Hot Wheels and Matchbox Customizing Thread

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 9,226 comments
What kind of ring is that on the car?
It doesn't look like a normal keyring type thing, but I can't seem to find that anywhere.
Help please :D
They're called book rings. You should be able yo find them somewhere among the office supplies section at Walmart. ;)

Your welcome Cano, and thank you. :)

While I'm here, would you happen to know what my best bet would be to make a bicycle?

Yes:
Popcycle_CrazyCars_A.JPG

It's called Popcycle (:

EDIT:

Here is one off the car:
1964899_10203676231373142_1658946453_n.jpg

ebay? (:

If you want to enforce teh craft and make one, check this out:
9993268735_06338758fd_o.jpg
That very car is what got me thinking of bicycles. I don't even know 100% if I'll even try a bicycle yet, but might as well get advice in case I do.

That is simply amazing. And truth be told, had it not been for this thread, I would not be a Hot Wheels customizer.

I don't like it :lol: and have said so to the builder, he's a friend of mine. The thing is cool but I HATE the rusted/wheatered look.

And glad to have helped you (:

I don't like it :lol: and have said so to the builder, he's a friend of mine. The thing is cool but I HATE the rusted/wheatered look.

And glad to have helped you (:
The wheels look like they came off a Meyers Manx. My only problem with the hobby is that I can't bring the collector side of me to buying a higher end car for its wheels and not reusing the casting. The real credit for this thread goes to @R1600Turbo, since he's the thread starter. :)

I posted a Matchbox Dodge Challenger in the Collectors thread and said that I was going to detail it. Its coming along nicely, although behind schedule. :indiff: One step is all that's left.

The wheels look like they came off a Meyers Manx. My only problem with the hobby is that I can't bring the collector side of me to buying a higher end car for its wheels and not reusing the casting. The real credit for this thread goes to @R1600Turbo, since he's the thread starter. :)

I posted a Matchbox Dodge Challenger in the Collectors thread and said that I was going to detail it. Its coming along nicely, although behind schedule. :indiff: One step is all that's left.

Reuse them! Hell, I can't bring myself to not reusing nice basic castings I take the wheels off of. Refer to the blue Meyers Manx that's posted in Custom Diecast México.

Also, finish the Chally already and show it off, dammit!

And also, a sneak of what I'm working on right now:
Brumos-Porsche.jpg

I can't wait to see the Challenger. It would compliment my Shelby very nicely. :D

The Challenger isn't done, but I'm photographing it now since the last step involves the base, which isn't part of the detail.

Night+Burner.jpg

Night+Burner.jpg

Honestly, the Race Team livery looks kinda cool on it. It just needed a little detailing:

%255BDE%255D+Night+Burner_1.jpg

Then there's this guy which I detailed right away:

%255BDE%255D+Fast+4WD+%2528orange%2529_1.jpg

Those 4 lamps are now silver and the headlights are painted black.

Nothing super, but better than nothing.

Night+Burner.jpg

Night+Burner.jpg

Honestly, the Race Team livery looks kinda cool on it. It just needed a little detailing:

%255BDE%255D+Night+Burner_1.jpg

Did they make a Deora III? Haven't actually looked at any Hot Wheels for a couple years now.

Sorry for the off-topic. :)

At this time, I'm going to share my derailed Dodge Challenger SRT8, made by Matchbox. This would be my second casting of this car.

I previously picked up a Challenger for in my collection, but as soon as I uncarded it, I knew that it needed to be detailed. Since collecting comes first for me, the detail had to wait. This is the car all stock, which looked good already.

2z8chls.jpg

Some of you might be a little skeptical about how I dealt with the dashboard. I like it, personally. It was painted in Testors Gloss Black.

2mhfxvc.jpg

The exhaust tips needed to be detailed, so I did that with Model Masters Chrome. The same treatment was done to the mirrors, which I didn't photograph.

w02glf.jpg

This is the finished product. I painted the axle ends with Testors Gloss Black to help them blend in with the wheels, which were kept stock.

vhalp5.jpg

I'm rather pleased with this job, and even though it agonized me to not be able to respray some other cars while waiting for paint on this one to dry with the great weather I had on tap, its better than Matchbox did with the car, even though they did half the work with the lights. :)

Back