"It Takes No Skill To Drag" - Prove it

• Thread starter DLR
  • 325 comments
I just grabbed an enzo n oiled it, I found gsrboy in the tunnel. I ran a top speed tune n got burned. I raced some guys that r not on this thread n I killed them. But then I raced gsrboy n he killed me bad. He told me to tune for acceleration. I made some adjustments n raced him a few more times. He still killed me but we both did agree there was a lot of improvement. If I keep at it, I could definitly be competitive no doubt. So I will take back what I said n drag racn is cool n addictive lol. I guess I can say that any kind of racing is cool regardless if its a straightline, left turns or a circuit. So props 👍 to the drag racers!

kenkwilinski
I just grabbed an enzo n oiled it, I found gsrboy in the tunnel. I ran a top speed tune n got burned. I raced some guys that r not on this thread n I killed them. But then I raced gsrboy n he killed me bad. He told me to tune for acceleration. I made some adjustments n raced him a few more times. He still killed me but we both did agree there was a lot of improvement. If I keep at it, I could definitly be competitive no doubt. So I will take back what I said n drag racn is cool n addictive lol. I guess I can say that any kind of racing is cool regardless if its a straightline, left turns or a circuit. So props 👍 to the drag racers!

Hahah glad you had fun man.. And at least you can now say that it isn't easy to be at the top.. Cause once you're there, you can't go easy.. Every week you stop tuning a car, your tune falls behind.. It's a constant thing that takes a lot of dedication to remain at the top :)

You obviously don't know.who u were talking to. Diabaspeed or elitedreamer is a well respected circuit racer here.
Ups, I think you don't get that we are talking about drag tuning.

Circuit racing - drag tuning
How can you put them together? You can't.

This is the drag forum, we are talking about drag tuning, so I don't care about circuit stuff. He might be a good racer and that's great, but it doesn't matter here.

funny, i haven't received a FR from any of them either....PROVE IT
YOU ARE A JOKE!
I told you that your friend list is full, you didn't react! You didn't delete anyone from your friend list!

Explain how I should be able to send you a FR when the list is full?
I just grabbed an enzo n oiled it, I found gsrboy in the tunnel. I ran a top speed tune n got burned. I raced some guys that r not on this thread n I killed them. But then I raced gsrboy n he killed me bad. He told me to tune for acceleration. I made some adjustments n raced him a few more times. He still killed me but we both did agree there was a lot of improvement. If I keep at it, I could definitly be competitive no doubt. So I will take back what I said n drag racn is cool n addictive lol. I guess I can say that any kind of racing is cool regardless if its a straightline, left turns or a circuit. So props to the drag racers!
Good!
It's always problematic to talk about something without any experience.
You moved on and tested it, great! 👍

Some other people here should do the same.

Last edited:
Lol ok I gotta say my view on drag. Don't get mad yet. It doesn't take any skill to drag. It's literally go in a straight line and just make sure to shift when needed. However it does take skill to tune for drag. I have made tunes for every style and find drag the hardest. I make what I feel is excellent and can't get too much better than get beat by someone in the same car by a mile. It's so frustrating to me. I made a Enzo tune and won a lot of races before than lost to a R34. Raced the guy a few times too and lost everyone. It made no sense to me as I could beat R35 and vipers which are theoretically better cars. Making drag tunes definitely needs skill, but actually driving the car not so much lol.

Heh. They aren't secret but they're also several car lengths behind your "good" tunes.
Incorrect RJ. When I released those tunes, they were actually my current garage tunes at that time. That just shows how much more development has gone into the current tunes that I have which you have had the pleasure of racing and tuning with, because apart from the Enzo (which in GME SSR7 spec can take you a sub 9.2sec 1/4 mile), every car has been developed so much more that the current tunes will make you good, but won't make you at pro level these days. Now that the speed test has been implemented, you'll see my cars take another turn in development as I now use both online AND offline tuning to bring out the best in all areas, from 400m, through every timing marker to 1 mile, and also the max speed test.

