How long before GT6 is ruined by modders?

Are you bothered by modders?

• Total voters
Scotland
Port Glasgow
James2281
This is my first thread so if talking about modding is a no go then sorry.

How long do you think before we see a car with 20,000HP or a Fiat 500 with no wheels? I personally don't mind modders, I think they make the game more fun and by fun I mean realistic engine swaps etc not this 1,000,000HP nonsense. So how long do you think it will take and are you bothered by mods or modders?

I'm all for realistic modding.

Honestly though, the people who did those stupid unrealistic mods are the same people who would take an X1 to a lobby and bash everybody out of the way.

There's always gonna be idiots, modding or not.

For the smart people, this won't be a problem.

Room restrictions and a nice little "kick" button are all you need.

Personally I give it 3 weeks. Whenever it is I gladly welcome it...well...realistic swaps anyway.

I'm all for realistic modding.

Honestly though, the people who did those stupid unrealistic mods are the same people who would take an X1 to a lobby and bash everybody out of the way.

There's always gonna be idiots, modding or not.

For the smart people, this won't be a problem.

Room restrictions and a nice little "kick" button are all you need.
That's true it's a cool car but when a child gets a hold of it it's hell in an online lobby.

Depends on how the game goes. If money is hard to get then money mods will probably be within the first month. Car mods probably by next year since there weren't a lot of the customization improvements that we wanted that we could do with modding in GT5.

I just wish PD would include realistic modifications so some people wouldn't be inclined to go that far. But like Streeto said, "There's always gonna be idiots, modding or not." Until it's equal for everyone my vote is against modders.

That's true it's a cool car but when a child gets a hold of it it's hell in an online lobby.
As a Realistic Hybrid Builder in GT5 I can safely say that you folks can expect some realistic swaps within 3 weeks of the game's launch. Someone on NGU will crack the code and hybrids will return. However I feel that PD will take it MUCH more seriously with the silly/stupid/unrealistic hacks. I do hope that they draw inspiration from realistic swaps though. 👍

As a Realistic Hybrid Builder in GT5 I can safely say that you folks can expect some realistic swaps within 3 weeks of the game's launch. However I feel that PD will take it MUCH more seriously with the silly/stupid/unrealistic hacks. However I do hope that they draw inspiration from realistic swaps. 👍

Judging by the fact that the only thing they seemed to pick up from GT5 modding was wingless cars, I doubt they'll add more like swaps. It would be nice though...

Judging by the fact that the only thing they seemed to pick up from GT5 modding was wingless cars, I doubt they'll add more like swaps. It would be nice though...
I was disappointed that they only thing they did pick up was removable wings. But I shall be modding, realistically that is.

I gladly welcome the ability to at least swap engines from the same manufacturers akin to Forza. I would definitely enjoy dropping an RB26DETT from an R34 into a 240SX.

As a Realistic Hybrid Builder in GT5 I can safely say that you folks can expect some realistic swaps within 3 weeks of the game's launch. Someone on NGU will crack the code and hybrids will return. However I feel that PD will take it MUCH more seriously with the silly/stupid/unrealistic hacks. I do hope that they draw inspiration from realistic swaps though. 👍
It is possible they may already have something set up where you can't do any swaps at all. ;)

I hope hybriding doesn't come for at least 2 or 3 years.

One thing I do not understand is the hate for realistic engine swaps in GT5. They've obviously never played Forza since you can do realistic engine swaps in that game. Does it break the game and make it literally impossible to win? NO!

I don't care whatsoever. You can easily set the PP of a particular room to whatever you desire and eliminate the high powered PP modded cars.

but I'd say about 2 months

One thing I do not understand is the hate for realistic engine swaps in GT5. They've obviously never played Forza since you can do realistic engine swaps in that game. Does it break the game and make it literally impossible to win? NO!
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

If you're asking form a players perspective then it's because not everyone can do it.

Despite negative Performance Points being an almost rarity, there are still grip multipliers and chassis swaps that bypass the system.

Actually, I seem to remember the grip multiplier effecting the PP, as well as different chassis.

I don't care whatsoever. You can easily set the PP of a particular room to whatever you desire and eliminate the high powered PP modded cars.

I'd be more concerned if it's possible to mod slightly higher grip level online personally: OTOH I don't know much about modding in GT5 so I have no idea if modding is offline only or not.

I have already seen a video of someone in a viper at speeds close to 400km/h, with hp at 1300..

However, if one would like to make a set of RM's last 5 stints at Le Mans for the R18 and accurate aero if by chance it is horrible, then I'm all for it..

If this game is a simulator, then there should be a freeware community where people can upload their own things of whatever it is for others to download on a market..

Back