GTP_WRS Week 45 : Ferrari F40 @ High Speed Ring Reverse

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 123 comments
first splits. Getting consistant 20.8s at T1 one but just can't break the 42.2's at T2. Any tips on hows best to drive the esses :boggled: I think my main problem is not getting on the power until late in the corner coming out the last esses on to the bridge.

T1 20.889
T2 42.233

New splits

T1: .660
T2: .502

.05 faster total time so.. :ouch:

Still looking for that .1 :(

first splits. Getting consistant 20.8s at T1 one but just can't break the 42.2's at T2. Any tips on hows best to drive the esses :boggled: I think my main problem is not getting on the power until late in the corner coming out the last esses on to the bridge.

T1 20.889
T2 42.233

Same, im losing alot there... cant get the power down on a DS3.

Same, im losing alot there... cant get the power down on a DS3.

Not sure I can help much but here is my advice. Focus on the exit of second turn just before you go over the bridge. Practice setting that up by taking the first turn as you come out of the tunnel in different ways. I find if I swing out and slow early enough, I can get on the throttle really quick heading directly at that red/white/blue barrier at the start of the bridge. Slight steering to the left to avoid contact but at the same time not so much I lose the rear end.

From what I can see, its best to keep that sector to near 21 seconds flat or below - you do that and you hit it right. With a 20.8 in the first sector you should be able to see a 41.8 if you hit it well. I've seen a few 41.9s but not many - gonna take another shot at it tonight.

Its tough for me to give you advice since I use a wheel but hopefully you'll get something out of this - the key is to sacrifice in the first turn if you must so you can benefit in that final turn since you have such a long run down to the turn after the bridge.

Good Luck!

EDIT: After quite a few more laps I stand at this:

T1: 20.742
T2: 41.927

This is much like last week - putting together a lap with 3 good sectors is extremely tough - the F40 on S2's is extremely unforgiving.

Last edited:
Was I so detailed in description that you could call it a replay?

:sly:

:dopey: it was, Padawan learner.

Had another quick go, this one is a pain. Its not very exciting to be honest, like most combo's at hsr, brutally frustrating

New splits

T1: .660
T2: .502

.05 faster total time so.. :ouch:

Still looking for that .1 :(
I don't understand this. Either you are slower in your T's than before or almost a full second faster?
Please state your splits in full please Tim.

Board updated awaiting your correcting post 👍

I don't understand this. Either you are slower in your T's than before or almost a full second faster?
Please state your splits in full please Tim.

Board updated awaiting your correcting post 👍

I'm slower in my splits, but faster in total. I thought it was quite obvious. Sorry for the confusion.

And it truly is frustrating as I'm already happy with the time, but also know that there is 0.15 there to take if everything goes as it should go :dunce: Shouldn't be impossible either.

Will give this one more try and then let it be. 👍

it was, Padawan learner.

So you're a Jedi now?

Last edited:
Small improvement to T2, but a lot faster at the line.

T1: 20.644
T2: 41.634

First splits, very tough combo:

Messy 2nd sector, so masses of time to cover there.

It has been ages since I last raced in the WRS. But this week is my last week of vacation and thus the PS3 came out of the closet again with me behind the wheel. And Ohh My Gosssh (I've been watching too much US TV lately), you guys are great, what amazing splits. 👍

During my vacation at the Cote d'Azur in Cannes I came across many many Ferraris (F430 cabrios mostly), but sadly no F40's. The guy in the picture (taken just outside our sea-view appartment) reminds me of someone who should have been at Spa at the time (but it was early evening Saturday that weekend, so he might have been just in time to catch a helicopter back to Belgium the next morning and be in time to watch his team gaining their very first F1 points).

Anyway, my first plits:
T1: 20.887
T2: 42.147

Last edited:

I've seen quite a few 20.7's and a couple of 41.9's, but I was unable to pip this lap I set in my first session. Losing a lot of time in the esses to a lot of you, and I've approached the complex in a variety of ways. Still, very good times from you all.

Thanks for the advice LinPark.. gonna give it another go tonight, i no real problem getting under the 21 at the 1st split, but then end up having a mid 42 at the second..
Ill try it out...

EDIT:

went a little faster and improved my mid sector...

Thanks again...

Last edited:
First set of splits after my runs yesterday
T1: 21.736
T2: 43.351​
Makes me wish the F40 was on R3's at times...:indiff:

Ok, a bit better now, also got ok run to the line this time;

T1: 20.574
T2: 41.435

Had a re-think after reading LinPark's comments about the esses slowly getting an improvment there now. I'm finding brake, slide/roll then power works best round there.

T1 20.920
T2 42.108

Had a re-think after reading LinPark's comments about the esses slowly getting an improvment there now. I'm finding brake, slide/roll then power works best round there.

T1 20.920
T2 42.108

Same...

First Splits.

T1- 20.757
T2- 41.941

I have seen .6 T2, just need to link it together.

First clean splits:

T1: 20.696
T2: 41.659

Very frustrating combo :ouch: It is extremely difficult (for me) to get 1 clean lap out of 4. This combo is like the Bus Stop at Daytona Road, in that a fast run through turn 1--like the Bus Stop at DR--is critical for a good lap.
But, to get that fast run, you need to get very close to the wall.

I know what you mean Carl! Most of my laps end up dirty on the first wide corner cause I try and stay as wide as possible. Either that or I start drifting in the esses unintentionally.... :lol:

Great splits by the way! 👍

New splits:

Slightly slower T1 but a big improvement in T2 and T3. :)

Hehe indeed we are both running very close this week, great stuff.

I adjusted the feedback settings to sim9 (was at sim7) and it made a big difference, especially at the critical first corner.

had a pretty accurate last sector, slightly missed the turn in for the right sweeper but don't think I lost too much speed, hit the line at 192.25ish km/h

I downshifted to 2nd gear at the first corner, felt it helped prevent the car from understeering into the barrier, but on exit immediately switched to 3rd, 2nd last corner 2nd gear I use.

It is with regret I inform I definitely can't compete this week. I'll be out all weekend at one of the greatest car shows on Earth, Powercruise, and will be watching the Phillip Island 500 at nights on the weekend. Tonight would be the only chance I get (I should be watching recorded TV shows though), which isn't enough to put in an effort in earnest. Monday was a TV night with shows like Top Gear on, Tuesday I spent more time on TV, Wednesday was basketball, Friday is an SCR dedicated night.;) Good luck all.:cheers:

ah the old gear trick :) 👍 Need to try that too.. and I did also notice that it's beneficial to adjust the ff to a bit higher than usual.

I guess this is going to be settled in the 2nd to last corner. It's crusial not to lose time & still get a decent speed at the exit. Will surely be interesting to see the results. Not many hundreths between us, I believe.

And great splits. There's not much more to take in the run to T2 👍

Last edited:
Back