iracing.com

• Thread starter red7
  • 21,570 comments
Noo...so its just me and Wayne in the Skip? Also Hwang but he doesn't race much!

I wanted to move on, but MP4 didn't come out this time. I'll stick with Skip for another season.

Your not doing gentlemen series? I might do some skip barber races to change things up.

Jav
Thank you for sharing Eric! I'll definitely give it a shot at Mid O!

I have no idea how it'll drive there. Its downright amazing to drive at Lime Rock. I thought it would take a lot of time off my Okayama laps, but I wasn't getting close. It was also late, so maybe I just wasn't focused enough for that. More importantly though, its still extremely well controlled. When it spins, it spins, though...just like before. I think there's something wrong with the car model, honestly. Center of gravity feels too far forward or something.

Nastra and Wayne - how you guys doing and are you racing the Skip next season? Christian is doing 2.09's and the thread, compared to the usual, is quite dead. But I am sure the racers will be popping their heads in over the week.

Hey Swift
I'll be back for more Skip !!
Once I realised the schedule changed from Okayama to Watkins :dopey:, I put in about 10-15 laps yesterday, I got down to a 2'10.2 and Opt broke into the 9's. I expect Christian and the other aliens to be living in the 8's by half way through the week :crazy:
Still feel like I'm struggling after spending the last couple of weeks in the Ford GT and then the Cadi, but my aim will be get into the 9's :)

Good luck to all for the new season, whatever your racing, hope everyone smashes their targets 👍 :)

:cheers:

Ooooh ya, the Cadillac is super fun on Summit Point.👍 I was a bit iffy on it with that tight complex of corners, but it eats them for breakfast.

I'm not sure If I want to run the mustang series this season now that the cadi is out, I just feel to tempted to drift the mustang, I just go around tracks sliding.

Eric I think it may have to with the limited spring choice but I could be wrong, I feel the need to put stiffer front springs in the cadi

Ooooh ya, the Cadillac is super fun on Summit Point.👍 I was a bit iffy on it with that tight complex of corners, but it eats them for breakfast.

I haven't tried the Caddy at Summit yet, does it fit on the track? :)

left888
I haven't tried the Caddy at Summit yet, does it fit on the track? :)

Haha, yea it fits. It does look a bit big though for the width of the track.

Edit: Just downloaded DashMeterPro on my X2 and it is so awesome. Love the overlaying of laps for comparisons. Only used it for a half hour or so, but I'm in love with it. Going to be a very useful addition.👍 I would definitely recommend this app if anyone doesn't have it. Probably going to be the best $7 I ever spent.

Last edited:
Hey Swift
I'll be back for more Skip !!
Once I realised the schedule changed from Okayama to Watkins :dopey:, I put in about 10-15 laps yesterday, I got down to a 2'10.2 and Opt broke into the 9's. I expect Christian and the other aliens to be living in the 8's by half way through the week :crazy:
Still feel like I'm struggling after spending the last couple of weeks in the Ford GT and then the Cadi, but my aim will be get into the 9's :)

Good luck to all for the new season, whatever your racing, hope everyone smashes their targets 👍 :)

:cheers:

Your insane, but I am getting closer to you so I am pretty happy! i think with iSpeed I can push it more but its a bit time consuming. Perhaps Season 3.

I will be monitoring you!

Trying to determine my scheduling for this season. Going to spend a season in the Late Model to practice going fast and turning left. And on the road side, Ford GT, Cadillac for certain. Probably going to keep running the MX5 in the GTC because of the great track selections and car combos (feels the most like a club race). Since the Ford and MX5 only race on a few days, I want to try one more. Leaning towards a more complete season in the Skip, I think. Saves me some purchases over going on up to the Star Mazda.

Chances are I'll try to fit in one race each week in the Mustang and Spec Racer Ford too...May as well use what you have, right?

If I did it'll make superbike think that his actually helping me when I already knew the answer.

Big hugs for sure though, I just learnt about the ignore option so going forward it will be 100% fine :) No more from my side as I can't see his posts anymore. Apologies from me to everyone for reading all that - it will never happen again. More iRacing and less arguements.

huh? what are you like 12 years old? Grow up, man! :)
We are all being repetitive in many cases (yes, even YOU!!). Being sarcastic to someone who is trying to be helpful only makes one look like an a** (or i guess they a*** down under?). OK, I am done here and I will ignore any more posts on this matter.
:)

Yes, all of us need to stick with the competition on the racing track and less with the competition in the forum!
👍

IRacing...
I was hoping to get up to Class A, but a combination of less time and laziness kept me off the track. I am not sure if there any big benifits to Class A since I race in class D for the most part? I need to study the license. I do believe that penalties cost more for Class A so that would push me to be a better pilot.

Yeah if you have more than 4 incidents as a Class A in a race I think you lose SR. On the Oval side I am in no hurry to reach Class A at all. Sometimes it feels like a curse (Road Class A). Was so easy to maintain a high SR in Class B. But one learns not to care about it. I honestly thought I was going to lose my Class A license but somehow I managed to pull myself together and had a string of incident free races before the season ended

I have no plans to drive an F1 car so I do not require a Class A license. I really enjoyed Class B Road though.

@zed, Grats on finishing your cockpit! :D

I have been doing oval races in the rookie Legends last week and I cannot begin to tell you how much of an absolute BITCH it was trying to get to D class! It is almost impossible because once you reach around SR3.50 or so, you have to start having incident free races to move higher due to the tracks being so short.

Man I gotta tell ya, getting an Inc.Free race on rookie oval is like pulling elephant teeth! It is very VERY difficult due to there being soooo many idiots on the track.

