Honda 2000: Hot Lap

• Thread starter jtqmopar
  • 84 comments
United States
United States
jtqmopar
'This is a time trial using Honda's only front engine/rear drive, the S2000. The S2000 can be aquired by clearing the National A Class License test. A special gift is also awarded if you achieve gold. Rear wheel drives like the S2000 require careful throttle control. Flooring the pedal can upset the orientation of your car, so make sure to press the accelerator gradually to prevent the rear wheels from sliding out.'

Honda S2000
Matterhorn Rotenboden
470PP or less
Comfort: Soft or less
Nitrous: NO
All aids available

Gold: 2:00.00 - 570,000cr
Silver: 2:03.00 - 360,000cr
Bronze: 2:20.00 - 120,000cr

Honda S2000 (US) '04
Honda S2000 (US) '01
Honda S2000 Type V (US) '01
Honda S2000 Type V (US) '00
Honda S2000 Type V (EU) '01
Honda S2000 Type V (EU) '00
Honda S2000 (EU) '03
Honda S2000 (EU) '01
Honda S2000 (EU) '99
Honda S2000 (US) '99
Honda S2000 '99
Honda S2000 '01
Honda S2000 '03
Honda S2000 '06

Tunes:

Motor City Hami - S2000 Type V '03
Ridox2JZGTE - S2000 '06

Last edited:
Garrrrr

I stupidly sold this one to see how the function worked and how much $ you would get. I knew as soon as I did it I would regret it.

Now I have to rebuy it. Are any of the above options better than the others?

Garrrrr

I stupidly sold this one to see how the function worked and how much $ you would get. I knew as soon as I did it I would regret it.

Now I have to rebuy it. Are any of the above options better than the others?

You wont have a problem winning with any of them.

I have been working on a S2000 tune. I will have at this seasonal tomorrow night or over the weekend. Feel free to try out this tune and let me know your feedback. I am still working through the tuning physics for GT6, but with this tune I feel that I am closer to understanding which settings provide actual lap time improvements and which provide simply feel improvements.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/motor-city-tunes-gt6.291066/page-4#post-9156776

Tried your tune on the controller, first lap I made a 1:56.947.
Though the little Honda gets very light on the down hill, very easy to spin out just before that left u-bend. Thanks for the tune.

I have been working on a S2000 tune. I will have at this seasonal tomorrow night or over the weekend. Feel free to try out this tune and let me know your feedback. I am still working through the tuning physics for GT6, but with this tune I feel that I am closer to understanding which settings provide actual lap time improvements and which provide simply feel improvements.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/motor-city-tunes-gt6.291066/page-4#post-9156776
tune

Though the little Honda gets very light on the down hill, very easy to spin out just before that left u-bend. Thanks for the tune.

Might need a ride height increase for Matterhorn. I will play with some fine tune settings this weekend.

Nice tune !
1:41:383@3th place =)

1:49:985 first try with Hamilton tune I love the car its only that I noticed that no matter how hard I try I keep crossing the line slower in speed than my online friends I will try and tweek the transmission a bit.

Thx for tune mate. It worked fine for me. I loved this event; no problems getting gold and it was fun all the way.

I had a blast doing this one with the free S2000 ... over and over , i kept loosing it at the same spot in spinouts , till i figured out that speed was not the issue ...it just needed some weight :)

It took me at least 5 or 6 laps to gold it. I slid off the track so many times. Anyways, best time I managed was 1.56.8 I'm sure alot of other members will be a hell of a lot faster :)

I thought I would get away with entering in a Spoon S2000, LOLNOPE. Had to use the premium prize car.

So yeah, tuner models are not eligible. ;)

Posted this in Hami's Garage:

Brilliant is all I can say:cheers:. Not familiar with the track at all and still finding my way around but I managed a 1:47.27 (ABS1 only) and left much more out there. In good hands with a more track familiarity I think you could see 44's in this car (without SRF) it's that good. The car is especially good on entry where you can use the brakes and gearbox to give yourself as much or as little oversteer as you can manage. I'm not much of a TT guy but I might take another crack at this later because it was so much fun. Well done Hami:tup:👍

That's more a function of the track than the car. You have to hit the entry just right so you don't have to overcorrect after the rise and keep a little throttle on to stabilize the back end. Get it settled down before the left hander at the bottom of the hill and you'll be all good. 👍

This is a heck of a tune!!! 1:42.805 in just 5 laps!!! WOW!!! Im using a DS3 D-Pad to steer X and square buttons for gas and brakes respectively.

You are a very good tuner!! Do you happen to have a tune for the Lancia Delta as well?

