GTP_WRS/3D3 GT6 Career Championship

• Thread starter hasslemoff
  • 2,034 comments
Thank you @Eggstor Steve for being the only one on my friends list brave enough to use the Neon in the Bathurst FF Seasonal (with ABS=0, no less :eek:).

Based on the speed of your ghost line, I assume you got it up to 500PP and changed the gearbox? I added power and removed weight until I was at 500PP, changed to tranny trick dog box, ABS=0, and then was able to equal your gold time, and it was quite fun. :D

Stock 428PP (no oil) I could only do 3sec slower than bronze time (ABS=1).

EDIT: All on SH tires, of course.
Yep, though I'm not sophisticated enough to do the full custom-set tranny trick. I auto-set it to 174 mph after cutting the weight as far as I could, changing the oil, adding the sports computer/racing exhaust/trick exhaust manifold/sports catalytic converter/intake tuning (which got me to 500PP/344 hp/1,105 kg), and tossing in the adjustable limited slip differential (7/32/5) and triple-plate clutch. I didn't even change the suspension.

The only place ABS 0 was tricky on that track was coming off of Brock's Skyline. Just call me a "purist" (or a masochist) on that front - I almost never turn ABS on, even though I probably would be borderline D2B with it.

Last edited:
WRSBuyAnyCar.Web 6th Offer

Here is your Sixth offer in the Auction, register in the bonus event post (5) to sell your car for the value below or hang on to see if the offer gets higher :sly:.

6th offer 19000 Credit

Ow, that one hurts. I've never been one to "let it ride" :irked: :lol:

I try. :)

It can hit the targets easily at the FF Cup, so I'll be detuning, with most likely different settings for each track. Then I'll get a fun 80-90's FR car that can pick up where the Neon is ineligible. 👍

I'll get a fun 80-90's FR car

I can't wait to see what YOU call a "fun car" :D
As much as we like to make fun of the Neon it was great to watch your standing starts.

And there is one more thing that everyone should know. Lucas basically handed the second place in overall standings to me because he was actually too polite. He thought he might have caused the turn 1 incident in London due to network lag. So he waited for everyone involved in the crash to get back in front. It turned out he never touched Jon so he didn't need to wait.
This is not the first time I saw him being extra careful. He is one of the most respectful racers I know.

Awww :embarrassed:

Go on. ;)

EDIT: And I really didn't mind getting 3rd to you and Patrick, you guys are always fun to race.

By "fun car" I mean something a little wilder than the S2000, definitely not the Silvia (too tame).
Still need to hunt around but we've seen suggestions about TVR's, Corvette's, and Camaro's. :D

EDIT2: That said, the S2000 is fantastic and the only reason I'd avoid it is that it seems like it will be popular with those who don't have a lot of time to test a bunch of alternatives.

Last edited:
By "fun car" I mean something a little wilder than the S2000, definitely not the Silvia (too tame).
Still need to hunt around but we've seen suggestions about TVR's, Corvette's, and Camaro's. :D

EDIT2: That said, the S2000 is fantastic and the only reason I'd avoid it is that it seems like it will be popular with those who don't have a lot of time to test a bunch of alternatives.
The 1997 Camaro has a bit too much understeer for the later FR events, at least in my hands of stone and feet of lead.

Edit - the 1999 Viper won't get down to 415PP, though that's the only 1980s-19990s FR that won't qualify for the 80s/90s Cup.

Edit2 - The RX7s that are newer than my late, not-so-great 1990 GT-X should also be popular. The question is, how much money does one want to spend?

Last edited:
I almost sold the TRD, just because it is terrible off the line. But in the end I stuck with it, was afraid of a jinx for selling the car that won the overall. Kind of like the Red Sox selling Babe Ruth to the Yankees, that did not work out too well for them ;). Instead of the "Curse of the Bambino", I would have had the "Curse of the TRD".

yankees-buy-babe-ruth-article-3.jpg

The 1997 Camaro has a bit too much understeer for the later FR events, at least in my hands of stone and feet of lead.

Edit - the 1999 Viper won't get down to 415PP, though that's the only 1980s-19990s FR that won't qualify for the 80s/90s Cup.

Edit2 - The RX7s that are newer than my late, not-so-great 1990 GT-X should also be popular. The question is, how much money does one want to spend?
Thanks for that interesting info/tip about the Viper. 👍

And as for how much money - as Mike has said in the past - "enough to have fun". :lol:

I should correct the above - the 1999 Aston Martin V8 Vantage, 1999 Nissan Pennzoil Nismo GT-R, 1997 Toyota Castrol Tom's Supra, 1992 AMG Mercedes 190 E 2.5 - 16 Evolution II, 1999 Lister Storm V12 Race Car and the 1998 Panoz Esperante GTR-1 Race Car also won't get down to 415PP. However, since the cheapest of those (the Vantage) is 448,000 credits, we wouldn't be able to buy them anyway. The 1999 Viper, at an even 78,000 credits, remains the only affordable 1980s/1990s FR car that can't get down to 415PP.

