Kaz Q&A - what's the point ?

• Thread starter TurismoBad
  • 62 comments

Um. Is this a serious question? If you want him to answer questions, don't allow people to respond to said question. Only allow the question to be posted and only Kaz can answer. Otherwise, you get what you've got at the moment. Dude isn't going to touch that section with a ten foot pole.

I've never been on a forum with people who are so hostile consistently in my life. I'm pretty sure you guys chased off the hand that feeds by 1) asking questions that give off a rude tone or 2) asking a question that has been beaten to death, which is then beaten to death again in the Q&A section with teenagers and grown men alike, arguing with each other. By the time he sees the thread with question x, the thing probably has three pages of arguing. Gee, I wonder why Kaz doesn't get in the middle of it with teenagers and men who are willing to argue with them to answer your questions? What a mystery.
That's a very myopic and misinformed viewpoint you have. If you sort the questions by likes, you'll find the top questions for the most part, are well worded and polite, especially considering the language/cultural differences of some of the posters. On the whole, outside of a few glaring exceptions, I think most people have been well behaved and polite in their questions, and those that weren't, were usually called on it immediately.

As far as the debate in each thread goes, this is the internet. The fact that it isn't full of name calling and swearing is quite a relief from the majority of the internet and the fact that we are moderated, is probably the reason Kaz is willing to come here in the first place. I think we do a fantastic job of policing ourselves to be quite honest, it's the reason I stick around.

Irrelevant? OP asks why won't Kaz just answer said questions, so you get answers.
No. What the OP said was why won't Kaz just answer the questions without making a PR event out of them when they are the exact same questions that have been being asked, repeatedly, for 4 years now. Features Request forum has most of the same things. The old Feedback tab had most of the same things. Actual interviews with Kaz where questions were directly posed have had most of the same things.

No one said anything about making Kaz post on the forums and have people respond to him.

Also, post examples of me saying "I can't believe how this forum is" sort of stuff.
You really should learn when to quit.
Edit - just realized you're the same guy that had a problem with my posts in the Senna content boohoo thread. My apologies for taking the above post somewhat seriously and wasting time writing the below.
I don't aspire to be fantastic at anything on the internet, nor do I care to. You have over ten thousand posts and just about every third is either condemning or hostile as sin. Don't you get tired of being like that? You're right, I am not good at it. That's because I couldn't care any less about wasting much time arguing on the internet...which appears to be what you do all day long. Literally. Look at your post history haha.
This is textbook cupcake generation stuff. Trophies and pizza parties for everyone.
You spent a lot time on your post and presumably the internet, huh? Either way, you clearly feel much stronger than I on this matter. I don't bother with fans who clearly have there heart or feelings into admiring a driver, let alone one that has passed away. It is a waste of time and I could be doing better things, than argue about senna on the web. As soon as I finish taking this dump, I won't give this another thought or care.
How do you come to these conclusions??? Look a few of your posts back in your post history. You're either still in high school or college. It's not a big deal for a college to a get a tv like that, so I'm guessing you are still in high school. And if you're in college, even taking an extra few years...you still wouldn't have known what you were watching at that age. Don't go drawing conclusions from YouTube video clips, movies and other peoples opinions, mang.
I read the thread and responded to a few points, I just didn't quote them. I'm not arguing about it, because it is stupid. Just because someone states their opinion (and the majority of the f1 world/circus), doesn't mean they're looking for an argument ;) I added more to that post as well.

Not sure how that is starting an argument...someone disagreed with my opinion. That's it lol. If he wants to argue, he can go do it with a wall...just not with me, that's all. The silly crap I am not touching.
The scenery doesn't bother me. As long as the new cars are quality (and I feel they are, once setup)...I expect a few things not to be perfect. Like scenery. That is the last thing I care about. The track surface and cars are good.

