Motor City Tunes GT6

Tune built for the S2000 Seasonal at Matterhorn 01/01/2014

Matterhorn turned out to be quite a challenge. The track calls for radically different tunes than typical, flatter racing circuits. Because of the over the hill braking zones and the long downhill sections, I had to make this tune much more stable in order to drive it more aggressively. I am currently ranked top among my friends and 383 world wide with this new tune. It is much easier to push hard than the one I posted last night.

If you want a slightly different behavior from this car, play with LSD settings.
LSD Initial Torque - Raise for more stability on corner exit. Lower for turn in and an aggressive exit.
LSD Decel - Raise for more downhill and braking zone stability. Lower for more rotation on corner entry.
LSD Accel - In my opinion, 13 is optimal for this car. I kept playing between 12 and 13. At 12 I could get a bit of inside wheel spin. At 13 I could get a more rare, slight outside wheel spin. I do not recommend going higher than 14 on this setting. So there is my recommended range, 12 to 14.

I love feedback, good or bad. I also like helping people to make tunes fit for their driving. This one currently fits mine.

Changes from previous tune:
Raised Ride Height helped a ton.
LSD settings also added greatly to the improved results.
Transmission optimized to the massive climbing and drops at Matterhorn.
Brake balance was also really important.
Took the sag out of front damping and allowed the nose to rebound more quickly; more of a fine tune.
Added a little stability to the rear with increased positive rear toe; also more of a fine tune.
Also added a little stability to the rear with decreased rear ARB; also more of a fine tune.

Honda S2000 Type V '03
470PP, 300hp, 1100kg
Paint: Lime Green Metallic

11444921076_5bb4b049ca_z.jpg

Tuned with G27 with Nixim Brake Pedal Mod and ABS 1

Pit Service
Oil Change

Installed Parts
Comfort Soft Tires
Fully Customizable Suspension
Racing Brakes
Fully Customizable Transmission
Fully Customizable LSD
Triple-Plate Clutch Kit
Carbon Drive Shaft
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Intake Tuning
Weight Reduction Stage 2
Carbon Hood

Tune
Ride Height 115/115
Springs 10.0/8.5
Dampers Compression 5/3
Dampers Extension 6/4
Anti-Roll Bars 4/3
Camber 0.0/0.0
Toe -0.05/0.10
Brake balance 5/3
LSD 11/13/22
Ballast 1
Ballast Position 0
Weight Distribution 50/50
Power Level 98.0%

Transmission
Final Gear to 5.500
Top Speed to 112
1st gear 3.700
2nd gear 2.590
3rd gear 1.985
4th gear 1.625
5th gear 1.385
6th gear 1.215
Final gear 4.600

Matterhorn turned out to be quite a challenge. The track calls for radically different tunes than typical, flatter racing circuits. Because of the over the hill braking zones and the long downhill sections, I had to make this tune much more stable in order to drive it more aggressively. I am currently ranked top among my friends and 383 world wide with this new tune. It is much easier to push hard than the one I posted last night.

If you want a slightly different behavior from this car, play with LSD settings.
LSD Initial Torque - Raise for more stability on corner exit. Lower for turn in and an aggressive exit.
LSD Decel - Raise for more downhill and braking zone stability. Lower for more rotation on corner entry.
LSD Accel - In my opinion, 13 is optimal for this car. I kept playing between 12 and 13. At 12 I could get a bit of inside wheel spin. At 13 I could get a more rare, slight outside wheel spin. I do not recommend going higher than 14 on this setting. So there is my recommended range, 12 to 14.

I love feedback, good or bad. I also like helping people to make tunes fit for their driving. This one currently fits mine.

Took the sag out of front damping and allowed the nose to rebound more quickly; more of a fine tune.
Added a little stability to the rear with increased positive rear toe; also more of a fine tune.
Also added a little stability to the rear with decreased rear ARB; also more of a fine tune.

