GTP_WRS Week 32 : Round Trip from Daytona to Tokyo

• Thread starter EDK
  • 171 comments
Really didn't know where to post this but since is sorta TT oriented I'll try here.

The Hour

While sitting on the throne I was thinking about racing...not an uncommon act....when I remembered a little known race event from the 70s. It was called THE HOUR. You drive the assigned car as PRESENTED for one hour. At the finish you are scored on

FASTEST LAP positive multiplier
SLOWEST LAP negative multiplier
AVERAGE SPEED positive multiplier
DISTANCE COVERED positive multiplier
FUEL ECONOMY positive multiplier.

It can be done like a TT where you submit your numbers backed up by a reviewable replay ( or in conjunction with an established TT or race event) or it can be done Head to head ( which I prefer because it removes it from the " laboratory" and puts it "on the track")

You do not know the points for each category for each race and obviously the fastest may not win so it really is self handicapping event.

Was an inexpensive hoot. I did mine on a Solo course in a Mall Parking lot in Ct....in a KGhia....came in third behind a 289 Cobra and a Baby Bimmer (2002). Obviously it must have been fun to remember after all these years. During the fuel crunch they stopped doing these and they were never sanctioned because they were not spectator friendly. They never ran them head to head on the same track but I did one that was in parallel side by side courses.

Seems to me that it might be adapted to Virtual Racing very easily. And the time could be changed but I prefer the hour because it really enters the realm of pacing as well as pure speed.

I'm going to run one for the Ferrari and see how "doable" it is. Of course the scoring system can be tweaked as desired .

You know your age is out in the open now don't you? I popped quarters into that machine like a madman when I was a kid. Remember the blonde's hair swinging in the wind? One crash and you were done...

I played the PS2 version, Coast 2 Coast, and I know a bit of the original. Is it that surprising that a 26 year old knows about Outrun?

Hi all !

I've just finished my new wheel for my rig last week (the same as Alpine A110 and Ferrari Dyno). I began this TT today and I discovered that it was the same wheel in the 365 GTB4. Just wanted to share it with you guys :)

Alpine A110
01_Alpine_A110_1600S_72.jpg

Dyno 246 GT
02_Ferrari_Dyno_246_GT_71.jpg

365 GTB4
03_Ferrari_365GTB4_71.jpg

And the one on my rig.
04_Momo_Prototipo.jpg

Btw
1'02.100

Last edited:
I played the PS2 version, Coast 2 Coast, and I know a bit of the original. Is it that surprising that a 26 year old knows about Outrun?

Didn't know there was a PS2 version. The arcade machine was popular during the late 80's early 90's where I live. So yeah, you were like 2 years old when I used to play the game and it would be surprising for me if you knew anything about it. Next thing you are gonna tell me you enjoyed "1942" too :D
Completely forgot about the Dreamcast-Ps2 friendly games 👍

Big improve splits / line

Verified by dozen of pics 'cause yellow plates after the chicane was so close :scared:
Can't do better so 'submitted / accepted'

After my sunday drive I have almost reached my goal. Hopefully I can score tomorrow.

Can't get a grip on the line and handling this week. I think I may still knock another tenth or two off but this one has me a bit vexed.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

After 343 km got an okay improvement but not before doing a dirty lap. I clearly hit the rail on the right when approaching the hairpin. So I did another lap with the exact same time. I thought, no way I'm that close to the limit. Also, I was not sure which lap the game would save. Saved both the full replay and best lap, and pressed on.

Improved once more afterwards:

Turned out the valid twin was saved.

746 km on this one.

3 tenths at the line. I think my biggest problem with this one is I don't have enough miles on the odometer.

1:02.575

PS3 Blowed up ( teck term)...restored the data to the spare PS3 but somehow lost all previous laps...might be slower but this kid is DONE.

Back