I haven't seen a single person bitch about the accuracy of scenery on modern tracks. No one complains about the ring, la sarthe, Monaco, etc. Food for thought.
I'm not getting in a stupid senna argument on the internet. Let alone on a gran turismo forum, sparked by his content release. You're entitled to your opinion. Good day.
I have not been here long and you seem to be pretty good at what you're condemning here, but ok. Will duck out of this one.
See? This is the crap I'm talking about. The trees are too big. They'd have definitely been smaller in the 80s. That's got to be a joke. The trees aren't to scale...Hahaha.
You guys want everything and more. It's absurd. Boohoo, the buildings and fences are not to spec. I want the track layout to be perfect and it is. That is what is important.
Like I said, can't get every single thing 100%. You go get over million people looking at something and give them the internet - these are the sorts of tail ends of threads you get.

Look back at this thread. You're high, if you think I'm making a bigger deal of the criticism with a one somewhat lengthy post and couple short for the responses. To be honest, look at your own posts from the past couple days..
The AI sucks anyways and we all know. It's nothing new and silly to complain about. It's like bitching about too much of an ingredient or the lack there of in something that would suck either way. If you want better racing, race online with people know what they're doing, use there mirrors respect blocking rules. Plain and simple.
Maybe in the future, when you wade into a thread where people are discussing something to make an essay-style post that does little beyond say they're totally wrong but you are completely above arguing about it (unlike them, of course), you'll find the time to string together a cognizant argument when they respond to what you say rather than (by direct admission in several cases) read only a few sentences then dismiss the rest as not being worth your time. The sarcastic final word you like to get in also doesn't help your case when you spend more time reaffirming how much better you are for not arguing on the internet than actually defending the thing that made people respond to you in the first place.

Yeah. You're so much better than everyone else on GTP because unlike all those people (who post too much on here, of course), you're only willing to say something intentionally controversial and then refuse to defend it; because you have better things to do with your time (post something else controversial in another thread, presumably) then debate a point that you went out of your way to make. We get it. You don't need to keep reminding us.

Ah, yes. My apologies for either not loving every bit of GT6 nor hating every bit and responding with opinions and observations.

Edit - Now I make sense of your critique. I knew some of that sounded rhetorical. You're one of the people from the senna content thread. I see you still remember and are huffing and puffing about that.

Apology accepted. Don't let it happen again.
Oh, I updated that for you, man. If you have any more arguments that you want to finish with me, let me know. I can see they irk you. Maybe you'll remember more as time goes on.

Pointing out that someone has a clear posting pattern, then providing over a dozen examples of it in action (in only 150 posts!); is not the same thing has holding a grudge against someone for making a fool of themselves (?). That's twice now you've assumed that you refusing to defend something you said in the past is cause for ire for people arguing against you, then used that as an excuse to not actually respond to what someone was saying; and that you're egocentric enough to think that making someone else's case for them would make them angry is truly fascinating.

Pointing out that someone has a clear posting pattern, then providing over a dozen examples of it in action (in only 150 posts!); is not the same thing has holding a grudge against someone for making a fool of themselves (?). That's twice now you've assumed that you refusing to defend something you said in the past is cause for ire for people arguing against you, then used that as an excuse to not actually respond to what someone was saying; and that you're egocentric enough to think that making someone else's case for them would make them angry is truly fascinating.

Idk what to say to that, dude. If you put in a few periods and make one point/insult at a time in that post, it would help. From what it appears you're attempting to string together - that deserves two paragraphs, let alone two sentences. It's just a keyboard finger smashing rant. We get it, you dislike my posts. Sorry, broheim. Will check again later maybe.

Last edited:
@332i - people like you are the reason "ignore" function was created. Just argument-less dribble from an immature person.

"U mad broh" etc etc yeah - we are all so mad....:lol:
Then why haven't you done so and why are you paying attention to my posts enough to respond? Just wanted to get that oh so meaningful "FYI, the ignore function exists, because of people like you". Had to get that in, didn't you :) I have a lot of helpful posts and you guys are welcome think of me as you wish.

There's this statement by @amar212 on neogaf.

"The idea is to keep the Q&A opened for voting for some time in order to filter everything. After that, the questions will be examined by small technical team gathered especially for this occasion and reviewed internally by PD. Kazunori will then prepare answers together with his programming team. It takes time in their current schedule."

Then the PR people will look over it and hand it to the "Spin Doctors" who will then pass it to the legal team. Then the script writers will answer them within the guidelines from above.