Yes, on some cars. Might've been closer to "right" than some people's "base tunes" but they were intentionally miles off the "pro" tunes.
No no, once again that isn't right. I gave people what I had when I released those things. There are other times where I will pass tunes I previously made to people. For example, my Hybrid 2 Veyron setup was a setup I ran and stayed undefeated for quite a while, so I gave that to my customers to point them in the right direction, but by that point I was already on Hybrid 6.

@fest0r: Don't race Royale's 2012 GT-R, he's probably found my tune for it. :lol:
Bro, I'd let Shady rip him apart before he even got near my doorstep, and Cooldude could use someone as a bunny for everyone in Team Rapid to beatdown. :lol:

i'm not posting my GT-R tune as it's undefeated if that's what you're referring to :)

I call BS on that one. Prove it. Race the fastest of the fastest and then talk. If you are so fast then how come we haven't heard of you huh?
I'll send a couple of scouts out to see what he's got Slashfan. :cool: I know exactly who to send in, I'll see if they're busy or not with tuning anything in particular or if they're just in a mood to hassle people. :mischievous:

You obviously don't know.who u were talking to. Diabaspeed or elitedreamer is a well respected circuit racer here. And u definitly don't get sarcasm. Because he is saying that u drag guys or crossdressers, whatever y'all call urselves r over ur heads about ur tunes. Tuning is easy regardless, setting a trans is easy too. Nothing too a straightline, especially now with the speed test n acceleration tests, now everyone can drag n c how easy it is. And about tuning, it is knowledge n 95% time to tweak ur tune. Also note that circuit tuners share tunes n give advice. They also don't look to sell their tunes. Now I'm no drag queen or king, whatever title u give urselves. But I bet I can tune a car just a fast in a straightline as u n there's no mystery in my numbers. Pick a car n regulations n ill take a pic of my progress on the test track. We will compare n see that ur tunes aren't sooo pure as u think.

Obviously, you were too pig headed to read what I said previously, so I'll requote it for you.
First off, DRAG RACING IS NOT DIFFICULT!!
Secondly, CIRCUIT RACING IS NOT DIFFICULT!!
Thirdly, DRIFTING IS NOT DIFFICULT!!

The thing that IS difficult, and is the common denominator in all this argument is that TUNING IS DIFFICULT!! It DOES NOT MATTER what form of motorsport you are trying to be the best at. All of these forms of racing can be done by trained chimps and they usually are done by trained chimps called names like Jenson Button in circuit racing, or John Force in drag racing or Tetsuya Tsuchiya in drifting. But it's the complete package of having an epic tune AND an epic driver that allows teams and racers to win the race.

So this chopping up the stats saying circuit is 80% driver/20% tune and that drag is 20% driver/80% tune is absolutely retarded. It's 50/50, NO MATTER HOW YOU LOOK AT IT!! If it's not 50/50, then either you are failing your car or your car is failing you, period.

Now, IF ANY PERSON FROM THIS POINT ON WANTS TO SAY THERE'S NO CHALLENGE TO ANY FORM OF MOTORSPORT, BE IT DRAG, DRIFT, OR CIRCUIT, THEN GO AND TEST YOURSELF OUT AGAINST THE ELITE OF THOSE CATEGORIES, GET YOUR ASS HANDED TO YOU AND THEN SHUT THE 🤬 UP AND EDUCATE YOURSELF!!

/rant.

^Yea why aren't u guys picking on me or haven't responded to my challenge? Do I smell chicken??

Well, I'm glad you went and faced one of the drag racers. I have respect for gsrboy, he's a decent tuner who will burn 90% of people stupid. He's on the cusp of reaching the next level with help from others.

This is funny.
Isn't it ever!! :D I love it. :lol:

Sides, circuit tuners are dominate. Circuit racers? Not so much.

Don't go talking that garbage, otherwise you'll have a wave of drag racers entering the first TCv for GT5, and you know a lot the top boys aren't exclusively drag racers!! :lol::P

Well if you don't know who he is, or you don't care who he is... Why even comment on what he says.. I don't understand your logic..

