iracing.com

• Thread starter red7
  • 21,570 comments
I just love that it is a 24 hr race and it happened in hour 3... If you see a guy much faster than you what's the point of blocking it ends up slowing down both drivers, also if someone is faster you can tail them and find out what turns or key areas that they are faster in so you can adjust. Some people these days.

Anyways IRacing should have some kind of stakes to fight against this, so people are less likely to take risks. Yeah you may lose something sometimes but people would take it more serious. Just my 0.02

I agree but I can blame both parties on this wreck. There is no need to side draft someone (our guy was trying to make the pass on the oval into 1) when we are in the first 3/4 of the race period. The guy did move up into use across our nose which is what caused the biggest problems for everyone.

We have talked about it as a team, we won't really pass guys like that or at all for awhile unless it's super easy. They will end up making a mistake or being passed easier anyway.

I know it is a bit late only being a week and a half away to the 24 but, It looks like I may be free if any work that weekend. If anyone is looking for a driver for the 24 in the HPD, Z4, or McLaren I should be available. Of course, I could have to go into work at any point so it may be a bit of a gamble.

I have been running the top split during the High SOF times in the GT3 series at the beginning of this year. And ran the GT3 series last year in both the top and 2nd splits. In 2013, I held a Average finishing position of 3rd place and had an 80% Top 5 percentage. Despite moving up to the top split full time, I was still able to hold an average finish of 8th position while maintaining a 53% Top 5 percentage. I am also a very safe driver and do well at keeping out of walls and other drivers, while running a good pace, easy on tires, and can implement effective fuel saving techniques if necessary.

Please send me a PM or a message her if you have any interest.

Hey Shinya, me and my friend are looking like we're having to do just the two of us at the moment in the Z4 but it'd be great if you'd like to join us.

The only thing is you'd have to be ok with being in a sort of Pro-Am team as I won't be anywhere near as fast you, my friend @Tiddy is faster than me (wins races in GTC etc. ) but you'll be the best driver in the car.

I might as well post my race here too.

We started off bad with one of our drivers having connection issues (it happened at like 3 am again too, so he basically didn't drive much).

My first stint was at 1pm EST, got through my first stint without any issues and started pushing after a pit stop when I got the braking wrong into T1. Hit the pit wall tires head on, about 10 minutes worth of damage so we did a driver swap.

Next stint was at 1 am, got into the car after sleeping for awhile and just logged some laps but once again a mistake into the bus stop. It was a small fix of 2 minutes, didn't cost us speed and finished that double stint with gaining a spot to 5th.

The driver we had with connection issues was doing fine til he was coming back onto Nascar 1 out of the infield and lost traction, slammed the wall. It took us down a few spots after the repair.

I got back into the car around 6 am or so, started pushing few laps into it when I noticed I could pass the guy in 6th and hope he made a mistake to give us another lap back on him. It started to work and my plan was for fuel only during the 2nd stint to help with the gap, but it came apart with about 30 minutes left and no chance to make it up unless he basically wrecked. He came close a few times but it got hairy at times with double stinting tires (was also a nice learning tool since we couldn't lose any spots no matter what at that point).

I want to get into iRacing but it is just too expensive. $12 a month is fine if I get the whole game but $12 a car and $15 a track? For 1 car or 1 track I could get 2 cheap games off steam. Ends up costing as much as my PC if I were to buy everything.

I want to get into iRacing but it is just too expensive. $12 a month is fine if I get the whole game but $12 a car and $15 a track? For 1 car or 1 track I could get 2 cheap games off steam. Ends up costing as much as my PC if I were to buy everything.

I used to think it was very expensive, and it still is BUT that doesn't mean you need to buy every car/track right off the bat. Once you start racing outside of most rookie classes, you tend to actually enjoy everything that is offered.

I have been on there for 3 years now, I don't own all the tracks for the series I do race. I buy ones I like first or seem to be a better fit (multiple series use it alot) and go from there.

I used to think it was very expensive, and it still is BUT that doesn't mean you need to buy every car/track right off the bat. Once you start racing outside of most rookie classes, you tend to actually enjoy everything that is offered.