Honda S2000 Type V '03
470PP, 300hp, 1100kg

Pit Service
Oil Change

Installed Parts
Comfort Soft Tires
Racing Brakes
Fully Customizable LSD
Triple-Plate Clutch Kit
Carbon Drive Shaft
Racing Exhaust
Intake Tuning
Weight Reduction Stage 2
Carbon Hood

Tune
Ride Height 115/115
Springs 10.0/8.5
Dampers Compression 5/3
Dampers Extension 6/4
Anti-Roll Bars 4/3
Camber 0.0/0.0
Toe -0.05/0.10
Brake balance 5/3
LSD 11/13/22
Ballast 1
Ballast Position 0
Power Level 98.0%

Transmission
Final Gear to 5.500
Top Speed to 112
1st gear 3.700
2nd gear 2.590
3rd gear 1.985
4th gear 1.625
5th gear 1.385
6th gear 1.215
Final gear 4.600
I came here to tell you I made a couple of small adjustments and got down to 1:46.6 (ABS1 only) and it seems like you have already made similar adjustments:lol:. Either way this was a great ride and I might even take another shot at it, because there's still a good chunk of time left out there for me. Well done again:tup:👍

I got just under 1000 world wide ranking with your tune you posted yesterday. I'll try this one in an hour or so.

@Johnnypenso: please don't run again! I'm having a hard enough time catching your current line.

I got just under 1000 world wide ranking with your tune you posted yesterday. I'll try this one in an hour or so.

@Johnnypenso: please don't run again! I'm having a hard enough time catching your current line.

JohnnyP already knocked me down one slot. With Ronald's skills you will be in the top 400 very quickly.

Had a go in your car with the previous set up, got me Gold and a 45 first lap but was having trouble over the crest of the hills with stability....I'd say my driving style was too blame, just did not suit that build, although I have not had a go in the latest set up.
Enjoyed a Miata you did some time back very stable and easy to drive round tsukuba unlike this awful Lancia.
I'm always top of my friends list....only me there :)

Thank you MCH. (Am I starting to see a theme with the Lime Green Metallic bro?) :)👍

Lime Green Metallic was my favorite color in GT5. They changed it a little in GT6. It got more limey. I actually like Spirited Green Metallic better. I got it on my second PSN account but cannot remember what car I purchased to get it.

I used this tune on the '06 model and it worked great, gained 1.2 seconds with the new settings, much better turn in and stability, well done.👍

With the new S2000 tune I got a time of 1:48.315. Not bad, I thought, but I was still getting killed by the besttimes. So I lilooked at my settings and realized that SRF was allowable. After laughing I turned it on and had a go. 1:43.696, good enough for 44th place.
What's the point when SRF is allowable?
At least I can still challenge my friends, but I have to assume they're running the same settings I am.
Just for the record: I will never willingly use SRF again.c

With the new S2000 tune I got a time of 1:48.315. Not bad, I thought, but I was still getting killed by the besttimes. So I lilooked at my settings and realized that SRF was allowable. After laughing I turned it on and had a go. 1:43.696, good enough for 44th place.
What's the point when SRF is allowable?
At least I can still challenge my friends, but I have to assume they're running the same settings I am.
Just for the record: I will never willingly use SRF again.c

I tried with and without SRF to test out the tune. Interestingly it did not alter the balance of the tune one bit. I think SRF is just a grip multiplier so you gain equal front and rear. The sad fact of seasonal time trial is that aids are allowed. The top ten almost always use SRF. I look at it as running on Comfort Soft Plus tires.

Nice time anyway. 1:43.6 is really fast.

Honda S2000 Type V '03
470PP, 300hp, 1100kg

I could do a big list of adjectives saying all the good things about this tune... I´ve been in these forums for a while, so im gonna let a smiley face and a simple phrase say how I felt driving this car in the seasonal:

:eek:!!!! Maybe the best tuned car I have driven...

Many thanks MCHami and keep up the excelent work!

Cheers! Chat soon. :)

PS: No need to say I beated all my friends time...

Last edited:
Did a 1.44.8xx with a stock setup after 2 laps... tomorrow will try your tune Hami and i'm sure i will have big improvements.

