GTP_WRS Week 04 : Ford GT '06 @ Fuji GT

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 119 comments
First clean lap (including a complete standstill in the final lefthander :grumpy:):

1'46.869

EDIT trying out the 'slower = faster' lemma I got to

1'45.821

and feeling there's much more into it once I learn how to half-throttle the car/controller.

Leaderboard updated, but if that's ok with you guys I will no longer make URL-links in these posts as the board link can easily be found and clicked on in my signature.

My trouble with the car is getting thru the very long righthander without loosing too much time. How do you negotiate that stretch? I find it very hard while using the sixaxis controller to lift throttle back to just a bit which I feel the car needs to keep it under control. Thanks for the help in advance 👍

Last edited:
My trouble with the car is getting thru the very long righthander without loosing too much time. How do you negotiate that stretch? I find it very hard while using the sixaxis controller to lift throttle back to just a bit which I feel the car needs to keep it under control. Thanks for the help in advance 👍

Two words: Wheel + pedals.
I think the control over the throttle with the pedals is what makes the wheel so desirable.

If that is not an option, you might have to split it into 2 corners if you can't maintain that just-enough-throttle through the whole corner. I know I often have to left foot brake about 2/3rds into it to prevent from exiting too wide. I think that corner is hard because you come off a fast left before it and then you have to set up for a tight left after.

lap 1 :1'43.547

And I used this crappy tuning.

Ride -20 -10
Spring 10 10
Shocks 10 10
Toe -0.05 +0.06
Camber 2.0 1.4
Brakes 3 3
TCS 0
ABS 2

Gearing standard.

Nice and tasty combo! Trying few times, I got 1.43.somethig, (although I'm not sure if I hit the mt Fuji :D , meaning dirty lap :( ).. Seriously, I hope I'll find time for this in the middle of family duties.

Board updated (link below in signature). Nice times coming in, and good to see I'm not the only slow racer using a controller :dopey:
About the wheel & pedal, Peter: sure thing, let's hope the holidays are good to me this year :lol:

EDIT after 15 or so races and keeping the throttle control business on top of my head I got to

1'45.327

and even managed to dive a full 2 seconds under my total time :)

The setup I use is based on Lars/NLxArosa's fine tuning but I changed

dampers to 5-7-4-6 because I feel a bit harder is better,
brake balance to an even 5/5 (why give the front wheels less braking?),
steering angle to 35 for using the sixaxis, and
final gear to 4.444 so it's a bit more forgiving in the high gear/high revs.

Last edited:
First run 1'44.019
Lots of time to gain, made many mistakes.
Fantastic combo :) 👍

First cut:
L1: 1'42.562

A bit more tuning, a bit more practice, and the times should fall.

brake balance to an even 5/5 (why give the front wheels less braking?)
My tune is already at 5/5. ;)

That said, I do have tunes where the rear brake sensitivity is higher than the front, usually when there is lots of downforce on the rear. A lower setting for the front will decrease understeer when braking and turning at the same time. A higher setting for the rear will increase oversteer when braking and turning in (but watch out for loss of control).

Well its make it or break it week for me after last weeks performance :dunce:

Used NLxAROSA tune added a bit of salt and pepper and everything else in the kitchen and got a solid clean two laps but still loads of improvement to be had.

L1 1'43.014

Thanks NLxAROSA for the tune 👍

L1 1'44.283

Knocked nearly 2 seconds of my previous L1 time tonight in little over half an hour. Looking at replays, I'd be disappointed if I can't get it down to a low 1'43.

Board updated.

I retried about 10 times last night but couldn't seem to improve on the lap on the board :grumpy: still, the best combo so far 👍

My first entry:

Lap 1: 1'41.551

Really loving this one, thanks Sjaak 👍

Edit: just to be sure: 2 wheels on the rumble strips and the other 2 on the green stuff is OK, right?

Last edited:
Well, I was all set to dig in to this combo with a nice holiday break ahead of me, but it seems like I will have to take a break from WRS festivties for a short amount of time. My PS3 decided to stop spinning discs! Can't get it to load any movies/games.

Luckily its still under warranty, so sending it in to them.

Not sure why this couldn't have happened when I was working all hours of the day, but oh well :indiff:

Edit: just to be sure: 2 wheels on the rumble strips and the other 2 on the green stuff is OK, right?

Yep! 👍

Just make sure that you don't get a third wheel off when the rumble strip ends.

Is it possible to see the first lap time and final lap time on replay?
Or must my brain remember the first lap while i drive? :crazy:

Hit the square while watching the replay and the HUD will display, including "best lap", which will show the Lap 1 time. Lap 2 will show briefly when you cross the finish line, so you can add the two together.

Final time is also shown in the lineup after you finish the race, so you can write this down.

My PS3 decided to stop spinning discs!

That sucks, Drew.

Not sure this is my fastest 1st lap time but it is from my fastest save.
I was switching between Stotty and NLxAROSA's setups for my first session.
Both good setups. Thanks for sharing guys.

First split for this week.

1'43.971

My first entry:

Lap 1: 1'41.551

Really loving this one, thanks Sjaak 👍
Great lap there! A request for the leaderboard is to please put your GTP_WRS division and controller type (wheel or controller will do just fine) into your signature. Thanks for that 👍 and your excellent lap is on the board just now.
Well, I was all set to dig in to this combo with a nice holiday break ahead of me, but it seems like I will have to take a break from WRS festivties for a short amount of time. My PS3 decided to stop spinning discs!
Tough luck, hope it gets fixed soon :scared:
What I do here is pause the game just before the finish of lap 2 when I know I did a good 2 lapper, then write down the time for lap one and exit pause. Then you can write down both lap 2 and the total time 👍

Board updated.

Great lap there! A request for the leaderboard is to please put your GTP_WRS division and controller type (wheel or controller will do just fine) into your signature. Thanks for that 👍 and your excellent lap is on the board just now.

Thanks, although it's not really that great. Managed a 1'41.191 before this, but the 2nd lap was really slow, so my overall time is better now.:)
As for the division and contoller type: I'm division 2 gold and use a G25, but I thought that was in my signature already, at the top :odd:. At least it has been for a few weeks now and haven't changed it since. It was the same for WRS week 2 and didn't have any problems then.
I can read it just fine, but if you can't, let me know, maybe there's a problem with it or something.

I'm division 2 gold and use a G25, but I thought that was in my signature already, at the top.
Added this info to the Leaderboard. And yes, it shows in your signature. 👍

As for the division and contoller type: I'm division 2 gold and use a G25, but I thought that was in my signature already, at the top
Guess it was late last night because I must have overlooked that info in your signature :ill: Anyway, nice to have such a fast racer around in WRS 👍 I guess you won't be in Div2 for long if you're that fast.

2nd Run
Using Dutch Customs setup, thanks for sharing. :cheers:

1'42.897

I hope i can find the time to try and improve some more, loving this combo. :)

Back