I have been on there for 3 years now, I don't own all the tracks for the series I do race. I buy ones I like first or seem to be a better fit (multiple series use it alot) and go from there.
But still the prices are extortionate, I mean 1 car is the price of playing the game for a month? Even Raceroom (Which is a F2P) has cheaper cars and tracks

But still the prices are extortionate, I mean 1 car is the price of playing the game for a month? Even Raceroom (Which is a F2P) has cheaper cars and tracks

There are promotions which make it a bit cheaper than it seems at first (although it's still relatively expensive). However, with iRacing, you do get what you pay for which is by far the best online racing in any game out there.

I used to think its expensive but honestly for what you get it isnt. They do promotions I bought a years sub at half price I cant remember how much it was but it was cheap. Also you dont need every car or even every track and once you have the car and track its yours forever.

Also as its US based everything is in Dollars so it converts quite nicely into Pounds

As a person who's gradually getting there in my switch from GT to iRacing. I was wondering why no one races the Jetta? I was planning moving to it after getting up to D but I'm told by a few friends it's not that popular.

It's just I have my eyes on the FF cars, I'm still hoping the Civic will be put in soon.

I like it but you have to race in the popular times to get good races. DO NOT buy the Kia, about 10 people on the whole of Iracing use it.

iRacing is higher quality than simulators GP2 teams use. They cost €30,000 per 3 hours. Would you rather do that?

In all seriousness, it's extremely cheap for what you get.

iRacing is higher quality than simulators GP2 teams use. They cost €30,000 per 3 hours. Would you rather do that?

I take it you're speaking from experience, you've had a go in the simulators for GP2 ?
Must admit I'm a little surprised to read that.

As a person who's gradually getting there in my switch from GT to iRacing. I was wondering why no one races the Jetta? I was planning moving to it after getting up to D but I'm told by a few friends it's not that popular.

It's just I have my eyes on the FF cars, I'm still hoping the Civic will be put in soon.

I race it quite frequently, I was in the top 5 in points this season and then school started up again and as a result I haven't race in a few weeks.. It's not the most popular car on the service, but it usually has a good quality field. The Kia is a fun car too if you like FF, sadly it's not very popular in official races but there is a league that races them called the BSRTC, they're UK based so that might work out for you. I ran a hosted race with them a month or so ago and it was a lot of fun, unfortunately the time difference doesn't fit my schedule so I can't race with them.

anyone got a fast formula mazda setup for iracing around mid-ohio? i am down to 1:21 sofar so only 5 seconds off pace lol D:

There are promotions which make it a bit cheaper than it seems at first (although it's still relatively expensive). However, with iRacing, you do get what you pay for which is by far the best online racing in any game out there.

I used to think its expensive but honestly for what you get it isnt. They do promotions I bought a years sub at half price I cant remember how much it was but it was cheap. Also you dont need every car or even every track and once you have the car and track its yours forever.

Also as its US based everything is in Dollars so it converts quite nicely into Pounds

BUT compared to it's rivals (RFactor, R3E, AC, PCARS) it is very expensive. With all but R3E you get everything for a small price (Never more than £50) whereas R3E has you pay for cars and tracks but they are cheaper than iRacing AND the game itself is free. I get that iRacing is a better simulation but is it really so good that you would be willing to pay the price of buying every other racing sim on the market?

BUT compared to it's rivals (RFactor, R3E, AC, PCARS) it is very expensive. With all but R3E you get everything for a small price (Never more than £50) whereas R3E has you pay for cars and tracks but they are cheaper than iRacing AND the game itself is free. I get that iRacing is a better simulation but is it really so good that you would be willing to pay the price of buying every other racing sim on the market?

But RFactor R3E AC and PCARS aren't rivals, none of them offer online racing against real people 24/7, with a system that prevents the usual lunacy seen in online racing. That's what your paying for, clean online racing, all day, every day.

My yearly subscription was $49, that's £35 per year, and they give me back $40 per year in credits if I complete each full season.