But somehow, I managed to do it yesterday and now I have my D-class license and will be automatically promoted to C later on today :D I just want it because I want to start running the Indy series on oval(as well as road).

It all depends on how you approach the race. I "escaped" rookie series Legends with an average of like 1.2 incidents per race, yet I still averaged a 5th place finish. You just have to give people extra room, let someone pass you if they are right on your bumper, and basically expect everyone else to crash at some point.

I got out of rookie Oval in like 9-10 races by starting from the pits every single time, every single time I would get a top 5 finish by doing this so my iRating is pretty strong for a D license fresh out of rookie! Oddly enough I haven't done any Oval racing after that at all...

I used to qualify and still had incident free legend races. Oh well i think legends will be advanced rookie now according to their press release.

But yeah I never did start from pits but that sounds more safe. I simply let dudes pass and watched them wreck

What is up with the guys that have gone through 2 or 3 accounts changes?, is that because they had bad ratings and they wanted to start over? For example Superbike81 has had at least 2 or 3 different name changes. Do people really put them self's in such a hole they are better off starting over?

I think some of it has to do with that and also I think some people make new accounts to keep using the promotions. It's against the sporting code to have mutiple accounts, but they let some of those real life NASCAR drivers have mutiple accounts.

What is up with the guys that have gone through 2 or 3 accounts changes?, is that because they had bad ratings and they wanted to start over? For example Superbike81 has had at least 2 or 3 different name changes. Do people really put them self's in such a hole they are better off starting over?

At least two or three? Making up facts again huh?

I started back in late 2008 because one of my old coworkers was was of the original few who was on iRacing since the beginning. We shared the account, split the fees for everything, worked out pretty well. He moved away in late 2011, so I made my own account. I was originally known as Jason Garrett2, I didn't like the "2" on the end of my name, so I switched it to include my middle initial.

No shady business, I wasn't banned, my iRating has never been stellar because I really don't care much about iRating (if I did I wouldn't be racing 5 or 6 series at a time) so I never started over.

Got any other whackjob theories you care to share with the rest of the class?

(Yes this post is being made in a condescending tone, because I don't appreciate having negative assumptions made about why I changed my name ONE TIME and kept the same account)

I created mine just to try it and I realized afterwards that the code I used (1 month for $5) wasn't that good so I just restarted with another

Last edited:
Cadillac fixed setup is ok. Very "safe", but good for racing I think. Also, you need to pit for a splash of fuel.

Yeah...20 lap race at Mosport and sitting on the grid, it estimated like 18 laps of fuel. Fixed setup is real understeery, and a little bit off my pace. I think its mainly losing time on the downhill left sweeper, it wants to push there and the bumps make it worse.

Cheers Eric, wow wasn't expecting them to make everyone pit, I wonder if they'll end up changing the setup.
I must be getting close to a year at iRacing now and never once made a 'racing pitstop' plenty of damage pitstops though :lol:
I may postpone the Skip for a bit and try the Cadi at Mosport to see if I can pit properly :lol:

60 people signed up for the Cadi race going on right now at Mosport. I was one of them, for about three laps. What a waste of iRating lol. I should know better than to race with no practice.

I did read now that you mentioned it that some people take advantage of the new promo's.

I am proud to say I care about iRating.
1. It makes me want to be competitive, to win and to push myself to the limits.
2. It makes me drive more carefully and thus improving the race for all drivers including myself
3. It gives me something to learn. Because I care, I study cars, I study lap times, tracks etc
4. Caring about iRating makes you a better driver I think and it will gradually go up as you get better.

Despite people not caring about it, it is a good reflection of your skills regardless of how many series you are running. If you are runnng more than 1 series, you can see iRating as an average across all series.

I have never taken a half hearted approach to anything in life and I won't do it here 👍

Last edited:
60 people signed up for the Cadi race going on right now at Mosport. I was one of them, for about three laps. What a waste of iRating lol. I should know better than to race with no practice.

I would have been in the 9:30 races but I forgot to register. :lol:

I'm going to try and sell my hauppage hd PVR and get 125$ out of it with monster component cable and a to b gold plated 25ft usb cable. With 125$ I can either get a kick ass button box from Derek, or buy some more tracks.

Don't come out acting like a big baby Jason!!! All I as inferring to was that people change their names and for various reasons. You claim it was because you shared an account with a friend?

At least two or three? Making up facts again huh?
I started back in late 2008 because one of my old coworkers was was of the original few who was on iRacing since the beginning. We shared the account, split the fees for everything, worked out pretty well. He moved away in late 2011, so I made my own account. I was originally known as Jason Garrett2, I didn't like the "2" on the end of my name, so I switched it to include my middle initial.

According to these two statements, yes two accounts. Is that correct? That's still 2 right?

No shady business, I wasn't banned, my iRating has never been stellar because I really don't care much about iRating (if I did I wouldn't be racing 5 or 6 series at a time) so I never started over.
Hey Superbike81, where did I say you started over because of shady business or getting banned? Please point that out for us!

Got any other whackjob theories you care to share with the rest of the class?
whackjob theories? the class? What are you, in grade two? You act so immature dude.I used you as an example of people changing their account names for various reasons. There is really no need to act so immature, wow. I am very sorry if I hurt your feelings.

(Yes this post is being made in a condescending tone, because I don't appreciate having negative assumptions made about why I changed my name ONE TIME and kept the same account)

I am so sorry you took this as "negative assumptions" that was not my intentions. Now I know why you started out as "Jason Garrett2" and not "Jason Garrett" then you dropped the "2"? and added a middle initial?

So as I said in my initial post, "2 or 3 times" So once again Jason, I owe you an apology, I should have stated twice and not 3 times.

*** BTW You are the first person I have added to my ignore list! ***

Last edited:
Back