Hello Mr hamilton,
I just wanted to tell you that your adjustment for seasonal S2000 is simply fantastic 👍
you are a magician and also very careful, I just lower the final speed 4150, because I'm out in the downhill 6
nice job, congratulations and thank you for sharing :)

Honda S2000 Type V '03
470PP, 300hp, 1100kg

Pit Service
Oil Change

Installed Parts
Comfort Soft Tires
Racing Brakes
Fully Customizable LSD
Triple-Plate Clutch Kit
Carbon Drive Shaft
Racing Exhaust
Intake Tuning
Weight Reduction Stage 2
Carbon Hood

Tune
Ride Height 115/115
Springs 10.0/8.5
Dampers Compression 5/3
Dampers Extension 6/4
Anti-Roll Bars 4/3
Camber 0.0/0.0
Toe -0.05/0.10
Brake balance 5/3
LSD 11/13/22
Ballast 1
Ballast Position 0
Power Level 98.0%

Transmission
Final Gear to 5.500
Top Speed to 112
1st gear 3.700
2nd gear 2.590
3rd gear 1.985
4th gear 1.625
5th gear 1.385
6th gear 1.215
Final gear 4.600

Awesome tune bro. I dropped from mid1:48 to low 1:46.

. The car needs more stability for Matterhorn. ....... Matterhorn is calling for Matterhorn specific tunes. .....

So I wasn't crazy when I asked all those questions about having problems with the NSX on Matterhorn. :)

Matterhorn is definitely a unique course.

BTW, great tune for the S2000!

Honda S2000 Type V '03
470PP, 300hp, 1100kg

Pit Service
Oil Change

Installed Parts
Comfort Soft Tires
Racing Brakes
Fully Customizable LSD
Triple-Plate Clutch Kit
Carbon Drive Shaft
Racing Exhaust
Intake Tuning
Weight Reduction Stage 2
Carbon Hood

Tune
Ride Height 115/115
Springs 10.0/8.5
Dampers Compression 5/3
Dampers Extension 6/4
Anti-Roll Bars 4/3
Camber 0.0/0.0
Toe -0.05/0.10
Brake balance 5/3
LSD 11/13/22
Ballast 1
Ballast Position 0
Power Level 98.0%

Transmission
Final Gear to 5.500
Top Speed to 112
1st gear 3.700
2nd gear 2.590
3rd gear 1.985
4th gear 1.625
5th gear 1.385
6th gear 1.215
Final gear 4.600

Good tune Hami, only a bit oversteering in lower gears. Did a 1.43.2xx with your tune, i changed to a more stable tune and did 1.42.8xx with no problems.

Hey Hami,

Great tune, I've just had a go at the seasonal with it and used most of it. The only things I changed were the transmission and I added a rear spoiler. I found that I was hitting the limiter on the downhill section for about 2 seconds, so upped the speed to 13x something or maybe the one above, of course that completely alters it again but I was just off the limiter then. I noticed someone mention the rear spoiler so tried it and it seemed to do me well I think? I got a 1:41.8 but there's a possibility with the tune of going as low as 40.8xx. Personally not a tuner but it seemed really stable from my view. If I was to say how it could maybe get a little faster I think it needs a little more rotation in the car mid corner to accelerate quicker out, personally I'm not sure how to do this but that would improve it further, I was also lacking a little speed on start/finish by about 1.2 mph to the leader if that helps with anything if you wanted to improve it further!

Cheers for the share though and much appreciated, I'm uploading my own lap currently and will put a special mention in the video description for you of course :)! 👍

I noticed in the GT Academy version that right at the very last bit of braking the car would immediately add a bunch more rotation.

Simply brilliant MCH, thanks. I have been aware of the slow brake lift off technique used by the fast guys, but never took the next step to apply it to my own technique. Thank you for reminding me that I have so much to learn! :banghead:

I tried with and without SRF to test out the tune. Interestingly it did not alter the balance of the tune one bit. I think SRF is just a grip multiplier so you gain equal front and rear. The sad fact of seasonal time trial is that aids are allowed. The top ten almost always use SRF. I look at it as running on Comfort Soft Plus tires.

Nice time anyway. 1:43.6 is really fast.

SRF... never even thought about that...doh! I was at a plateau at 1:48.1xx, but then I saw this post and turned SRF on. Within 3 laps I was down to 1:46.2xx, and after 30 minutes I'm at 1:44.848 which is good for 217th place... not quite as good as some others here, but probably the best I've ever done in a TT. I could probably shave off another few tenths but not sure if I want to make the effort :)

Anyway, I noticed the following with SRF on... there was definitely some added understeer which I had to adjust to, but once I did I was able to be much more aggressive on corner entry due to the SRF.

All that being said, I'm not a big fan of SRF, and I know there has been lengthy debate on this subject in the forums. For fun, I spot checked about 20 or 30 on the leaderboard, including all of the top 10, and a bunch between 1-1000. Every one had SRF on. I guess my opinion on that subject is that I'll never use it on purpose when I'm trying to test myself or race with others - but if they allow it on the seasonals, I guess you use the tools they give you.

