"It Takes No Skill To Drag" - Prove it

• Thread starter DLR
  • 325 comments
This is why I kinda wanted to start dragging, I have a love for the muscle cars. I already know how to tune up a RWD/FR . I actually would've never tuned the Enzo but thats what gsrboy told me to bring.

Should I stay with the Enzo and bring back out when it's ready? Or do you advise me tuning up one of my muscle cars that I'm more passionate about?

Overall I'm looking to take my transmission settings to a circuit. And want to see if I can apply any of the suspension settings to a circuit as well. Any thoughts? Has anyone done this?

The muscle cars suck in this game with the exception of the charger 440 r/t because for some reason after you buy all the engine modifications on a big block the engine revs to 8k and it only makes power at 5k. If the game had an adjustable rev limiter or more realistic parts this would not be an issue.

The muscle cars suck in this game with the exception of the charger 440 r/t because for some reason after you buy all the engine modifications on a big block the engine revs to 8k and it only makes power at 5k. If the game had an adjustable rev limiter or more realistic parts this would not be an issue.

They do that stock, too, just to lower revs.

And it's actually somewhat realistic, the only issue with GT5 is that the powerband itself doesn't change any, it just gets stretched and boosted.

Well I gave it a shot. Decided to go for the Evo X as it was one of the few 4WD cars that was broken in. Must say it's quite addictive to keep going a little bit faster. Ended up with a time of 10,318 on the 1/4 mile (10,279 0-400m). Don't have a clue if that is close to a good time. The gear tuning was the hardest. Small changes had enormous effects.

kenkwilinski
This is why I kinda wanted to start dragging, I have a love for the muscle cars. I already know how to tune up a RWD/FR . I actually would've never tuned the Enzo but thats what gsrboy told me to bring.

Should I stay with the Enzo and bring back out when it's ready? Or do you advise me tuning up one of my muscle cars that I'm more passionate about?

Overall I'm looking to take my transmission settings to a circuit. And want to see if I can apply any of the suspension settings to a circuit as well. Any thoughts? Has anyone done this?

Yea your addicted...welcome to the drag world...lol

kenkwilinski
I just grabbed an enzo n oiled it, I found gsrboy in the tunnel. I ran a top speed tune n got burned. I raced some guys that r not on this thread n I killed them. But then I raced gsrboy n he killed me bad. He told me to tune for acceleration. I made some adjustments n raced him a few more times. He still killed me but we both did agree there was a lot of improvement. If I keep at it, I could definitly be competitive no doubt. So I will take back what I said n drag racn is cool n addictive lol. I guess I can say that any kind of racing is cool regardless if its a straightline, left turns or a circuit. So props 👍 to the drag racers!

Lol you a cool dude. Just hit me up if you need help.

mafia_boy
Well, I'm glad you went and faced one of the drag racers. I have respect for gsrboy, he's a decent tuner who will burn 90% of people stupid. He's on the cusp of reaching the next level with help from others.

Thanks allot bro. That mean allot.

"DA 101"
Hi, my names Matt (group: hello Matt)
And I'm addicted to dragging, I only started 104 days ago :P

...And it has taken over my life. I lost my girl, my job, and now my home. I need help. With no home I have nowhere to tune. I just need to borrow some power man. I got these cheeseburgers. They some double cheeseburgers.:lol:

"Tuning" a car to drag is easier to do than "tune" a car to go around a track. But to get a drag car to do faster times is harder than a track car. I have nothing else to say on the subject.

wrapture
"Tuning" a car to drag is easier to do than "tune" a car to go around a track. But to get a drag car to do faster times is harder than a track car. I have nothing else to say on the subject.

This is the right way to put it.

I think drag racing is another discipline of racing that requires mastering. You have to know how to tune your car well enough for the best results, and after tuning you must regulate your rpm, and throttle application upon take off. It's important to know how to map your gear ratios to your torque curve too. I totally agree that drag racing is not "easy", but I believe that those who drive only AWD have little REAL drag racing skill in Gran Turismo 5. Generally (about 90% of the time) those who drive AWD cars just slam down the gas and launch fast. Other than that it takes real skills.

I think drag racing is another discipline of racing that requires mastering. You have to know how to tune your car well enough for the best results, and after tuning you must regulate your rpm, and throttle application upon take off. It's important to know how to map your gear ratios to your torque curve too. I totally agree that drag racing is not "easy", but I believe that those who drive only AWD have little REAL drag racing skill in Gran Turismo 5. Generally (about 90% of the time) those who drive AWD cars just slam down the gas and launch fast. Other than that it takes real skills.
If you tune for longer distances, as example 3000m, AWD cars an't that easy to tune. ;)

Well i quit drag racing on GT5... The main reason i did is because there isn't a proper drag strip with a true tree... And even with the places people drag at you don't see people drag racing a more variety of cars, it is always high powered cars. Never around the same HP and it is hard to find people who like the cars around the same HP class of cars

Well i quit drag racing on GT5... The main reason i did is because there isn't a proper drag strip with a true tree... And even with the places people drag at you don't see people drag racing a more variety of cars, it is always high powered cars. Never around the same HP and it is hard to find people who like the cars around the same HP class of cars

You may be interested in this then- https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=244172 👍

Yeah because of the horrendous top end :lol:

Many don't take their AWDs top end dragging. I'm talking 1/4 mile.
Also, anyone can take a gtr for the top end dragging. Just take a look at it's torque curve. It's practically straight!! But that's besides the point. Which is, AWD isn't very tough for short dragging.

If you tune for longer distances, as example 3000m, AWD cars an't that easy to tune. ;)

Also, anyone can take a gtr for the top end dragging. Just take a look at it's torque curve. It's practically straight!! But that's besides the point. Which is, AWD isn't very tough for short dragging.

I don't think that you can call it top end dragging, in my eyes it's way more.
Anyone can propperly tune a GTR for 3000m? :lol: Definitely not!
I want to see that.

Wonder how a tuning prohibited Sport Tire aka Street Tire night would work. People could get out slow turds to factory freaks and battle driver to driver. With stock no tune. It would truly be a drivers race.

Wonder how a tuning prohibited Sport Tire aka Street Tire night would work. People could get out slow turds to factory freaks and battle driver to driver. With stock no tune. It would truly be a drivers race.

DLR hosted an event like this a while back. It was good fun.

As a circuit racer who drag races somewhat often, the knowledge of tuning for the optimum balance between acceleration and top speed is definitely a skill. And it's extremely competitive when you find the faster people. d24___ (Sorry, forgot the full name) has a ridiculously fast tunnel Enzo, and that was a long time ago.

I think it's basically know how to tune and have good reflexes.

But I do think that it does not require more skill than circuit racing.

Well, it's probably better to start off using a Ford GT No Stripe or an Enzo. They are really easy to tune for fast. Top-level fast comes later. :)

Thank you for saying its fast but people now have evolved and its just a battle of the best launch.

Back