I should correct the above - the 1999 Aston Marton V8 Vantage, 1999 Nissan Pennzoil Nismo GT-R, 1997 Toyota Castrol Tom's Supra, 1992 AMG Mercedes 190 E 2.5 - 16 Evolution II, 1999 Lister Storm V12 Race Car and the 1998 Panoz Esperante GTR-1 Race Car also won't get down to 415PP. However, since the cheapest of those (the Vantage) is 448,000 credits, we wouldn't be able to buy them anyway. The 1999 Viper, at an even 78,000 credits, remains the only affordable 1980s/1990s FR car that can't get down to 415PP.

You Sir, have some serious knowledge :bowdown:

Bonus Event No 6

wrs_banner_tt-png.210713

GTP_WRS Week 43: License to Overtake

Compete in Week 43, License to overtake Time Trial with the BMW Z8 '01 on Silverstone National Circuit and receive a 2500 cr bonus, plus you can double your bonus to 5000 cr if you finish exactly .007 faster or slower than any other driver :).

silverstone-national-circuit_12-jpg.252753

• Bonus Credit: 2500 cr or 5000 cr

Last edited:
Did some testing and it seems my Civic is still a good choice for the first 2 events - registered in reserve. I hope I manage to be home in time... that time slot is always a close one for me :indiff:

Did some testing and it seems my Civic is still a good choice for the first 2 events - registered in reserve. I hope I manage to be home in time... that time slot is always a close one for me :indiff:

That would be great if you could make it work. This would give you more options for the FR car, most people (including me) will be limited to 80-90.

I hope Mike, I hope ;) It has always been a real pleasure when we came to race each other from my very beginning in the WRS (remember our battles in the last race of the triple Mix)

@hasslemoff Sorry to do this, especially so last minute. But I only had about an hour on Friday to run the bonus TT, and could only send it this morning to the bot. Apparently I wasn't signed in, because it rejected my application saying that it didn't match my PSN. I have no time today before 11:59 GMT to do another run and submit again, so please take me out of the bonus event list. Again, sorry for doing this in such short notice. :/

@hasslemoff Sorry to do this, especially so last minute. But I only had about an hour on Friday to run the bonus TT, and could only send it this morning to the bot. Apparently I wasn't signed in, because it rejected my application saying that it didn't match my PSN. I have no time today before 11:59 GMT to do another run and submit again, so please take me out of the bonus event list. Again, sorry for doing this in such short notice. :/
Could you add me to that conversation with Fetchy? It's supposed to work whether you're signed in or not.

Last edited:

That happened to me once. I had accidentally included somebody else's replay inside my zip. Fetchy went all the way into that zip file and thought I was somebody else. Hope this helps:tup:

Could you add me to that conversation with Fetchy? It's supposed to work whether you're signed in or not.

Done.

That happened to me once. I had accidentally included somebody else's replay inside my zip. Fetchy went all the way into that zip file and thought I was somebody else. Hope this helps:tup:

I only had that one replay, so I don't know :/

Under a week left till the First race of the National B Championship

Well with the Novice Championship in the past now, we look forward to the next chapter involving some smoking starts with the Front wheel drive's, a bit of Wham in the 80's-90's and some drifting in the FR's.

228219-cb9dae43a247e115876fd21b372b78df.jpg

With the one car selection out the window in this championship who's going to select the two or three cars to take the honor of the National B Champion, with the price of cars previously bought not coming into contention I can see a few using there pride and joy's from previous events, which unfortunately means there is some bright ugly cars :).

222695-78724860dc4e9988ed34d01bb52b0088.jpg

Who's tempted to stay away from the Japanese manufacturers and maybe try to make a 80's FR American car turn a corner while the good old British TVR will always put a smile on your face even while you smash into a fence.
Me and my quality Korean machines with there 5 year unlimited mileage warranty are still able to be used but the Tiburon's life has come to a end as I have an eye for a pricey replacement ;).

There was also a rodent problem in the three previous cups ;), is someone able to exterminate the problem and clinch a cup win so the Rats don't over run the Cup population as well.

autumn-ring-mini-jpg.243304

Don't forget the new penalty of 30 second's for been quicker than the capped lap time and the date change of the first two FR race's

With all the testing for these don't forget the WRS Online race's, WRS Time Trials and finally the Special 2.4 hr Enduro which is the next bonus event including a free car for running the enduro to add to your garage once the results are done for the last bonus event.

proxy.php

Good luck, Have Fun and Enjoy the Testing

Back