Incorrect RJ. When I released those tunes, they were actually my current garage tunes at that time. That just shows how much more development has gone into the current tunes that I have which you have had the pleasure of racing and tuning with, because apart from the Enzo (which in GME SSR7 spec can take you a sub 9.2sec 1/4 mile), every car has been developed so much more that the current tunes will make you good, but won't make you at pro level these days. Now that the speed test has been implemented, you'll see my cars take another turn in development as I now use both online AND offline tuning to bring out the best in all areas, from 400m, through every timing marker to 1 mile, and also the max speed test.

Fair enough. Which is exactly what the 2012 GT-R tune I've got floating around is.

And in auto with "normal" launch technique it's all of 4 thousandths off my record holding tune under the same conditions. Which is why you shouldn't run Royale if he has it. :lol:

No no, once again that isn't right. I gave people what I had when I released those things. There are other times where I will pass tunes I previously made to people. For example, my Hybrid 2 Veyron setup was a setup I ran and stayed undefeated for quite a while, so I gave that to my customers to point them in the right direction, but by that point I was already on Hybrid 6.

Well considering the ones I ran lost to me and I was losing to a lot of people in the same car...

You knew they weren't perfect. :P

Bro, I'd let Shady rip him apart before he even got near my doorstep, and Cooldude could use someone as a bunny for everyone in Team Rapid to beatdown. :lol:

So what you're actually saying is that Shady's got a GT-R quick enough to dethrone me. Which is probably true online seeing as I can't get a good launch off ghost for the life of me. :P

I'll send a couple of scouts out to see what he's got Slashfan. :cool: I know exactly who to send in, I'll see if they're busy or not with tuning anything in particular or if they're just in a mood to hassle people. :mischievous:

:lol:

Don't go talking that garbage, otherwise you'll have a wave of drag racers entering the first TCv for GT5, and you know a lot the top boys aren't exclusively drag racers!! :lol::P

That's my point! :lol:

I decided to go check out how hard it is to make a drag tune for the 1/4 mile. I have no experience at all with tuning for drag, especially the gear tuning. My tuning for circuit tracks is also bad. I will make use of the drag tuning bible thread here and see what I end up in. Should give a clear idea how hard it is.

Now all I need is a car. Do you guys have an advice? It needs to be a well covered car with a lot of recorded times so I can see how fast mine is.

I think Kenny is right Matt… royalefail is a moron… we should stop feeding him 👍

deleted 5 people last week, still nothing...........you scared?
Translation: http://translate.google.ch/?hl=de&tab=wT#de|en|F%C3%BCr%20ROYALEFATALE%20wurde%20die%20maximale%20Anzahl%20an%20Freunden%20erreicht%0ADer%20Vorgang%20konnte%20nicht%20abgeschlossen%20werden.
ROYALEFATALE.jpg

:rolleyes:

Much respect to this guy.👍

Now all I need is a car. Do you guys have an advice? It needs to be a well covered car with a lot of recorded times so I can see how fast mine is.

make sure to hit the NOS at the right time, not too soon, or too late.

this video is pretty educational for drag racing purposes...

make sure to hit the NOS at the right time, not too soon, or too late.

this video is pretty educational for drag racing purposes...

Ok I will be sure to try that next time I buy a Need for Speed game:dunce:

Now is there anyone who can help me choose a good car to start dragracing in?

Start with a simple car like either an STI or an EVO. OR, If you actually really want to go hardcore, my first drag car was the GTR '07. It's special to me because I used it to win so many A-spec races and It has about 500 miles on it. Here are some cars that you can use:

Skyline R32
Skyline R33
Skyline R34
Subaru STI (any type)
Mitsubishi Evo- VII or newer
Mazda RX-7
Supra RZ

I don't know much, but really, anything with decent power apart from a R35. Ermm……say……something American like the GT no stripe or Corvette ZR1 would be a start.

But meh, I don't drag much anymore, so I don't know what's trendy nowadays. It was all Veyrons when I started.

