Heavy Damage Endurance Spec Racing

• Thread starter Cobani
  • 80 comments
Netherlands
Netherlands
SCAR_Cobani
" As I say goodbye to GT5, there still is one thing that I really want to do ... "

logo-HDESR_zps0390f099.png

This is a place for serious drivers.

- If you can drive clean and respectfull and understand what it means to race with heavy damage, please read on if you are interested.
- If you cut corners on purpose, crash into cars to overtake and have a tendency to ragequit, this is not for you.

E v e n t :

Friday November 29th
img.php
until the lobby opens on raceday.

Saturday November 23th
img.php
until the lobby opens for practice.

Date:
Friday November 29th
Time schedule:
10:00 pm CEST (Lobby open)
10:15 pm CEST (Qualifying)
10:30 pm CEST (Race)
Track:
Circuito de Madrid Mini
track-madrid-HDESR_zps15657d43.jpg

Car:
Lotus Elise RM '96
car-lotus-elise-rm_zps3421b932.jpg

Tyres:
Comfort Softs
Tuning:
Prohibited
Type of racing:
Endurance
Lenght of race:
Approximately 2 hours
Damage:
Heavy ( please do not take this lightly )
Practice:
In the weekend leading up to the event there will be several practice runs. It is adviced you have at least 1 practice run with the group
to get to know each others racing styles and minimise chances of wrecking someone's race or your own.
Sessions will be held on Friday and Saturday at 22:00 CEST.
Qualifying:
Prior to the race there will be a 15 minutes quali.
Start procedure:
The Pole sitter will lead us round for one pace lap at 60mph/100kph. There will be no sudden braking permitted. Once in the final sector the leader may start accelerating at his/her's own discretion. Starting lap 2, the race is on! (No overtaking before start/finish.)

L o b b y :
Lounge:
Private (Cobani)
Start: Grid
Finish delay: 180 seconds
Tyre wear: Very fast
Fuel depletion: Very fast
Grip off track: Real
Slip stream: Weak
Penalty: None
Damage: Heavy
Tuning: Prohibited
ASM: Prohibited
Skid recovery: Prohibited
Active steering: Prohibited
Traction control: Allowed
Driving line: Allowed
ABS: Allowed

Laps: 100

" An endurance race can be won on the last lap, but can only be lost on the first. "

Registered drivers:
Cobani
Ade3210
GTP_Cpt_D
GC255
Third_Reign
GTP_Eriba
Geordie139

Last edited:
Well I guess I have no choice but to sign up if such fine gentlemen are already on the participant list.

Btw the race day timer is off in either day or date.

For the flying start I would set a maximum speed until the race start. keeps people from going too fast and spreading the field too much. It also should keep from brake checking. No passing until S/F?

Edit:
I'm getting a new car for this and will leave the Sunday Cup car intact, so I want to update the paint scheme and would like to ask if anyone has a Matte Dark Silver they could donate for me. It will be accompanied by hugger orange wheels and badged with the typical #48

Last edited:
Looking forward to this. I too will be building a new car, and getting it run in and ready for this event, as my Sunday Cup Elise has clocked up 4129 miles over the course of events I have raced it in, and I think its power may wain during a 2 hour enduro. My colour scheme and #71 will be retained. 👍👍

I want to update the paint scheme and would like to ask if anyone has a Matte Dark Silver they could donate for me.

I have sent you the colour. 👍👍

Well I guess I have no choice but to sign up if such fine gentlemen are already on the participant list.
Btw the race day timer is off in either day or date.
For the flying start I would set a maximum speed until the race start. keeps people from going too fast and spreading the field too much. It also should keep from brake checking. No passing until S/F?
I'm getting a new car for this and will leave the Sunday Cup car intact, ...

Looking forward to this. I too will be building a new car, and getting it run in and ready for this event, as my Sunday Cup Elise has clocked up 4129 miles over the course of events I have raced it in, and I think its power may wain during a 2 hour enduro....

Thanks mates, I will also have a new car, as it is a tuning prohibid event. Thanks for the extra info Third, OP is updated. As for the timer, it's off, but it might be because of the extra hours that is coming up (wintertime). I'll leave it as is, coming closer to the actual event, it'll get sorted. As long as you block Fridaynight november 29th. 👍 ( Yes I got the date of the race wrong! :dunce: :lol:

Last edited:
Now I've been given the heads up I had better prepare a car. Usual colours for me, purple body, white wheels.

