GTP_WRS Week 04 : Ford GT '06 @ Fuji GT

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 119 comments
Board updated for gundalini's lap.

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum, may I know am I qualified to take part in the race? Thanks!
You're very welcome in our great little racing community. In order to participate there are a few things to do. Check out this thread to find out what to do. Read it carefully so you can fly through the procedure and keep the mods happy :) Good luck 👍

Last edited:
Well, I was all set to dig in to this combo with a nice holiday break ahead of me, but it seems like I will have to take a break from WRS festivties for a short amount of time. My PS3 decided to stop spinning discs! Can't get it to load any movies/games.

Luckily its still under warranty, so sending it in to them.

Not sure why this couldn't have happened when I was working all hours of the day, but oh well :indiff:

i was wondering why u haven't posted a lap time yet, that sucks hopefully it gets fixed quickly.

my new time is

L1: 1'44.510

a little improvement

Board updated for gundalini's lap.

You're very welcome in our great little racing community. In order to participate there are a few things to do. Check out this thread to find out what to do. Read it carefully so you can fly through the procedure and keep the mods happy :) Good luck 👍

Thanks mate! but I just bought my PS3 with GT5P juz weeks ago, certain things I'm not very sure how to go about.

Like what it shows in GTP_WRS & Registry Qualifying Race (GT5P)

Step One: Creating Your GTP_PSN ID,
Meaning I can create as many as PSN ID I want? Because I think I already created one by using PS3.

Step Two: Run The GTP_Qualifier
Meaning before each race we gota run Qualifier? Any lap limit? Just submit the best lap time in here?

Many thanks in advance! :)

Thanks mate! but I just bought my PS3 with GT5P juz weeks ago, certain things I'm not very sure how to go about.

Like what it shows in GTP_WRS & Registry Qualifying Race (GT5P)

Step One: Creating Your GTP_PSN ID,
Meaning I can create as many as PSN ID I want? Because I think I already created one by using PS3.
Create a GTP_tag psn,
If you made already GTP_Camo_Fly,it is ok.

Step Two: Run The GTP_Qualifier
Meaning before each race we gota run Qualifier? Any lap limit? Just submit the best lap time in here?.

Run the qualifier ( please read the qualifier thread carefully.)
Save your fastest lap and send the time by PM to Sphinx.

But keep in mind to spend as much time on your qualifier as you will do on your future WRS races so you will end in the div. you belong.

And welcome to the WRS.👍

1'44.055

Did a 1'43.835 too, but overshot the first corner on the second lap.

Edit: I didn't do a 1'39. Typo.

Last edited:
Create a GTP_tag psn,

But keep in mind to spend as much time on your qualifier as you will do on your future WRS races so you will end in the div. you belong.

And welcome to the WRS.👍

Icic, thank you very much for the info! Guess I got lots to learn from you guys, Cheers!👍

Hit the square while watching the replay and the HUD will display, including "best lap", which will show the Lap 1 time. Lap 2 will show briefly when you cross the finish line, so you can add the two together.

Final time is also shown in the lineup after you finish the race, so you can write this down.

thanks vaxen:tup:
Ole B

Got it down again, 1'43.848

Knocked 2 seconds off each lap since the start. Both laps look completely scruffy still.

Found a few tenths:

L1: 1'42.505

edit> Board updated

Last edited:
L1 1'43.626

We seem a bit lower on numbers this week in comparison to last week and week before that.

Just to clarify, I was at the first corner and my left-sided wheels were on the inside rumble strip. That is allowed, isn't it? Only if all 4 wheels are off the track is it prohibited?

1'43.437

Did do a 1'43.170, but again cocked up the second lap.

@ Sureshot

rumble/ripple strips are part of the track

Two wheels on the rumble strips and two on the grass is legal.

Nice lap time 👍

@ Sureshot

rumble/ripple strips are part of the track

Two wheels on the rumble strips and two on the grass is legal.

Nice lap time 👍

Thanks, just about got it as far as I can go. I'm very inconsistent on my second lap though, just too eager to beat my time. Considering faffing about with the toe and camber settings to see if I can break the 1'43 barrier.

Here's the setup I'm using. It seems to me to be stable and the car seems to rotate well in the corners. I'm curious to know if I'm somewhat on track with this or am I way off.

rh -20 -18
spring 5 6
damp 7 8
toe -.13 +.03
brake 7 8
turn angle 45 (g25)
tc off
abs 1
final 4.029

Last edited:
High brake strength. I'm on 5/5 for brakes. Doesn't that affect you on the lighter braking? Like round the long right hander? For the left before the last corner?

High brake strength. I'm on 5/5 for brakes. Doesn't that affect you on the lighter braking? Like round the long right hander? For the left before the last corner?

In my mind, if I'm using abs, the higher the brake strength, the smaller the difference from front to rear when it's biased like that and I get maximum stopping power when needed. With this car I'm either not skilled enough or I'm too lazy to set up the car for no abs.
I only "brush" the brakes on that corner and it's not a problem. I'm a 2 foot driver, so I use both brake and throttle to balance the car.
Would you try the set and let me know what you think?

In my mind, if I'm using abs, the higher the brake strength, the smaller the difference from front to rear when it's biased like that and I get maximum stopping power when needed. With this car I'm either not skilled enough or I'm too lazy to set up the car for no abs.
I only "brush" the brakes on that corner and it's not a problem. I'm a 2 foot driver, so I use both brake and throttle to balance the car.
Would you try the set and let me know what you think?

Ah, one major disadvantage of the pad is not being able to use accelerator and brake at the same time. I'll have a go on your set tomorrow morning. I'm really into this combo, good pick WRS admins.

L1 1'42.857

Got a good 2nd lap in this time, can still see another 1/2-3/4 of a second available though. I seem to be watching the corner speeds more than the apex's at the moment. Damned annoyed that I have an assignment and a menu to create tomorrow, reckon with a couple more hours I can get it to a 1'42 dead.

Create a GTP_tag psn,

And welcome to the WRS.👍

Can I tune my car for the qualifier??

Back