GTP_WRS Week 43 : License to Overtake

• Thread starter PASM
  • 267 comments
Had no more time running again, left .15 for me out there.

Submitted and accepted, good luck to any late runners

Gonna submit but keep on plugging away for the time being.

2 tenths improvement at the line but I got a feeling I'm gonna get slaughtered in T2 :lol:

Submitted, accepted. One of those weeks when you are enjoying both car and track until you notice how slow you are, or also when you loved the car until you had to push it to its limits. Would probably have skipped this one if it wasn't for Paul's bonuses :lol:

Other things got in the way this week, which given the 6 week absence was a little troublesome. A total of 220 miles and I still cannot get a good tidy lap. I managed several .0xx T1s, only to completely lose all talent at the next two corners. I managed to knock over 0.2 seconds off the overall lap, even with a slower T1. I reckon I can see about a quarter of a second left by tiding up the lap, but I ran out of talent.

Good luck all.

Last session tonight and I just couldn't get that perfect lap together and was lap after lap slower then my time on the LB :confused: So I dicided after 60 laps if I want to shave of some time from my fastest lap just maybe I have to shave my hair of :lol: And that is exactly what I did because it's an open car and maybe the feeling of the fresh wind in your hair is nice :cool:it also is not aerodynamic. Did it work you wonder :confused: Yes it did in the first sector but got :nervous: at luffield and just hit the throttle to late or to early :ill: But just when I wanted the quit there it was the perfect lap for me :cheers: So i'm not bold for nothing and already a very happy guy no matter where I end up on the Leader Board. :gtpflag:

O yeah before I forget submitted and accepted with this split:

And you never guess when my lap was recorded... it was at 22:20.07 :bowdown:

As close to a perfect lap as I'll get, so I'm submitting (and Fetchy is accepting):

I have had 33.5 T1s, but I've binned them.

week 43 has been accepted........I was .083 from reaching my goal....oh well. I am just glad I remembered the time change this week and got my time in. Fun combo @PASM ! Thanks! Let the chips fall where they may. Good Luck everyone!

Tried a last hour dash before submitting but haven't been able to beat my ghost over the lap... I reckon I lost a good .1xx on my best lap from the split to the line as I have seen much slower attempts close the gap more on the last turns :( this one is for whoever took the last section the best as its so so close!! :eek: 👍

Good luck to all in the results, submitted and accepted 👍

I can't get over how close it's going to be:scared:. I'm predicting I'll be somewhere around 5-7 will my last sector.

Where are you guys seeing the results?

Can you give me a link please?

EDIT : OK I got it. :lol:

Congrats to the Divisional podium winners 👍

Last edited:
Well, nobody claimed @hasslemoff's double-bonus in the WRS Career Championship for being 0.007 seconds faster or slower than the next driver, but @Meister Fetz was closest by being 0.009 seconds faster than @numbnuts70 and 0.009 seconds slower than @Mattin.

@roamer2629, you could have been 0.004 seconds slower (or I could have been 0.004 seconds faster) and we both would have collected an extra $2500 :sly:.

Congrats to the podium winners

If you haven't checked out Paul's WRS Career Championship, I recommend it. We'll be starting the National B Championship (Part 1) on Sunday with the 405PP (or less) FF Cup, with the 415PP 80s/90s Cup and the 2-Sunday 445PP FR Cup to follow. Because there are capped lap times, and there are always cars within the PP limit and the budget that even a ham-fisted driver like myself can hit the cap with, you don't need to be an alien or near-alien to be competitive. Because the National B is a fresh championship, even if you missed the Amateur Cup, you will have $50,000 to start.

This was a really tightly contested TT. The top 5 times all were within a tenth :eek:. It took me a while to get into this one, but once I did, it grew on me. I am looking forward to the race on Wednesday.
I hope more than 4 people show up to the NA race. :odd:

If I can get my Internet working half way right I'll give you another.
Try to get your PS3 setup with a static IP address and put it on the DMZ. Also with low numbers of racers, it puts less demand on your connection. 👍

Back