Start with a simple car like either an STI or an EVO. OR, If you actually really want to go hardcore, my first drag car was the GTR '07. It's special to me because I used it to win so many A-spec races and It has about 500 miles on it. Here are some cars that you can use:

Skyline R32
Skyline R33
Skyline R34
Subaru STI (any type)
Mitsubishi Evo- VII or newer
Mazda RX-7
Supra RZ

I don't know much, but really, anything with decent power apart from a R35. Ermm……say……something American like the GT no stripe or Corvette ZR1 would be a start.

But meh, I don't drag much anymore, so I don't know what's trendy nowadays. It was all Veyrons when I started.

Thanks for the help. I'm going to give it a go tonight. I'll start with the 4WD you recommended. Should be easier to start with with their easy launch. But I would really like to tune some old muscle cars for drag later on when I know what I'm doing :D

As a circuit racer who drag races somewhat often, the knowledge of tuning for the optimum balance between acceleration and top speed is definitely a skill. And it's extremely competitive when you find the faster people. d24___ (Sorry, forgot the full name) has a ridiculously fast tunnel Enzo, and that was a long time ago.

I think it's basically know how to tune and have good reflexes.

But I do think that it does not require more skill than circuit racing.

Well, it's probably better to start off using a Ford GT No Stripe or an Enzo. They are really easy to tune for fast. Top-level fast comes later. :)

As a circuit racer who drag races somewhat often, the knowledge of tuning for the optimum balance between acceleration and top speed is definitely a skill. And it's extremely competitive when you find the faster people. d24___ (Sorry, forgot the full name) has a ridiculously fast tunnel Enzo, and that was a long time ago.

Well, it's probably better to start off using a Ford GT No Stripe or an Enzo. They are really easy to tune for fast. Top-level fast comes later. :)

This right here is what I realized last night when I put my foot in my mouth. People say drag is 50% tune/ 50% car. It was pretty late last night when I dragged against grsboy for my first drag race ever.

So I would say I was 35% tune (need to work on first & second gear and a little toying with the suspension some more) & 35% driver. If I can get myself up to 50/50 I think I can start to give some of you a run for your money. But that is only with the Enzo, as its my first drag car. I say that if I tune up over the weekend I would be about 85% there which is a big leap from nothing. So to say all my oval and circuit racing has given me a vast knowledge of how to tune. I just need to perfect it and nail my shifts. I did redline a few times last night (but it was midnight and I'm up for work at 5am so.....)

I am also interested how I am going to interpret this drag racing skill into the circuit. I wonder if I will start coming up with some great trans settings so I can pull away from the draft and take the win at the line?

I'll take that cars into account for when I switch from the 4WD. The gear tuning is another reason I want to try this. I want to be able to set up good gear ratios which could be very helpful for online circuit racing :D

I'll take that cars into account for when I switch from the 4WD. The gear tuning is another reason I want to try this. I want to be able to set up good gear ratios which could be very helpful for online circuit racing :D

Very simple RWD's would be old muscle...that would be good to tune...try like Corvettes

Very simple RWD's would be old muscle...that would be good to tune...try like Corvettes

This is why I kinda wanted to start dragging, I have a love for the muscle cars. I already know how to tune up a RWD/FR . I actually would've never tuned the Enzo but thats what gsrboy told me to bring.

Should I stay with the Enzo and bring back out when it's ready? Or do you advise me tuning up one of my muscle cars that I'm more passionate about?

Overall I'm looking to take my transmission settings to a circuit. And want to see if I can apply any of the suspension settings to a circuit as well. Any thoughts? Has anyone done this?

This is why I kinda wanted to start dragging, I have a love for the muscle cars. I already know how to tune up a RWD/FR . I actually would've never tuned the Enzo but thats what gsrboy told me to bring.

Should I stay with the Enzo and bring back out when it's ready? Or do you advise me tuning up one of my muscle cars that I'm more passionate about?

Overall I'm looking to take my transmission settings to a circuit. And want to see if I can apply any of the suspension settings to a circuit as well. Any thoughts? Has anyone done this?

You'll mostly benefit from carrying over your tranny settings. Drag suspensions aren't very useful for circuits.👍

I started with an Enzo. It's relatively easy to tune.

Back