GTP_WRS Week 45 : Ferrari F40 @ High Speed Ring Reverse

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 123 comments
A quick 20 laps yielded this improvement and I'm sure I can get a little more, albeit with a little luck, to string it together.

Nice splits zed and congrats to Carl on being promoted to Div 1!

Timppaq and DHolland's splits are just amazing!!! On one lap I slammed the wall at turn 1 and did a 20.2xx T1 and ended up with a 41.4xx T2 (ALL DIRTY OF COURSE). You guys are beating me to T2 CLEANLY!!!!! OUCH!!!!

Are you guys saying that you play with the force feed back during these time trials to improve your times? That is very interesting and I would have never thought of that - seems there are things we can tweak during a TT to get an advantage.

I do try different settings from time to time just to be sure I'm not missing anything major ;) 👍

Also, it may give a(n?) psychological edge if you believe that you've found something to make you faster. Faith moves mountains sometimes :D

Faith moves mountains sometimes :D

OH MAN! No wonder I'm having so much trouble getting into Div 1 - its all about my faith! :lol:

I found it funny that right after I gave some advice about the esses in this thread I went online and was having trouble breaking the 42.2 T2 barrier myself. I almost came back and edited my post to say "nevermind, I have no idea what I'm talking about". I was practically fuming on each lap. I finally stepped back and calmed down a bit and actually re-read what I had posted. I realized I wasn't even following my own instructions. On top of that, I really was trying to overdrive the car and force it around the track.

The key with this one seems to be not steering too much and keeping the car as straight as possible. Keep in mind here guys that this track has some killer banking to it so you you really don't need to steer much outside of the esses. The final turn you practically don't need to turn at all - I can't remember ever hitting the outside wall on that turn no matter how badly I take it - the less you turn there the faster you get up to speed for that long straight leading to a great start to the next lap.

Keep those speedy splits coming - I think I'm going to have another go at it tonight.

I do try different settings from time to time just to be sure I'm not missing anything major ;) 👍

Also, it may give a(n?) psychological edge if you believe that you've found something to make you faster. Faith moves mountains sometimes :D

Nope, 'a' is right in that context. If a word starts with a vowel or a vowel sound, then it can't be preceded by 'a'.

Nope, 'a' is right in that context. If a word starts with a vowel or a vowel sound, then it can't be preceded by 'a'.

so it's "an edge" &
"a psychological edge" right?

sorry ot, always had trouble with these.. I used to think that it only depends of the noun in matter.

Those two are right.

Actually, thinking about it, it's based on the pronunciation of the word. So if you have a silent consonant before a vowel, then it'd be 'a', but if you have a silent vowel before a consonant then it'd be 'an'. So don't think about how the word is spelt, but how it's pronounced.

So, university, is pronounced with a 'y' rather than a 'u', so it'd be "at a university", not "at an university".

ah, right. 👍 Now that you mention it, I remember that's just the way it was teached to me :D Age does things.. I got it now :)

:cheers:

First go... been in the low .6's at T1 and mid .5's at T2, but this lap has a perfect (for me!) penultimate corner and thus a faster overall lap...

T1 20.734
T2 41.699

This is a very enjoyable combo, but it's well out of my comfort zone. My first time at HSR reverse.

Done a huge amount of laps.

T1: 0.20.712
T2: 0.41.705

Matt

Got a few 20.6xx first sectors switching to 3rd gear like you guys do, but then go down to 42.0 or 41.9... heres the best lap i could put together, so frustrating:

Board updated.

All divisions except Div4 are now within 1 second at T2 :)

VERY frustrating combo to me as I like the track and I like the car, but in this combo I just can't get it around the curves at any speeds 👎 but that's just me not WRS.

Right, first 20-lap session:

Pretty awful through the esses though! Testing combo.

Minor improvements at the line last night after another 50 or so laps. Finding it very difficult to break the 41.9 T2 limit on this one (cleanly anyway). Finding the right brake points and having the car pointing in a certain direction on each of those is extremely challenging (for us non-aliens anyway). :)

Will have another go tonight and see what happens.

Hey guys! Long time since i joined in on a WRS week, but I have more time, and will defiantly join this one :). Going to do some laps later tonight.

I've seen a fair few .6xx at T1 but not able to carry it through to the line .....YET:D

Hey guys! Long time since i joined in on a WRS week, but I have more time, and will defiantly join this one :). Going to do some laps later tonight.

Welcome back mate :cheers:

All the best
Maz

New splits, still havent chained together the perfect run, I know I have a lot left in the car.

T1- 20.716
T2- 41.912

Last edited:
Back