I will be working that day until 19.00 GMT. I'll check if this is likely to be a problem.

Bo I just can't help myself, put put put me down as a support driver, as my standard of late leaves a lot to be desired.

Cough cough splutter splutter put put.

🤬 I just looked 2hrs, can you see me lasting.

Bo I just can't help myself, put put put me down as a support driver, as my standard of late leaves a lot to be desired.

Cough cough splutter splutter put put.

🤬 I just looked 2hrs, can you see me lasting.

You can just show us the way for the first hour Phillip and then decide on whether to continue or not. :cool:
The car is like a go cart and with the barriers that close and heavy damage enforced you need to be smooth ... Mr. Smooth. :sly:

I'll try Bo, but software is not my forte, and you didn't leave me a note on the page. I'm trying to get the forum noticed on the net in the hope of a few new guys to join, then we can run club vs club, so I would appreciate anybody and everybody just making comments to help keep the post count up.

My thoughts are I think it would be a good way to keep long term interest in GT6 and room full/ish not wondering if anyone is going to turn up. I'm not trying to get members to migrate from one forum to another, just help in lifting the idea for the good of us all.

I have been advertising as many events by others as I can, eggs in one basket syndrome, with hope in getting more guys into your events, and unless someone tells me to stop I'll keep advertising their events for them, we all want full rooms if we can.

Last edited:
Come on help the codger out.

Date:
Friday November 29th
Time schedule:
10:00 pm CEST (Lobby open) is this 9pm in the UK
10:30 pm CEST (Race)-------making it 9.30 start and finish at 11.30pm
Track:
Circuito de Madrid Mini

I'll have to get my afternoon nap in on that day.

Take it life is getting in the way of practise Bo

Hmm interesting, to early to say if I can make it yet. But looks fun on comfort sorts :).

Come on help the codger out.

Date:
Friday November 29th
Time schedule:
10:00 pm CEST (Lobby open) is this 9pm in the UK
10:30 pm CEST (Race)-------making it 9.30 start and finish at 11.30pm
Track:
Circuito de Madrid Mini

I'll have to get my afternoon nap in on that day.

Take it life is getting in the way of practise Bo
It will not be a full 2 hours Phillip, so things should work out. I'll put the lapcount on later tonight ...

Thanks Bo. I've got it now CEST / GMT Halesowen would it be any different on my mobile as I'm moving time zones.:dunce:

Last edited:
With laptimes from 1.00:8xx to 1.02:5xx the racetime would be around 1h45m with a lapcount of ...

Practice will be this saturdaynight. I hope that together we can finalise the event-settings.
Fuel and tyre wear will be set to 'very fast'. (Because of the nature of the track and car, degradation is still low.)

Sounds fantastic Bo, I think I've already done a 100 laps in practise :crazy: so I'm ready to let you all chase me :scared: had a great few laps with Gary, always a pleasure to be on track with him, he seems to know just where you are at all times, :bowdown: I was planing on 5 stops to a 100 laps but on VF that could mean more :boggled:

I hope to be fit and ready for action come Saturday, bring it on. 👍

In 9 hours time the only practise session before next week's race will begin. I hope to see you there!

Yeah but I'm a disabled old codger, I need the rest bite, may park up for a few lap yet :mischievous:

Last edited:
sign up is still open, join the practice session to get a feel for the challenges the race will bring. Top class racecraft garanteed! 👍

I couldn't resist another bash this afternoon, don't know if my 59.283 laps are going to be quick enough. :mischievous:

Practice has been done.
With laptimes close to 1 minute on a small 2.5km track the 100 lap race will have challenges:​

Heavy Damage
Traffic
Strategy

and
the-curb_zps2a12aee7.jpg

Can you handle the pressure?
Can you take on the best of the best?
Are you ready for the challenge?
(And have some fun off course!)

Race-Madrid-HDESR_zps18b9bcc6.jpg

img.php

You can still sign up for the farewell event of GT5 ...​

Last edited:
Great picture Bo, I had a look at that last night I paused with the back wheels on the finish line did look good.

Great practise night, was very enjoyable for this old codger to be on track with two guys that know whats going on around them at all time.

Thanks Ade / Bo. :bowdown:

Note to Bo, you gotta get rid of that gold colour. Reminds me of "He who shall not be named" a bit too much.:lol::mischievous:

Back