I need a setup for Ferrari 458 Italia

• Thread starter xchristox
  • 158 comments
Well with his tune up an etc it is a unholy beast, don't have any iteration of the F430 since i always hated the way that car looked tho even the normal f430 was a great drive handling wise.

Will pick one up at some point but went with the Italia since i like the way it looks, heck the front end reminds me of a shark, vs the f430 that always looked like some bizarre bug to me.

Added to that the italia has more hp and more torque. And according to top gear's Jeremy Clarkson the Italia is the best car ferrari has made in a long time, tho he also said it lacks soul.

Soul is something i may need:sly: Im gona buy this car

Try my setup:

Aero: 10/40
Transmission: set to top out at 242
LSD: 7/30/5
Suspension:
Height: -10/-13
Springs: 6/5
Dampers (Ext): 6/5
Dampers (Com): 6/5
Anti-Roll: 4/4
Camber: 2.4/2.0
Toe: -.09/-.03
Brakes: 5/6

TCS 1 (only at the beginning of the race for launch control)

is this tune with everything installed?

yep throw everything and the kitchen sink on, makes sure to get aero wings and etc, tho you might want to try it wo them cause that car is way too easy to drive with them on lol.

cheers putting it together now

PS: Can you get a lime green colour in the game?

cheers putting it together now

PS: Can you get a lime green colour in the game?

Ewww a lime green ferrari that is a crime against nature. Dunno though, probably is a sick green color for cars somewhere but all my cars tend to be red or black, with the occasional silver or white.

Try my setup:

Suspension:

I'm very eager to try this setup. I have a 458 with every upgrade under the sun including aero and soft racing tires. It handles very well now at 724 bhp and right at 1230 or so kg. I've been torching anything I put it against including race specific cars. I really don't know anything about tuning it though lol so this is a help.

Ok thanks any suggestions on how many body weight reductions i could try like maybe 1? or would 2 be ok for a slightly modded italia, was thinking hp wise just intake, air filter, cranks, flywheels, and stuff to increase "gear" shift and acceleration, honestly the italia has like a gen 2 clutch and gearbox already kinds silly you can buy an add-on for gear shift and etc lol. Figured any actual engine modding i would not do at all since you would not see that done on in italia anyway short of some high priced custom mod house job.

Intake, air filters and drivetrain upgrades would help. Without full control of the FC Transmission, it's somewhat pointless but whenever you hit long straights you'd really want to have upped the top speed on this car.

So is the 458 better than the Scuderia tuned? Dont know which to buy

No experience with the 430 Scuderia, I'll check back when I get around to tuning mine.

Well with his tune up an etc it is a unholy beast.

:D Glad to hear that!

I'm very eager to try this setup. I have a 458 with every upgrade under the sun including aero and soft racing tires. It handles very well now at 724 bhp and right at 1230 or so kg. I've been torching anything I put it against including race specific cars. I really don't know anything about tuning it though lol so this is a help.

Try it out, everyone seems to have positive reviews for it so far. It may need some tweaking on your end for your driving style.

Ive got a lvl 12 free car ticket, what car shall i get?
An R8 or something else,something with potential:P

Unfortunately you can't choose what car you get for these "free" car tickets.

Try my setup:

Suspension:

I LOVE YOU!!! :sly::sly::sly:

it's fully tuned.... but it became worse! The stock is way better I don't understand where it went wrong

This is for you mate, and everyone else that is reading this thread. When you "tune" you vehicles, are you tuning them, or throwing on all the high end parts and hoping that the baseline settings are good enough? When you upgrade your vehicle to the fully tunable parts, you need to tune them. That is what you are paying for. I guarantee if you tuned them especially the suspension, you would have a whole different car!

Here's a good tool I developed to use:

start off with a good baseline for every car.
camber F: in range of -1.0 ---- -1.5 this is relative to the over all weight and its distribution. more weight more camber
camber R: in range of -.5 ---- -1.0 same as front with this
toe F: -.05
toe R: 0.20 for high speed cars, and -.05 for slower cars
Spring weight F: depending on engine orientation FF and FR will stiffen front spring more than rear.
Spring weight R: This is inversely associated with front spring weight, a good weight to start out on spring weight is where the comp sets it.
ARB:4-6
Damper: 5-7 more up front for under stear and more in the rear for over steer
Brake bias F: 5-6 more in front for under steer,
Brake bias R: 5-6 more in rear for over steer

Of course, after you try this will need to tweak according to how the vehicle is now handling.

Implement this and see an improvement!

I got an fully tuned italia, only thing i added was soft racing slicks and honestly with this tune, that car holds the road like a formula one car. You have to get overly arrogant or just lose total focus to lose the car in anyway. Most races you can just blow past all the ai and cruise along if you want and win by a wide margin. Only ai cars that can even hope to touch it are like the mclaren f1 and other super high speed cars on the high speed oval tracks, and even then the italia will destroy them all in acceleration.

So got my "stock" car bought added intake and drive train upgrade and put on med streets and took it to the ring and whoo boy fun car. Will take a bit of getting to know it but it is not overly jumpy but it will bite you and bite hard if your not very precise in braking and throttle, hard late braking will catch you out and get a tire off most times is disasterous. Still put in a just under 8 min lap with 2 or 3 offs. Also ran it totally stock on hard streets and had more offs but the car felt pretty much the same. Now time to decide if i want to do a stage one weight or just do the windshield swap out.

Dunno if Jeremy wants to say the italia has no soul take it to the ring in street tires and turn off drivers aids and say that :P.

