GTR2 Official!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 923 comments
I could check for you when I get home from school today appie.

@ all: I have the thread for my GTR2 OLR up in the Long Race Series forums. Check it out!

Dave

137 gears to get I think.

I desperately want to jump online but I'm still learning. On the upshot, none of my friends or family that have tried GTR2 came close to my times, but I keep trying to tell them it's harder than they think. The best I can do right now is a 2.11-12 HOT lap on BRNO - 360 with 56.00 brake bias. The brake adjustment really helps to stop spinouts in mid engine cars.

The average time around Brno is probably 2:00 in an NGT car. I personally have seen 1:58's with the 360 GTC, but I can't get much below 2:00. The purpose of my league is to have a fun place where anyone can come and race, regardless of ability on a consistent basis with a friendly crowd. The way that I improved was by racing online. It forces you to significantly speed up your learning curve.

Dave

I inherited a copy from a friend recently as well. Racing on 100% and usually finishing top 5 in class on 25% race length with a 36 car grid at tracks I like.

Nowhere near being ready to race the rest of you online though - I hit restart a lot when things don't go my way. For some reason, I seem to struggle with the fact that cold tires = slippery, or that I have to slow down BEFORE the white line in the pits and not begin my braking there. Funny how you can just suddenly go stupid while playing.

I'll keep an eye on your thread though Dave, might want to get in eventually, after I've become more familiar with all the tracks. Right now I'm only comfortable on Barcelona, Imola, Spa, and Monza.

If you want a little practice, I'm trying to rangle up an "official open test" in just under an hour and a half. If you can make it, the server is GTPlanet Open Test, make sure you have Birmingham (Barber Motorsports Park) installed on your machine. You can pick Birmingham up here.

Dave

Neat lap Ash, you take similar lines to me but you looked cleaner on the braking.

Another video for you guys. Lister Storm at Monaco 79, practicing for Saturday nights online race. This lap was a 1.31.161.

hello,

I've been playing GTR2, but today when i opened the game it was only the top half of the screen? i tried changing the settings on the CONFIGURE GTR2 thing, but no luck, i see the entire screen, but only in the top half of my monitor, it's skewed up? anyone have any suggestions on fixing this? thanx 👍

OK so i got GTR2 and installed it today. Just wanna know some good places where I can download additional liveries and perhaps some mods.

OK so i got GTR2 and installed it today. Just wanna know some good places where I can download additional liveries and perhaps some mods.

NoGripRacing.com for mods and liveries, def.

If you want to see what's in the works though, the RaceSimCentral Forums are great. I've just about given up on the WSGT Mod as that 2 man team still hasn't gotten to half of its projected cars in the last 7 months since its beta. They promised a short download in Feb., but that never happened as they decided to they could probably finish it before summer. But only 2 people work on it now.

The other mods though, are the LeMans 2000, Mod Prototype (40+ LMPs), Spa 2007, Formula 1 2005 and 2007 mods (finished), and a currently planned ALMS 2006 or 2007 mod. Lots of tracks still being done and you can easily convert a GTL track as well.

Hm, nice. GTR2 is a fun game, but i'm kind of shocked there isn't an online league set up here at GTP for it.

Hm, nice. GTR2 is a fun game, but i'm kind of shocked there isn't an online league set up here at GTP for it.

I've recently purchased gtr2 and am getting used to it now, I really dont understand the online stuff, for a start when I host a game no one else can see it, and and i cant join ANY games that I see in the lobby.

HELP!

(and I'd also like to help run the GTP League if we create one)

hey guys, since i got my new high end laptop i got all the games which i couldnt play on my old one :P one of them is GTR2. i'm in for an online race :D

This might be the wrong thread, but I was really hoping I might find someone who played or has GTR the original version not GTR2, especially since I failed to get any responses at a different site. I know this is a GTR2 thread, but does anyone know if the H-gate shifting mode and clutch on the Logitech G25 wheel are fully functional in GTR, the original. I know they are fully functional in GTR2 already. I did not get any responses in the steering wheel forum so please help. If anyone replies I would really appreciate it.

yo vtec, yea i got GTR and GTR2 and i can confirm that H-Pattern and clutch work for both games! dont play GTR anymore. have fun

Yes, it would be nice to have a racing sim game made by Simbin for my PS3. I heard it was in development for the 360, but I guess that project has been put on hold indefinitely.

It's a shame SINBIN wasn't able to get their games to the 360 or PS3.
Why not?

I was waiting for Simbin to release a GTL version for the PS3, with the possibility to play surround (visual).

Back