Thank you and happy new year to all of you! :)

If anyone wanted to try something different :

J's RACING HONDA S2000 '06

Tuned to replicate J's Racing S2000 Street/Track- Comfort Soft

Specs
Horsepower: 320 PS at 8500 RPM
Torque: 207.7 ft-lb at 7000 RPM
Power Limiter at : 100%
Weight: 1230 kg
Ballast : 73 kg
Ballast Position : 0
Weight Distribution : 50/50 as stock
Performance Points: 488

GT AUTO
Oil Change
Improve Body Rigidity ( Optional ) - there's no bad side effect of this, highly recommended.
Flat Floors Type A
Aero Kits Type B
Rear Wing Generic Type B
Wheels :+1 ( real ) or +2 Inch up - RAYS TE37V or closer to real : RAYS CE28N / RAYS 57Gainer in Bronze/Gold Metallic
Car Paint : New Indy Yellow Pearl

Tuning Parts Installed :
Sports Computer
Sports Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Intake Tuning
Catalytic Converter Sports
Twin Plate Clutch Kit
Carbon Drive Shaft
Suspension Fully Customizable Kit
Fully Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission
Adjustable LSD
Racing Brakes Kit
Weight Reduction Stage 1
Carbon Hood

AERO
Downforce Rear : 20

LSD - J's Racing 1.5 way - high preload, 45-25 cam angle
Initial Torque : 36
Acceleration Sensitivity: 30
Braking Sensitivity: 17

Suspension :
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 74 74
Spring Rate: 14.88 14.88
Dampers (Compression): 2 2
Dampers (Extension): 4 4
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 2
Camber Angle: 3.8 3.4
Toe Angle: 0.00 0.16

Transmission :
Set Max Speed to 300 km/h
Set each gear :
1st 3.200
2nd 2.100
3rd 1.575
4th 1.225
5th 1.000
6th 0.850
Set Final Gear : 4.400

Brake Balance :
9/3 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 3/1, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 7/5 brake balance as starting point.

Notes

J's Racing S2000, one of my favorite build, the car has immense grip even on comfort soft, I got David vs Goliath Trophy driving the car to win in Tuned Car Festival IB event. The car is tuned in the way that the driver needs to be in total control of the car at all times, smooth steering, braking and throttle are a must. Avoid curb and grass, these will unsettled the car greatly. The real car has a lot more stiffer spring rate at 20kg/mm all around, but the GT6 version is still a bad boy at close to 15kg/mm :D
Raced and tested at Apricot Hill, Bathurst, Cape Ring Full, Brands Hatch GP, and Tsukuba. Enjoy the Honda GRIP MACHINE :cheers:

UPDATE :

Use the power limiter to reduce power to 280PS ( the J's F22C tuned engine ranged from 280 to 320PS - depend on tuning stage )

Tune updated to get closer to real life spec, it might be more extreme to drive now :)

It has 488PP, lower the power with power limiter to reach 470PP, if the gearing is too long, increase final gear ratio :D The car is stiff and needs extra care to drive, it may not be top ten contender, but hope the drive is enjoyable :cheers: Also if wanted more power, remove the rear wing instead, the flat floor should be enough :)

te?
Do you happen to have a tune for the Lancia Delta as well?

Thank you. Glad the you like the tune. I have not driven the Lancia Delta in GT6 yet. I hated it so much in GT5 that I didn't even want to look at it in GT6. Maybe I should give it a go?

Thank you. Glad the you like the tune. I have not driven the Lancia Delta in GT6 yet. I hated it so much in GT5 that I didn't even want to look at it in GT6. Maybe I should give it a go?
Yes the car handles waaaaaaaay better now. But ive made myself a crappy tune of it and im really not satisfied with the behavior of the car. Maybe you could do something for everyone in the community on that event too. :)

Thanks so much for the tune. I was able to get down to 1:52 and I know there are a few more seconds I can pick up.

Doh! I hate this track... Loosing the car in The long downhill...it get me frustrated a lot...
Trying both tunes but apparently am too slow in getting used to it...ahahahahahaha

Not liking the S2000 round this track, struggling on a few corners, got a 01:42.237 which I'm happy enough with and done with the car :)

Thank you MCH, managed a 1:48:098 but i still need moar practice on The track... Set speed at 210 km/h but maybe in The week end ill check some other car (using The s2000 v3 atm...)

Any tips on gaining time on the second half of the track? As soon as I hit the 90° right hand turn at the bottom of the downhill section i lose time from there on out. Just can't seem to speed up through there.

I was happy with 6th in the world... I was probably the 7th driver to post a clean lap at the time.
Bone stock, No aids - Original PP.
Very enjoyable car track combo... Not sure I want to paint the car (Unused Prize car) with my prize paint chip though.

Big thunk of Kaz Credits (Very nice!) and a tub of "Not as good as Reflex Spice" polarised paint.

If anyone wanted to try something different :

It has 488PP, lower the power with power limiter to reach 470PP, if the gearing is too long, increase final gear ratio :D The car is stiff and needs extra care to drive, it may not be top ten contender, but hope the drive is enjoyable :cheers: Also if wanted more power, remove the rear wing instead, the flat floor should be enough :)

Looks like removing the wing do not reduce PP :) I would suggest to remove the exhaust manifold and intake tuning, then reduce power with limiter at 98.6% - gives 283HP at 470PP, and then alter 4th gear ratio to 1.500 + increase final gear to 5.000 : also do not forget to use stock wheels as the custom wheels reduce rear grip slightly due to the wheel bug :D

Any tips on gaining time on the second half of the track? As soon as I hit the 90° right hand turn at the bottom of the downhill section i lose time from there on out. Just can't seem to speed up through there.

How about installing the Triple plate clutch! Also try changing the gear ratios.

Otherwise add a little exhaust to add power.

The first set of 3 turns at the start of the lap are surely very challenging & make it easy to lose time.

Latest Posts

Back