iracing.com

• Thread starter red7
  • 21,570 comments
The elbow was a "accident" ;)

Ya, I laugh every time I here that. How the hell can he even say it was "an accident". Have you seen what they have been giving out in the NHL for suspensions? Torres got 25 games. What did "world peace" get, 7 games!

Seems many people dislike Infineon but I like it. Lots of elevation changes and a couple blind hills as well as it being a fairly interesting layout IMO makes it exciting.

I think it would be a great track for "Dirt bikes" :D

Infineon would be better if it didn't feel like a 70's Carrera when it starts to spin.

Hi Eric, did you check your PM?

Even with updates to the tire model, the car will still have the same basic characteristics. You will of course have to make small changes, but you should still do well with it.

superbike81
Even with updates to the tire model, the car will still have the same basic characteristics. You will of course have to make small changes, but you should still do well with it.

I was trying to be funny.

You really ought to just take it easy with your "help" as it sometimes crosses the line into being "annoying". Can't we make some off the hand comments without you thinking that we need help?

I know some new updates ain't going to totally make me relearn the Skip car, I was just trying to add some humour.

You really kill the fun in these forums, I feel as if I need to thread around so carefully to make sure everything I say is fact and can't even say anything out of line.

edit: I have redone my post with a ;). I will try my best going forward to add this superbike so you don't mistake that I am actually being serious.

Lets try it out:

"Geez, week 13 is crazy, so many crashes!!" ;)

P.S this is where you DON'T come in to say "SW, week 13 has many crashes because a number of series don't carry SR rating or iRating."

Last edited:
I was trying to be funny.

You really ought to just take it easy with your "help" as it sometimes crosses the line into being "annoying". Can't we make some off the hand comments without you thinking that we need help?

I know some new updates ain't going to totally make me relearn the Skip car, I was just trying to add some humour.

You really kill the fun in these forums, I feel as if I need to thread around so carefully to make sure everything I say is fact and can't even say anything out of line.

edit: I have redone my post with a ;). I will try my best going forward to add this superbike so you don't mistake that I am actually being serious.

Lets try it out:

"Geez, week 13 is crazy, so many crashes!!" ;)

P.S this is where you DON'T come in to say "SW, week 13 has many crashes because a number of series don't carry SR rating or iRating."

What is wrong with you?

No smiley.

Serious question.

You say I'm too serious and I take the fun out of the forum because I'm too helpful? Are you kidding me?

You are absolutely TERRIBLE at showing your sarcasm, and I'm not the only one who has pointed it out before.

Work on that before you start telling me how I should post. Which by the way, screw you, I'll post whatever helpful information I see fit.

This Caddi is really getting to me, I like it but I'm having trouble. I'm probably 10 second off pace @ okayama with a 1:38 and a 1:14 @ Summit point with the sebring setup in Jav's setup list but I am spinning every other lap and once I spin once I spin again and again and again, and when I spin it's always a full 360 if not a 720!:ouch::banghead::banghead::confused:

Work on that before you start telling me how I should post. Which by the way, screw you, I'll post whatever helpful information I see fit.

Please don't go their again, if Willy wants your help I'm sure he'll ask for it. Otherwise lets keep this side of the forum from problems that are plaguing the other side.

cheers :)

This Caddi is really getting to me, I like it but I'm having trouble. I'm probably 10 second off pace @ okayama with a 1:38 and a 1:14 @ Summit point with the sebring setup in Jav's setup list but I am spinning every other lap and once I spin once I spin again and again and again, and when I spin it's always a full 360 if not a 720!

Don't sweat it, I'm not the fastest but I just keep at it. Try out Eric's set up and see if that's a good base to work from.

Please don't go their again, if Willy wants your help I'm sure he'll ask for it. Otherwise lets keep this side of the forum from problems that are plaguing the other side.

I've tried to ignore his crap, but it's hard sometimes.

I gave him an absolutely 100% genuine "you can do it!" encouraging comment and he comes back basically telling me to STFU.

