iracing.com

• Thread starter red7
  • 21,570 comments
Yep... aliens will be aliens, I can get to within 2.5 seconds of them in 6 months. to improve from here is difficult.

In the first month improved 2-3 seconds then following 5 months found another 1-2 per lap. Now it's down to half a seconds per lap.....

What have I got my self into !!!

I'm really enjoying the Blancpain Sprint Series races lately, but I'm new to it so I'm struggling with strategy a little bit. These are my first races with pit stops.

Is there a way I can change my strategy before the race starts? Tell it how much fuel I want and if I want tires changed? I think I lost a few positions in my last race due to changing tires when no one else did. It had the benefit of allowing me to attack in the latter part of the race with fresh tires, which got me a few positions back, but not as many as I lost..

Also if I choose to run to near the end and just want a splash of fuel can I specify a refuel amount?

I'm really enjoying the Blancpain Sprint Series races lately, but I'm new to it so I'm struggling with strategy a little bit. These are my first races with pit stops.

Is there a way I can change my strategy before the race starts? Tell it how much fuel I want and if I want tires changed? I think I lost a few positions in my last race due to changing tires when no one else did. It had the benefit of allowing me to attack in the latter part of the race with fresh tires, which got me a few positions back, but not as many as I lost..

Also if I choose to run to near the end and just want a splash of fuel can I specify a refuel amount?

Yes you can make in race adjustments once you grid up. You can change your fuel and tires through the black boxes. I'm not sure what the default buttons are for the black boxes because I've had them mapped to my wheel and button box for so many years.

PbC0lgx6VmeV-kQySs3QqrN2c94Tua44yGs2JeHoGw5PhA5lxHUtFJVa0aGzzTUNMbc=w300

Price change effective Aug. 1, 2016
Tony Gardner
This is not an easy decision but ultimately we have decided for the good of the overall business it is time to have a minor price increase to compensate for just a fraction of the inflation experienced over the 8 years. The price increase will take place on or around August 1, 2016. We will simply increase our subscription rates by $1 per month for our monthly subscription and less than $1 per month on our three, twelve month and two year subscriptions. Additionally, we are going to modify our bulk content purchasing discount program slightly. We are going to reduce our six piece bulk purchase discount from a 20% to 15% discount. We are going to reduce our 25% 40 piece loyalty program from a 25% to a 20% discount. That is it. That is the price change.

Looking at the official site, how many variations does Imola have? Just the current one?

Also, how well would my laptop handle iRacing?

CPU: Intel Core i7-3610QM
VGA: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 670M / 3GB GDDR5
RAM: DDRIII 12GB(4GB*3)
HDD: 750GB 7200RPM

Price change effective Aug. 1, 2016

I saw that post the other day. I know a lot of people think it's already too expensive but there hasn't ever been a price increase and it for sure cost more to do business now than 8 years ago. I've so far got my 6 years and 1 more still left for $50 a year because I always renewed when they did the specials. It seems they are only going to do a 25% discount now instead of the old 50%.

Looking at the official site, how many variations does Imola have? Just the current one?

There are two variations. The standard current layout and the Moto layout that world superbike uses which puts a chicane about half way down the front straight.

Looks like your laptop would run Iracing fine. Just try and keep it cool as you can. I have a 750ti 2 gb card in my gaming desktop and I can run good fps but most things are on low.

Last edited:
They gotta do what they gotta do.

Then again, so do I. I was always much more casual and mostly just did quick (20 - 30 minute) practice sessions and enjoyed reading the hardware forums.

I let my subscription lapse last BF when I sold my DK2. Figured I'd re-up in June (also usually a 50 percent off promo) if they added Vive support by then.

At those prices, I'll just stick to the offline alternatives (since that's what I usually prefer anyways).

EDIT: Unless I ever decided to build a DIY DD wheel. Then I'll just purchase a month's access for the forums.

McLaren MP-430 race at Montreal for Pac Majors. Somehow I slipped through the cracks and made the Pro split. I really didn't have the pace. I was running in 21st looking at taking 20th when I got taken out when I told a guy to go around and he took it a little fast and wide with about 4 or 5 to go. I finished 24th of 25. Race is on GSRC, incident isn't though. Oh well, it's karma I really screwed another guys race 2 weeks ago at the Indy 500 on accident with about 10 to go.

I know this is a little off topic, but since rallycross is coming to Iracing I figured I'd post this here.

This past weekend the red bull grc was at the MCAS new river marine base. I live about 45 mins from there so me and a buddy went again this year as we went last year too. It was a double header weekend, but Saturday was military only so we went just Sunday. The final ended up getting cancelled due to the weather which is a bummer but what can ya do.