I know it seems expensive when you start, but you don't need to buy any cars or tracks. Stick to the rookie series (Mazda, or Production cup) for a full season, you will learn loads, and not spend an extra penny.

But RFactor R3E AC and PCARS aren't rivals, none of them offer online racing against real people 24/7, with a system that prevents the usual lunacy seen in online racing. That's what your paying for, clean online racing, all day, every day.

My yearly subscription was $49, that's £35 per year, and they give me back $40 per year in credits if I complete each full season.

I know it seems expensive when you start, but you don't need to buy any cars or tracks. Stick to the rookie series (Mazda, or Production cup) for a full season, you will learn loads, and not spend an extra penny.
But why, when I get much more for much less in other games. I don't care if who I'm racing is real or AI.

Trust me when you start iracing compared to doing stuff against ai it's so much more enjoyable. The competition great and you really get the racing bug.

Trust me when you start iracing compared to doing stuff against ai it's so much more enjoyable. The competition great and you really get the racing bug.
But I don't see why I need to pay so much for it.

Because no other sim offers proper hosted organised races at regular times with laser scanned tracks and extremely accurate cars.

Not too mention that you can get money back as well like people have said to pay for more content.

Did you even research iRacing before posting here @JASON_ROCKS1998. If you did you would've known iRacing is purely an online racing sim, therefore should've known iRacing is not for you seeing as you've stated you dont care if you race real or AI opponents.
You've come here complaining that iRacing is too expensive, people have given reasons why they think it actually is worth every dollar you invest, you still complain and then compare to the likes of R3E. As @YouichiHophop stated the games you listed are not rivals to iRacing, again if you did some research you would've known that before posting here.

Please save your money and enjoy R3E etc 👍

I take it you're speaking from experience, you've had a go in the simulators for GP2 ?
Must admit I'm a little surprised to read that.

It really doesn't need to cost that much but, they force you to have a computer engineer and 2 data engineers with you during that time. That is where the price gets extremely expensive.

My biggest issue is rFactor. Which almost every simulator in the world uses. I've driven many different "realistic" mods on rFactor, and I've yet to feel one even close to real life. A Sim trying to replicate the feeling and weight coming from the road, tire, and then to the wheel is failing. They are failing because, and no offense to those that have taken offense, most of the people smart enough to program one of these simulators have probably driven a race car before, but not at the level needed to recreate a proper simulation method. So, the way that the weight changes as you turn a wheel is not correct on any simulator I've driven so far, not even iRacing. So, why bother trying to simulate real life weight with that? Where iRacing gets things right, is the feel of driving in a race against people who you may or may not know. This is something that you get in real life. You may know how the person in front reacts, you may not. It leaves you to have to decipher what the best move is, and that is something that is extremely important in racing. It doesn't matter how fast you are, if you don't know how to set up the correct move at the correct time, you won't be successful.

And we go to the second thing that is truly incredible about iRacing, is how well everything is modeled. I've driven on a few of the circuits in iRacing in various different cars; Suzuka, Road America, Motegi, and Laguna Seca, and I can tell you that I've yet to see a simulator come even 1/4 as close to iRacing in the modeling department. And yet, iRacing I would say is above 95% perfect on the track models when compared to real life. That to me is incredibly vital in a simulator. A simulator is for learning, most of us already know how to drive a race car, and even if it a car we've never driven before, almost every car is driven with the same techniques. Learning the tracks is the more important part in my opinion. If I use rFactor, the tracks are so far off, the only thing I learn is which direction the next corner goes. With iRacing, I can voucher with real life Skip Barber at Laguna Seca experience (Drove the real thing before iRacing), that I was able to use the same braking points, reference points, and turn in points as the real thing, and even more amazingly, my lap time was withing 2 tenths of the real times. That to me, is something that you will not find in any other public Sim.

But I don't see why I need to pay so much for it.

The quality is so much higher as a simulator compared to the rest. It's the same reason why F1 is so expensive. They take everything and turn it beyond 10 and go to 11, that is why it cost more than 2 times as much as an LMP1 team. iRacing in my opinion takes everything they can and then it to 11, that is why it costs more.

Back