GTP_WRS Week 04 : Ford GT '06 @ Fuji GT

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 119 comments
Here's the setup I'm using. It seems to me to be stable and the car seems to rotate well in the corners. I'm curious to know if I'm somewhat on track with this or am I way off.

rh -20 -18
spring 5 6
damp 7 8
toe -.13 +.03
brake 7 8
turn angle 45 (g25)
tc off
abs 1
final 4.029

Okay, tested your settings this morning. Got a good result with some alterations. Did take me a while to get used to them, especially at the long right hander, the stronger brakes, I didn't notice in terms of handling under braking or the light braking spots. The gearing was better than my gearing, I was entering the red in 6th as I hit the braking spot for T1 and was going about 5-6mph quicker.

L1 1'42.390

With my best 2nd lap, but could've been better. I nailed the long right for the first time on the first lap. Only difference with my set-up from yours was:

Turn angle 40 - I'm using the pad
TC 3 - What I've been using throughout the whole combo, going back to 0, just didn't work.
Camber 1.7/1.5 - I'm pretty sure I grabbed NLxAROSA's camber settings.

Absolutely chuffed that I'm within a tenth of a D1 racer. I'll need to scrutinise the replay to see what apex I missed on L1, if any, but I'm not sure if I'll improve on 1'42.390.

That is a mighty good lap Sureshot. 👍

I improved a bit myself:

L1: 1'42.225

Board is updated

We I've managed to get a quicker L1 using RussRobit tune but for my sins I managed to do a slow L2 but its still my quickest overall. I know I have another .5 seconds to gain overall. Thanks for the tune RussRobit 👍

L1 1'42.008

Improved my time:

L1: 1'41.229

L1: 1'41.076

Last edited:
Thats it time submitted and a whole day early too!! I hope my placing is much better than week 3 or its another :dunce: for me!! No real improvement on L1 but a much better L2. Shame I never broke the 1'42 barrier.

L1 1'42.001

still working on it.

1'43.871

1'43.753

1'43.352

I may be done. L.O.F.T. problem getting in the way! :crazy:

Last edited:
Wow, again a combo thread with a hundred posts ... quite an activity 👍

Board updated.

I submitted my time aswell. I've done a 1'40.8 first lap, but of course I screwed up in the second lap and haven't been able to repeat it.

Still, I'm happy with my time. :)

Didn't get a chance to try this again after the 30 mins I ran last Sunday... work and wife got in the way!

After a couple hours I still can't seem to find those extra 2 seconds I see others finding!

I'll have to settle for this: 1'43.626

As the qualifier is set in Arcade/Single Race you can only switch on or off the driving aids. Good luck 👍

Thanks for the reply, but what I meant is, can I go in to the tunning screen to tune my car for the qualifier? Meaning does the Qualifier Rules allow that? And also can I reduce the number of AI cars in the race? Thanks in advance!

Got home from a trip last night and decided to give this a try. Not much time to improve, so I won't be competitive in the division or anything. But it was still a good combo. 👍

My lap 1 from my submission was -

1:42.418

Thanks for the reply, but what I meant is, can I go in to the tunning screen to tune my car for the qualifier? Meaning does the Qualifier Rules allow that? And also can I reduce the number of AI cars in the race? Thanks in advance!
My bad, as the qualifier is not set in Single Race but in Time Trial. In that mode you cannot alter the tuning stuff and there won't be any AI.

Board updated, and time submitted. Best combo so far to me, tho my times are crap as usual :)

Last edited:
Time Submitted.
I had hoped to get a third go at this combo but sadly time wont permit.
Loved this event.

My bad, as the qualifier is not set in Single Race but in Hotlap (or whatever it's called in your Prologue version). In that mode you cannot alter the tuning stuff and there won't be any AI.

Board updated, and time submitted. Best combo so far to me, tho my times are crap as usual :)

Sorry, I'm too noob/new to this, although I played every version of GT series lol

So I go in to e Arcad mode > choose Fuji Speedway F > qualifier(on the menu before I start the actual race right?)?

Thanks a lot!

Sorry, I'm too noob/new to this, although I played every version of GT series lol

So I go in to e Arcad mode > choose Fuji Speedway F > qualifier(on the menu before I start the actual race right?)?

Thanks a lot!
This matter further dealt with thru PM.

I didn't retry after yesterday. Submitted.

Submitting with no improvements from my first session.

Good luck to all.

I found my time for some serious tyre punishing. I managed to improve a bit whit the children not running around my setup :)
..Getting in the California ;)
-fbk-

Sorry Guys to be that late, but I didn't had much time this week...

So I gave it a 5 race try tonight and submitted

Lap 1 : 1.40.852 ;)

don't worry, I screwed up the 2nd lap :nervous:
hope to have more time for next one
:cheers:

Time submitted, really enjoyed this combo, including getting involved with the set-up on here, hopefully that makes up a bit for my mess-up in Week 3. On to the Red beast, it is.

Last edited:
Results up shortly.

Sorry for the delay. :guilty:
No worries mate, we all know you do all you can and that is more than enough.

I noticed, to change subject, that you frequently change your avvie these days whereas before you stuck to the jahweh-image. New insights? :lol:

Back