I didn't know encouraging people was bad. :dopey:

Don't sweat it, I'm not the fastest but I just keep at it. Try out Eric's set up and see if that's a good base to work from.

That's what I was using but the off camber turn 2 really screwed with me so ended up modifying it and got some strange asymmetrical setup stiffening the front, lowering RF caster, decreasing RR camber, dropping rear rebound, and raising rear bump.:crazy:..... I got a tenth..... that was probably not a result of the modified setup but my line and was a tad bit less stable:ouch::crazy::lol:

^ Didn't see any offensive, sarcastic, or elitist tone in this post.

Jesus Christ, chill out.

That's what I was using but the off camber turn 2 really screwed with me so ended up modifying it and got some strange asymmetrical setup stiffening the front, lowering RF caster, decreasing RR camber, dropping rear rebound, and raising rear bump.:crazy:..... I got a tenth..... that was probably not a result of the modified setup but my line and was a tad bit less stable:ouch::crazy::lol:

Have you seen all the setups posted at iRacing forums? between Jav's and Eric's and iRacing you can get decent base setups. There are no miracle setups for us slower guys. Find a set up that works at a particular track and keep your speed down.

I always try for 10 laps without an incident while hotlapping, then try to increase my speed. I tweaked Eric's setup at Slime Rock and got 52.xx but I struggled at Mosport with it, tried a couple more and continued on. Don't give up the Caddy is new and a beast to control.

I've tried to ignore his crap, but it's hard sometimes.

I gave him an absolutely 100% genuine "you can do it!" encouraging comment and he comes back basically telling me to STFU.

I didn't know encouraging people was bad. :dopey:

Because not everyone appreciates being spoken to as if they started playing iRacing yesterday.

6 laps @ Watkins in the Skip and down to 2.11. I guess Skip experience does carry over. ;)

can anyone tell me what part of my post really prompted supebike to look down on me and explain to me what the update means?

It was a joke. "I guess Skip experience does carry over;)"

Internet is quite hard to get the tone, but I was being sarcastic. Did this really warrant your explanation of the update?

Like...WOW...I didn't know that...your smart as. (sarcasm).

Thanks champ.

Last edited:
I'll move onto another topic.

Planning on some more Watkin Glen tonight in the Skip. I probably should download iSpeed as I ain't getting any faster. My exit of turns is pretty poor and I think it'll help. Without the proper time to dedicate myself to this though I think for the short term at least, I am stuck with the same lap times!

I always try for 10 laps without an incident while hotlapping, then try to increase my speed. I tweaked Eric's setup at Slime Rock and got 52.xx but I struggled at Mosport with it, tried a couple more and continued on. Don't give up the Caddy is new and a beast to control.

I actually think the Caddy might get an update soon. I think there is a brief moment mid turn that it just goes haywire a little bit.

Because not everyone appreciates being spoken to as if they started playing iRacing yesterday.

Ok, I forgot that you have been on iRacing since the start. :dunce:

You think I'm out to get you, you think I'm holding a grudge for that piddly little argument we had before, and you think you have to constantly be on the defensive.

Get all that out of your head.

I don't hold grudges, especially not on the internet.

As Eric said, there was nothing condescending, sarcastic, or offensive about my post. I would have posted the same thing to ANYONE else that made the comment you made. It was simple encouragement, but I guess you are too sensitive to take it for what it is. Of course what I said is fairly obvious, but that doesn't mean saying it is completely irrelevant.

Even professional athletes like encouragement.

I actually think the Caddy might get an update soon. I think there is a brief moment mid turn that it just goes haywire a little bit.

I think this is part of my problem, but I think it starts because the car is always hitting the bumpstops or even bottoming out, even @ charlotte with no braking, then at apex it breaks loose, I know I can't save it so I give the throttle a blip and boom I do a 360 on the dot everytime and keep goin.

For a few tests specifically summit point I had to turn on the driving line, it helped quite a bit especially being my second time ever @ summit point

6 laps @ Watkins in the Skip and down to 2.11. I guess Skip experience does carry over. ;)

I see no problem with super's response. It's not like he was talking down to swift or being condescending in any way. One or both of you should seriously consider using the ignore option.

