Is your REAL car in Gran Turismo 5?

• Thread starter Johnny.Ly
  • 1,558 comments
I heard that the US Spec ones only had around 240 to 250 hp because of exhaust emisions or something got to love the dirty e30
What do you mean by DD (Daily drive)?

Yea didnt get as much power as euro spec. Yes, daily driver.

Yes, kind of - my 1992 Miata 1.6.

GT5 does a decent job of depicting one (unlike previous GT versions), provided you switch all driving aids off of course (ABS can be on because it was one of the first with ABS though) and stick to Comfort Normal or Comfort Soft tyres. (Currently at 2.09 revision)

(The latter also by and large compared to the 1:13 at Tsukuba in old Best Motoring videos. From what I gather in my best Japanese, probably almost bone stock at the time. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKjCUrij5YU at about 7:26 (#6, 'Roadster'))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dmiqeTjTKQ

I like how they recreated the good handling (not too easy to spin but doable if you push it the wrong way ;) the old school interior of the car (which is to say, not much luxury.. ;) . But then it's probably one of the cars which PD drove in real life, making the chances of anything like real life a bit better (unlike, say, a Formula Gran Turismo car...) than a fantasy car, of course.

Last edited:
does this count? our's is a lowly 116 tho.... (needs moar stance yo!)

gt5real.jpg

Yes... but no. 2010 WRX 5 door. NON STi, unfortunately. But this one came around with unbeatable price and I had to grab it up. Great drivers car!

yes but no too, Mitsubishi Lancer but not Evo, But damn, I managed to tune the Evo to handle and look like my car. awesome thing right there

Just sold my 4-door Civic '08 and bought a brand new 88hp Fiat 500 '13 to make company to my 5door Ford Focus '10.
So I can say that the sports version of my cars are in Gt5, tough my real life 500 has more power than the 1.2 lounge in the game.

No, but it would be a GREAT addition! I have a 2005 Pontiac Sunfire. LOVE my car, even after I run a race in something more powerful, I still would go back to my Sunfire any day.

My old car is in the game, 1998 Honda Prelude Type-SH, though it is the JDM Type-S.

600widepicture.jpg

GrandValleyEast_1.jpg

My new car is not though, 2006 Acura RL, (would probably be called the Honda Legend if it was).

photo4-2.jpg

Hoping to get an S2000 soon once the wifey's TL is paid off though. I need to have something fun to drive on the weekends again.

Last edited:
A car I used to own looks identical to a car in the game. PD has modelled a newer model car and matched it to the performance specs of an older model car and named it the same as the older model car.

MrGrado
A car I used to own looks identical to a car in the game. PD has modelled a newer model car and matched it to the performance specs of an older model car and named it the same as the older model car.

May I ask which one?

Unfortunately no, there is no Cadillac CTS in the game.

However, the Vectra that many of the suspension and engine bits are from is in it. So, close enough I guess.

Back