GTP_WRS Week 02 : GT Concept Clio Sport V6 @ Suzuka

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 165 comments
Tiny Improvements for me, still losing a few tenths here and there. :banghead:

Amazingly addictive. :crazy:

T1, 0'57.782
T1, 1'44.234

As soon as I can get Sam off im going back for some more punishment. :) 👍

I have to nip into work tonight and I'm pretty sure I will be over the limit when I return :sly: so I wont get another chance to race before the deadline .. best I submit now and say Congrats to Bollox in advance as I know I lost a couple of tenths from T2 to the line and expect to be beat by around .2 at the line.
My final splits never changed from 57.538 / 1'43.713 and here's the set up I used if anyone fancies a last ditch effort with it before the deadline :)

I used a few aids here and there to keep this cars ass planted for my driving style .. It pretty much worked for me but not sure how it will go down for others? 💡

Power = 462 / +28
Weight = 909 / 85
Tyres = S2 / S2
Aero = 5 / 15

Height -15 / -15
Springs 4 / 5
Damper 5 / 4
Toe -0.01 / +0.01
Camber 1.0 / 0.9
Brakes 6 / 6
Turn 50
TCS 8
ABS 3

Thanks for a cool combo guys and hope to join the next if time permits ;) Time submitted and replay zipped ready for the results thread .. Good luck to all 👍

Well, I'm just about sick of the Clio now. I know there is more time in the car, but stringing a clean, fast lap together aint easy. I might turn TCS on and give it another go, if not this will probably be it.

T1 58.807
T2 1.45.865

I just couldn't stay away :)

TCS helps. A lot. Within 5 laps I was more than a second a lap quicker with TCS set to 8. My right foot sucks :(

Definitely bored of the Clio now, submitted times:

T1: 58.587
T2: 1:45.328

Last edited:
Thanks for the help, Marc 👍

Did you guys know that you can sort the leaderboard by clicking one of the column headers? You can view the list sorted by any of the variables in the horizontal heading.

Board updated again.

Last edited:
Fiddled with my setup some more and finally settled in and just ran some laps.

Not very consistent at T1, and my last sector is hit and miss as well. My fastest lap has these, with a slow last sector -

1:44.988

Might still be my submitted lap, I'm only about 1 for 5 on a usable T1. I saw a 58.0XX once, and promptly ran into the sand at the hairpin. :ouch:

Going to work on the board now. - Updated my splits and added Mr_P. He somehow got missed.

Last edited:
Ok, I just did some more laps and I'm gonna stay with the time I have on the board right now. On 1 lap I did improve my first sector time by 0.2 seconds, but the total lap time was slower.
I'm not gonna try and beat my time anymore though. I've watched the replay a couple of times and really like the way I drove the hole lap, so I'm keeping it :)

OK - Here are the splits from my submitted lap.

1:44.725

Updating the board again as well.

Good luck to all. 👍

I think it's time for me to give up and hope for the best on next weeks challenge, My final timings are,

T1 58.381
T2 1'45.759

Time to submit.

Wow, that was bad. :ouch:

T1 - 0'59.901
T2 - 1'47.173

Used most of Mr 's set-up and wobbled my way round, relying on the TCS much more than I'd normally like to, you can hear the tenth's disappear every time it cuts the ignition. :( Thanks for posting your set ups everybody, think I tried them all.

Submitting this (pitiful excuse for a) lap now, good luck in the results all.

Darren.

I tried setting TCS at 8, but it just slowed me a few tenths then when I have it at 0.

Anyway, submitted with:

T1 - 0'58.446
T2 - 1'45.148

Well iv only managed to have one session in the clio running no tsc and i lost .200 off my lap at the hairpin but i lack the time and will to go get it. So im submitting and good luck to everyone ;)

Completed tune, TCS:0, ABS:1
T1: 0'57.542
T2: 1'43.578

Not submitting quite yet, I think I can squeeze a couple tenths out.
After getting to know the car I really like it now, which surprised me... I was totally ready to start hating on it profusely.

T1: 0'58.038
T2: 1'44.530

Knocked a second off my overall time, and I'll be happy if I never see the Clio again :P

I ended up knocking a few more tenths off the overall with some really poor splits and will be submitting my time in a few minutes.

Good luck everyone. :cheers:

Ok hi all finally just had chance to have a go at this combo only about 45 minutes.

T1 1:00,150
T2 1:47,362

Hoping i can get another quick go before deadline as i can find a fair bit of time i'm sure.

Good Luck all :)

DOH!!!

I have been saving fast lap replays as a regular replay.... better go fast soon

good luck to all

Last edited:
Time submitted

I was hoping to spend a lot of time in the Clio this weekend, but local events and family emergencies prevented that. I am glad that I at least got one clean lap saved early in the week.

Time submitted as per previous post.

I'm away on business until Thursday, so if I need to submit a replay I'll not be able to do it until then.

Back