He could put me on his ignore list if he would like as he does seem to find many things that I say bothersome. Again, he is welcome to do that and I would hold no feelings of ill-will. This does seem to be a recurring theme though, I say something, he reads WAY too much into it, finds it personally offensive for some reason, and then retaliates. Another common theme is that other people who read what I wrote rarely find it even slightly offensive. Maybe he really should put me on ignore, just to save himself the stress. With a new baby on the way (I have an 18 month old) he doesn't need to be stressing out over something as little as a forum post, as his hands will be very full in the coming weeks/months/years.

Congratulations on becoming a father SwiftWilly, it will change you in so many ways that you can't even begin to contemplate now, but for the better. Being a father is absolutely amazing.

None of what he says bothers me (with the exception of the direct attacks of course) so I don't feel it's needed to put him on my ignore list.

Last edited:
Alright, let's keep things on-topic and civil, folks. If there's a [legitimate] problem either report the user in question, or you can add them to your ignore list.

Ok, back on topic.

I'm anxious to see how the Cadillac's setup will be changed and if it will make it into our fixed setup folder before week 1 starts. I think the car is exciting as is, and as long as I stay about 4-5 seconds off the pace of the fast guys (who are using modded setups) I can put down consistent laps. It's when I start trying to push it to keep up with the fast guys when the car really bites me in the butt. I'm hoping they just do some small adjustments to the brake bias, the ARB, and the diff, it seems those three things are key to getting the car much more stable.

Getting down to 2.10 on Watkins now. Thats all I have in me. Should be good enough for me SOF as long as I don't crash - which will be the main aim for next week if I get some time.

Nastra and Wayne - how you guys doing and are you racing the Skip next season? Christian is doing 2.09's and the thread, compared to the usual, is quite dead. But I am sure the racers will be popping their heads in over the week.

Alright, let's keep things on-topic and civil, folks. If there's a [legitimate] problem either report the user in question, or you can add them to your ignore list.

HOLY JESUS!

I never knew such thing existed. I am using it right now, thank you.

Last edited:
I see no problem with super's response. It's not like he was talking down to swift or being condescending in any way. One or both of you should seriously consider using the ignore option.

+1
SW, chill out and have a homebrew. All you had to say was "Thanks!" or not reply at all.

group hug, everyone, and stay on topic.

I finally found my camera!

001-1.jpg

My old rig, VERY unstable, badly painted, there was holes everywhere, no finishing coat and I used old rotten wood from my garage (didn't know that at the time)

My new rig!

008.jpg

007.jpg

013.jpg

017.jpg

I love my fast track sim shoes :)

This new rig is built like a rock, no wobble at all and on top of that it is less wide and a bit shorter then my old rig, and it looks better overall. :)

Nastra and Wayne - how you guys doing and are you racing the Skip next season? Christian is doing 2.09's and the thread, compared to the usual, is quite dead. But I am sure the racers will be popping their heads in over the week.

I like to race one car at a time, so if I'm racing in Jav's Cadi series then I'll have to skip the Skip this season. Too bad... :(

Aren't you moving on to a different car?

I like to race one car at a time, so if I'm racing in Jav's Cadi series then I'll have to skip the Skip this season. Too bad... :(

Aren't you moving on to a different car?

Noo...so its just me and Wayne in the Skip? Also Hwang but he doesn't race much!

I wanted to move on, but MP4 didn't come out this time. I'll stick with Skip for another season.

+1
SW, chill out and have a homebrew. All you had to say was "Thanks!" or not reply at all.

group hug, everyone, and stay on topic.

If I did it'll make superbike think that his actually helping me when I already knew the answer.

Big hugs for sure though, I just learnt about the ignore option so going forward it will be 100% fine :) No more from my side as I can't see his posts anymore. Apologies from me to everyone for reading all that - it will never happen again. More iRacing and less arguements.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back