Anyway, thanks again Hami for the awesome tune!

Hey Hami,

Great tune, I've just had a go at the seasonal with it and used most of it. The only things I changed were the transmission and I added a rear spoiler. I found that I was hitting the limiter on the downhill section for about 2 seconds, so upped the speed to 13x something or maybe the one above, of course that completely alters it again but I was just off the limiter then. I noticed someone mention the rear spoiler so tried it and it seemed to do me well I think? I got a 1:41.8 but there's a possibility with the tune of going as low as 40.8xx. Personally not a tuner but it seemed really stable from my view. If I was to say how it could maybe get a little faster I think it needs a little more rotation in the car mid corner to accelerate quicker out, personally I'm not sure how to do this but that would improve it further, I was also lacking a little speed on start/finish by about 1.2 mph to the leader if that helps with anything if you wanted to improve it further!

Cheers for the share though and much appreciated, I'm uploading my own lap currently and will put a special mention in the video description for you of course :)! 👍

I also found that I needed more speed on the big straight, but I did this by lowering final gear to 4.400. I didn't try the rear spoiler. When you do that I assume it adds PP? Did you compensate by using the power limiter or some other means?

I also found that I needed more speed on the big straight, but I did this by lowering final gear to 4.400. I didn't try the rear spoiler. When you do that I assume it adds PP? Did you compensate by using the power limiter or some other means?

It doesn't add any PP when adding a spoiler or downforce :)! Although not sure whether other aero additions add PP. Cheers for the tip with that ratio, I may try that!

Honda S2000 Type V '03
470PP, 300hp, 1100kg

Pit Service
Oil Change

Installed Parts
Comfort Soft Tires
Racing Brakes
Fully Customizable LSD
Triple-Plate Clutch Kit
Carbon Drive Shaft
Racing Exhaust
Intake Tuning
Weight Reduction Stage 2
Carbon Hood

Tune
Ride Height 115/115
Springs 10.0/8.5
Dampers Compression 5/3
Dampers Extension 6/4
Anti-Roll Bars 4/3
Camber 0.0/0.0
Toe -0.05/0.10
Brake balance 5/3
LSD 11/13/22
Ballast 1
Ballast Position 0
Power Level 98.0%

Transmission
Final Gear to 5.500
Top Speed to 112
1st gear 3.700
2nd gear 2.590
3rd gear 1.985
4th gear 1.625
5th gear 1.385
6th gear 1.215
Final gear 4.600
This knocked about 11 seconds off my lap time, first try! THANK YOU!!!

SRF... never even thought about that...doh! I was at a plateau at 1:48.1xx, but then I saw this post and turned SRF on. Within 3 laps I was down to 1:46.2xx, and after 30 minutes I'm at 1:44.848 which is good for 217th place... not quite as good as some others here, but probably the best I've ever done in a TT. I could probably shave off another few tenths but not sure if I want to make the effort :)

Anyway, I noticed the following with SRF on... there was definitely some added understeer which I had to adjust to, but once I did I was able to be much more aggressive on corner entry due to the SRF.

All that being said, I'm not a big fan of SRF, and I know there has been lengthy debate on this subject in the forums. For fun, I spot checked about 20 or 30 on the leaderboard, including all of the top 10, and a bunch between 1-1000. Every one had SRF on. I guess my opinion on that subject is that I'll never use it on purpose when I'm trying to test myself or race with others - but if they allow it on the seasonals, I guess you use the tools they give you.

Anyway, thanks again Hami for the awesome tune!

Not everyone in the top 1000 is on SRF..unless I dropped out of it by now :lol:

Thanks much for this!!! 👍 👍

I like to do the TTs with manual clutch when real car has one.
Gear ratios are purrfect, nice little work out for my TH8RS... :)
...pokey 1:54:206 with no aids/0 ABS/clutch...
...also need to learn the track better.

Anyways, great tune!!!!

:gtpflag:

Hello Mr hamilton,
I just wanted to tell you that your adjustment for seasonal S2000 is simply fantastic 👍
you are a magician and also very careful, I just lower the final speed 4150, because I'm out in the downhill 6
nice job, congratulations and thank you for sharing :)
+1 :cheers:

Back