GTP_WRS Week 03 : Mini @ London

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 106 comments
My first laps:

T1: 16.859
T2: 34.762

I updated the board.

And @ Mr P: Grow up and stop behaving like a baby. You were overlooked once, maybe twice. When you see that your time is not on the board, send a PM to one of us (e.g. bigracer, EDK, Denur) and we'll put you on. Now, get back behind that wheel, or what ever you have for a controller and make us shiver again. 👍

And while you're at it, please put your division and controller in your signature, thanx. :)

Yes sir! so sorry .. won't do it again! :rolleyes:

Get off your high horse mate, I aint no kid and I already said what can be done with the silly leaderboard as it doesn't concern me as much as ignorance does and I'm pretty much done posting on this matter!
I don't need every WRS minion coming in having a pop after I said I was happy to end it there, .. just because they want to come across as the dude with all the wisdom jumping in on a small exchange of words that already ended peacefully :dunce:

Again! .. I'm done with this for the next know it all's information :)👍

I aint no kid
You could have fooled me there.
zwaait2.gif

T1 16.990
T2 35.415

Despite freaking out a little by seeing my first 16.xxx and driving extra cautious the rest of the lap, I still improved my lap time by .4. I am still burning up the inside front coming out of the corners, but I think I know the line now, even if I can't get the turn in right to hit it.

You have to try and accelerate with as little tyre-frying as possible in order to get the best time...try coasting around the corners a bit, making sure you hit them at the speed you need to coast at...keep things smooth 👍

First undecent set of laps brought a very slow

Struggling with exit speeds and wheel spin. Again disadvantaged because of the sixaxis or just my captainslowness? ;) Colby, do you use TCS or do you have a very tender right thumb?

Board updated

No TCS for me. As for driving with a controller...I think the fact controller users are inputting direction, throttle and braking with on/off commands is punished more in GT5p than it was in GT4, in my opinion anyway. At least when using underpowered cars the on/off commands aren't punished as hard.

Anyway, for this track and car I think the key is to ensure you're able to accelerate cleanly as early as possible on corner exit...the first corner is a good one for practising on since there's a checkpoint down the next straight. Practice it with the ghost on to see what approach to the corner gives you the earliest acceleration possible.

I am having a really hard time with this part:

"The run must be done offline"

It seems that no matter what the auto login is set at this account always logs in to the playstation network when ever I sign on to my GTP user account. Anyone know a way to stop this besides disabling the internet in the network settings? I would really rather not go through entering the wep encryption key over and over again.

I just pull out the ethernet cable,:sly:

BTW,
I hope everybody understand why we have to race offline,

The online ranking for the Mini on London is filled with times made with S-tires.
The majority of us won't be able to make the top 100 with N3 tires but some aliens will reach it.
In that case their times will be public,so offline is better this week.

Grazy to see how many time can gained after 20 laps.

I figured how to do it, so for that I give myself an eight.
For the execution however ,I am still on a six. :D

T1- 16.857
T2 - 34.727

Nice to see that the section between T2 and the finish 3 is pretty difficult.
I think many lost or gained their tenths on that part of track.

Nice to see that the section between T2 and the finish 3 is pretty difficult.
I think many lost or gained their tenths on that part of track.
I found a whole second, then checking the splits I was slower at T1 and only a tenth quicker at T2. Lots of time to be gained or lost in the last sector. I must have tried a dozen lines in the three turns after T2.

T1 16.963
T2 35.055

edit: Did it again with a proper first sector.

T1 16.794
T2 34.831

Last edited:
Here is my first splits on this combo i can safely say i could not eek much more out of the last sector, pretty happen with that.

T1: 16.621
T2: 34.554 ( a bit gentle into nelsons turn) you know the one.

Last edited:
Some good times comin in now...:)
Thanks for putting your division and controller info in your signature ... board updated for that 👍 & RussRobit's splits. I hope all new WRS members will do the same :rolleyes:

A big THANKYOU to Luxy/Luke for updating the coding in the leaderboard so that the controller column display is changed from DFP/DS2 into WHEEL/CONTROLLER :bowdown: I hope this stops the confusion about wheel and controller type.

Last edited:
Spent an hour and 20 on this sweet lil' combo and got:

T1 - :16.633
T2 - :34.450 (with my T1 I know a .3 is possible but....)

If your inside tires aren't smoking, you aren't going fast enough :lol:

LB Updated too

Jerome

Last edited:
Well, after a couple hours of practice, then I found out I better pull the ethernet cable to be off-line. I think I can get another couple of tenths...maybe tomorrow. ( practice with N2 tires, then switch to N3's)
T1 - :16.753
T2 - :34.856

Back