I got an fully tuned italia, only thing i added was soft racing slicks and honestly with this tune, that car holds the road like a formula one car. You have to get overly arrogant or just lose total focus to lose the car in anyway. Most races you can just blow past all the ai and cruise along if you want and win by a wide margin. Only ai cars that can even hope to touch it are like the mclaren f1 and other super high speed cars on the high speed oval tracks, and even then the italia will destroy them all in acceleration.

So got my "stock" car bought added intake and drive train upgrade and put on med streets and took it to the ring and whoo boy fun car. Will take a bit of getting to know it but it is not overly jumpy but it will bite you and bite hard if your not very precise in braking and throttle, hard late braking will catch you out and get a tire off most times is disasterous. Still put in a just under 8 min lap with 2 or 3 offs. Also ran it totally stock on hard streets and had more offs but the car felt pretty much the same. Now time to decide if i want to do a stage one weight or just do the windshield swap out.

Dunno if Jeremy wants to say the italia has no soul take it to the ring in street tires and turn off drivers aids and say that :P.

Mine doesnt stick to the road fully, its fine but when accelerating out, it slides out a bit and if i dont let go off throttle and try and calm it itl go mental, this is the reason i cant do the all star race with it, i used the tune on this thread

Well you got 725 ish HP, did you install the wings at the gt auto? front and back? Add some soft tires? Beyond that i dunno maybe you are mashing the throttle too hard, i mean any monster rwd car will want to step out if your flooring the accelerator out a tight bend, even a formula 1 car needs throttle control out of turns. Certainly the car is totally controllable for my driving style.

Well you got 725 ish HP, did you install the wings at the gt auto? front and back? Add some soft tires? Beyond that i dunno maybe you are mashing the throttle too hard, i mean any monster rwd car will want to step out if your flooring the accelerator out a tight bend, even a formula 1 car needs throttle control out of turns. Certainly the car is totally controllable for my driving style.

yep all of the above, guess i might be, just trying to pick up time where possible

yep all of the above, guess i might be, just trying to pick up time where possible

Had another brief thought how many miles on your car? i mean mines got 500+ miles and well the body shop would have done body wok on it about 300 miles ago. But i been putting it off, because i want to buy new cars :P. Enzo or a mclaren f1 next still cant decide, but either way, i mean the car isn't horrible but it is getting to the point where it is getting a bit more loose not terribly, but i have driven the car so much i can tell i am going to have to get the body rebuilt soonish, engine is starting to go to lol. Get both done would be about 200k or close to it, still cheaper by a smidge and less annoying than hand writing your settings in past gts when you had to buy a new car upgrade it and apply your settings.

But any mega car driving brake early and in a straight line, get on the throttle for the turn and get your rear wheels getting power to the road which so that rwd monster can turn. But feed power in with the throttle. The tighter the turn be more gentle, then you can feed more power in as you sweep through the turn and get back on 100% throttle on or approaching the exit.

Be smooth rhythm and pacing, wins races. Never mind in real racing trashing your tires just means your either going to be in the pits early and often, or your going to wreck the car and be out of the race. Really hope gt5 patches in tire temp and wear, tho i would have to easy up on my driving style some more lol.

But i can absolutely throw the tuned italia around high speed ring like a madman, i been running it for cash so much. Get lap times easy of 1.02ish, the ring i did i believe it was a 7:40 something in that veyron series having to deal with traffic, and took gold in every race in the series, and half them tracks i have never run on lol. Get used to that tuned car and it is like taking a bazooka to a skeet shoot.

How do you get your Italia up to 724 hp? I've got all the upgrades but "only" managed to get 672 hp.

Hmm sure you did not miss something? Did you change the oil? that adds plus hp even when it is new, gt auto must carry that premium oil. Also engines have a break in period where they gain some hp if it is a new car that might explain why you hp is lower than the absolute max.

I start with the intake upgrade all that, then do drive train, then engine and the rest then go to the gt auto and do an oil change. Unfortunately i did not check the HP when my car was new off the floor and upgraded but a few laps on the ring will break that engine in in no time.

Hmm sure you did not miss something? Did you change the oil? that adds plus hp even when it is new, gt auto must carry that premium oil. Also engines have a break in period where they gain some hp if it is a new car that might explain why you hp is lower than the absolute max.

I start with the intake upgrade all that, then do drive train, then engine and the rest then go to the gt auto and do an oil change. Unfortunately i did not check the HP when my car was new off the floor and upgraded but a few laps on the ring will break that engine in in no time.

Yeah that explains it, thanks! Just did a few races and it went up to 717 hp. :)

chimuel's settings are great I've cruised through several races and championships with them this morning.

One question though regarding the transmission values.

Would it not be better to set the top end value to match the top speed you are likely to reach at that particular circuit to improve acceleration through the lower gears?

Please feel free to educate me as I'm a complete novice when it comes to this sort of thing :)

I do set it for each track usually, but unless I know the track it's kind of hard to do. Plus I've found I'll run out of gear before what I set my transmission to. Like I had it at 199 one time, ended up running out at 190 and killed me.

So now I guesstimate and just set it a little ahead of what I think I'll hit during the race. That's the last thing you want is to run out of gear on a track you can't spare any tenths or thousandths of seconds on.

I've kept mine set to top out at 242 for all races, never run into problems. The only places I can see having problems with gearing is SSR7

Try my setup:

Suspension:

Thanks man, Its great!

Try my setup:

Suspension:

Thank you, amazing tune set up! 👍

Try my setup:

Suspension:

Not sure what you mean by 6/5 on the springs. They don't go that low from what I see.

Anybody here with this tune able to record gameplay? Would like to drool at the performance while I save up for this car ..

Back