Here are a few pics I took. They aren't the best, but the cars are either in the pits getting worked on or driving through the pits to the track.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

After the final was cancelled on Sunday me and my buddy went to the Honda pits to see if we could get any scrap parts because we are both huge Honda fans. They told us after the final they might have something. Last year we saw bunch of people get stuff so this year we were determined to bring home something :lol:. We saw bunch of people with used tires so we tried to get one but couldn't find any. My buddy grabbed a piece of one of the civic's bumper and got it signed by both drivers and another guy the other one. I asked one of the Honda mechanics if they had anymore stuff and I was able to get a muddy one from the day before because saturday it rained right before the final so it was super muddy.

I ended up with Sebastian Erikssons front bumper from the day before. Here's a pic of the car from the tv broadcast I caught while watching it. It was still just as muddy when I got it as it shows on tv :lol:. I could have got it signed but it was so muddy I had to try and wash it off in a rain puddle just to put it in the car to get it home. Overall it was a awesome experience again and even more pumped for rallycross to be on Iracing 👍

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    100.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Rallycross will be a disaster on iRacing unless they get a proper damage and repair model going. They've already got issues where certain jumps on the Nordschleife damage the bodywork on cars to lose about 2kmh on the straights. This is just from the wheel going into the wheel well, which doesn't often do a whole lot of damage if any in IRL.

That being said. I do look forward to it as it is one of my favorite things about DiRT Rally

Houston, I have a problem:

I cannot get iRacing to start because my computer is prohibiting the software from accessing the Graphics hardware. How do I fix this?

I ran this game on integrated graphics. Should be fine.

Houston, I have a problem:

I cannot get iRacing to start because my computer is prohibiting the software from accessing the Graphics hardware. How do I fix this?
I'm assuming a restart didn't fix it? Tried updating your drivers?

I'm 80% back, new computer and renewed subscription, does anyone know if i have to download the driver to run trading paints still? Also is there any websites i should check out to use for 3rd party dash applications?

I'm 80% back, new computer and renewed subscription, does anyone know if i have to download the driver to run trading paints still? Also is there any websites i should check out to use for 3rd party dash applications?
I would just go to the trading paints website and download the newest version.

I know this is a little off topic, but since rallycross is coming to Iracing I figured I'd post this here.

This past weekend the red bull grc was at the MCAS new river marine base. I live about 45 mins from there so me and a buddy went again this year as we went last year too. It was a double header weekend, but Saturday was military only so we went just Sunday. The final ended up getting cancelled due to the weather which is a bummer but what can ya do.

Here are a few pics I took. They aren't the best, but the cars are either in the pits getting worked on or driving through the pits to the track.
View attachment 566171 View attachment 566174 View attachment 566175

View attachment 566170 View attachment 565937

After the final was cancelled on Sunday me and my buddy went to the Honda pits to see if we could get any scrap parts because we are both huge Honda fans. They told us after the final they might have something. Last year we saw bunch of people get stuff so this year we were determined to bring home something :lol:. We saw bunch of people with used tires so we tried to get one but couldn't find any. My buddy grabbed a piece of one of the civic's bumper and got it signed by both drivers and another guy the other one. I asked one of the Honda mechanics if they had anymore stuff and I was able to get a muddy one from the day before because saturday it rained right before the final so it was super muddy.

I ended up with Sebastian Erikssons front bumper from the day before. Here's a pic of the car from the tv broadcast I caught while watching it. It was still just as muddy when I got it as it shows on tv :lol:. I could have got it signed but it was so muddy I had to try and wash it off in a rain puddle just to put it in the car to get it home. Overall it was a awesome experience again and even more pumped for rallycross to be on Iracing 👍

View attachment 566179
View attachment 566180

(WARNING: JOKES AHEAD, THIS IS NOT MEANT TO BE SERIOUS)

#DayToNightConfirmed
#MeatballFlagsForAeroDamageConfirmed
#LaserScannedWilVincentConfirmed
#CleanRookieStreetStockRacesConfirmed
#BegginStripsAsMarblesConfirmed
#100000000000000xIncidentLimitConfirmed
#WreckFreeMX5RookieRacesConfirmed
#SteveHarveyAsDefaultSpotterConfirmed
#IDontKnowWhatImDoingNowConfirmed
#EverythingConfirmed

(/JOKES)

(THIS IS MEANT TO BE SERIOUS)

In all seriousness though, that must have been awesome to be at... rallycross would be amazing in iRacing if they got the Heat System and everything else planned out as well... the waiting periods as well could get a bit irritating (although watching the races could be good fun). I would probably be spending most of my time between ProtoGT, IMSA, Skippies, and Rallycross... if they could make it work.

Back