finishes at the end it say's my GTP ID and my final lap time. What my problem is, that the 2 lap times are different, and when it comes to submitting my lap time which do I choose ?

Right I've got a problem. When I review my replay of my lap, each sector time never stops, it keeps on going, and also got problem with my final lap time. At the top right it say's last lap time and best lap time, but when my replay finishes at the end it say's my GTP ID and my final lap time. What my problem is, that the 2 lap times are different, and when it comes to submitting my lap time which do I choose ?

Quote from the first post:

Viewing your T1 & T2 Lap Time Splits:

You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'.
To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Page' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay' option.

Are you sure you saved the right replay?

Back