JSTC400 (GT300) Series! Season 1 Races Complete

• Thread starter alefin
  • 2,696 comments

Would you be in favor of including the Toyota MR-S in the series?

• Yes, please include the Toyota MR-S.

Votes: 26 78.8%
  • No, please don't include the Toyota MR-S.

Votes: 7 21.2%

• Total voters
those spec's are super close to the spec's I gained for my GT300 series, there's 2 cars in that list that are different in BHP to mine, by 5-7BHP difference, but the ways of tuning the cars are different,

I think skeng is just plainly fast period.
But the Celica is just so well balanced and extremely fast and quite easy to push in.
=> you get good times and even better times if your base-pace is high.

I think it should get 1180kg and 364bhp.
But if to much adaptions have to be made, just drop her and add the MR-S.
=> still 8 Cars but no real ultra dominant Car.

By the way:
The Spa race was awesome !!!
Cam (Lexus), Skeng (Celica) and me (Lexus) did a great battle. Super hard but fair all the way.
Although skeng spunout and Cam lost a bit during the last Lap.
If the real races are that tight oh boy I´m gona love this series :D

Got disconnected, think I better get some sleep.
Really very slim margin for error here, Im surprised how high the work-rate is.

I'll be online in a little while, practicing for my other series', but later or tomorrow I can do some running if anyone wants. Also please add me to PSN as I'm a steward so I can qualify anyone who needs or wants to.

For the Celica we definitly will run 1180kg, but the decision will be 354hp vs 364hp, which I leave to you guys to decided from your practice sessions? Also if any of you guys can tell me if you think the Lexus was to powerful at 414hp, because the orginal hp rate was 404hp, but we added 10hp for the simple fact that the Lexus at 404hp could draft up the the Rx-7, but could not draft pass the Rx-7 until we added the extra 10hp. I'm going to compare the Rx-7 vs Celica tonight to determine which I hp I think is right. My short track will be Mazda and my long track will be Monza'

Not every car needs to be the same speed on the straights. Some cars will be better around corners (one's with MR layout) so they'll make up for it in tighter tracks. So cars that don't handle as good should be better on fast tracks so they can compete in terms of points overall. The Silvia would be good at 1190kg and around the same power as the Lexus.

freshseth83
Not every car needs to be the same speed on the straights. Some cars will be better around corners (one's with MR layout) so they'll make up for it in tighter tracks. So cars that don't handle as good should be better on fast tracks so they can compete in terms of points overall. The Silvia would be good at 1190kg and around the same power as the Lexus.

Unfornately the Silvia is maxed out at 392hp, which I'm willing to let that car run at to induce more drivers for that chassis. I will be testing several chassis out tomorrow if you are anyone else wants to join?

depending on how many hours away your planning on doing this test, I could help you,

Unfornately the Silvia is maxed out at 392hp, which I'm willing to let that car run at to induce more drivers for that chassis. I will be testing several chassis out tomorrow if you are anyone else wants to join?

Around the same power. I don't think it even needs that much. With a little weight added to it at the rear the balance isn't too bad.

Guys consider using the specs that Wardez posted and also consider dropping the Silvia and replacing it with another car .

If Skeng is 2 seconds slower in the Silvia around a short course like East Montegi, I dont think it can be brought up to spec.

The Lexus is MR but it actually feels rather heavy despite very quick steering.

Lexus isn´t too powerful. We could drop the 10 extra bhp because I think it doesn´t really matter.
At Spa I got drafted pretty heavily from the other Lexus and the Celica. I could run Eau Rouge full throttle at 225-230kph and I had a draft balanced Tranny (longer 6th gear) which helped me a bit.

Drop the Celica and include the MR-S (I voted for the Yes option) or swap the Silvia for the MR-S.
Even with the extra ~10bhp you won´t make up the Time you loose.
2:25 low-mid at Spa for me => 4 seconds off pace (2:21-2:22 are the good laps only the Celica could break /break into the 2:20´s)

Joe's said that the Celica will be at 1180kg, but he's not sure yet if it's going to be 354 or 364 horsepower.

Sad to say that the Silvia is probably still too slow maxed out. Maybe in a future series.

Thanks for everyone's continued feedback.

Let's go with the feedback here, well swap out the Silvia for the MR-s ouch btw, I wanted to see this car on track. The Lexus was originally at 404hp, but we changed it do to the fact that it couldn't draft pass the Rx-7 but we can back it down to 404hp again. And I did base these specs off a combination of Wardez's GATE Series & GTRRL Series. The only other question is in the GATE Series the old school Cusco is lower on hp than the new school Cusco, so do you guys think we should lower the old Cusco down 10hp, raise new Cusco up 10hp, or leave them both right at the hp levels they are at now?

Also let's take a vote on Celica @ 354hp vs 364hp?

I appreciate the work that's gone into the other specs for GATE, GTRRL etc, but since we're using turbos it kind of mixes things up. That said, not sure how to judge the Subaru.

I'll set up the vote for the Celica

Back