So expect long winded, flowery answers that say absolutely nothing relevant and be very noncommittal :-( Also be aware that Kaz will probably natter on about his illustrious racing career and how good he is while telling us to expect even more Nissan Skylines in the game.

Then the PR people will look over it and hand it to the "Spin Doctors" who will then pass it to the legal team. Then the script writers will answer them within the guidelines from above.

So expect long winded, flowery answers that say absolutely nothing relevant and be very noncommittal :-( Also be aware that Kaz will probably natter on about his illustrious racing career and how good he is while telling us to expect even more Nissan Skylines in the game.
Damn straight. I think you have hit the nail on the head.

I will take all vague answers as "No".

Are we getting sound update on PS3 - yes or no and give me a date if yes

Are we getting event creator on PS3 - yes or no and give me a date if yes

etc etc.

I really don't care much about the "story" behind it. (PR spin to sound positive) They should have very clear ideas on what they can do by now.

I have a feeling Kaz/PD might quietly back out of answering the questions. PD/Kaz really can't give straight answers to any of the questions. If they do answer a few of the questions they'll have to be vague and non-committal, which is understandable. If they still don't have the feature set of GT6 working by now they don't want to broadcast that to the world, or if the features were all dropped and not being worked on they can't say that either since those features are still being used to sell GT6.

And then on top of everything the questions will have to be translated to Japanese and then his answers translated back to English, I'm sure a lot of confusion could come out of any mis-translation of questions/answers. I was kind of excited that we might get some actual info from Kaz/PD but the more I think about it I'd just rather be left in the dark at this point. :grumpy: (I don't mean to be grumpy! Sorry! :D )

I have a feeling Kaz/PD might quietly back out of answering the questions. PD/Kaz really can't give straight answers to any of the questions. If they do answer a few of the questions they'll have to be vague and non-committal, which is understandable. If they still don't have the feature set of GT6 working by now they don't want to broadcast that to the world, or if the features were all dropped and not being worked on they can't say that either since those features are still being used to sell GT6.

And then on top of everything the questions will have to be translated to Japanese and then his answers translated back to English, I'm sure a lot of confusion could come out of any mis-translation of questions/answers. I was kind of excited that we might get some actual info from Kaz/PD but the more I think about it I'd just rather be left in the dark at this point. :grumpy: (I don't mean to be grumpy! Sorry! :D )
If this is true, and I don't believe it will be, but if it is, this should be a turning point for the franchise, in the wrong direction. It's one thing to have fans clamouring for answers and getting none. If PD/Kaz have never gone out of their way to make concrete promises and provide answers, you can't just expect it to change because we yammer on about it.

But now the promise is made, now it's different. Now Kaz has said he's coming, so this should mean concrete answers. If he fails to show, or gives the usual vague, non-committal responses, then you know you'll never get clear communication from PD unless they're selling you something...and even then not so much.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

^ Agreed
If what CeeJay said was really the case that would be a monumental fail. It's one thing to give us vague time frames on release dates for promised features. But if you say you're going to answer questions, know what the people are saying about the game and what the top questions are (he knew these things before even offering to doing the Q&A)...to come along and give us nothing again??? That wouldn't fly in anyone's books.

PD/Kaz/whoever would not agree to the Q&A if they weren't going to give us at least some concrete answer to the questions we crave answers to, period. Even if that answer is not what we want. ie "you won't be getting the course editor" (which would really suck but at least we would know and be able to stop bitching about it)

The length of time reported that it will take him to respond is vague too so we should just wait patiently, he will get to this eventually.

I'm asking then, why not simply provide statements addressing those issues/requests/questions instead of the Q&A that was expectantly filled with the same old stuff ?
It appears that the development team want to foster a community/developer relationship, rather than just putting out statements. Step 1 is to find out what the community most want to know about and answer those things more directly, dialogue style.

Of course there's a few caveats. First, they have to get an accurate picture of what the community wants - that means leaving it open to voting for some time before answering. Then there'll be some things they just can't answer - contracts and NDAs may preclude answers, while some answers regarding future developments might be unavailable through Sony wanting to protect their IP from imitation until release, so everyone else has to play catch up.

Once that's done, all that's needed is a translation into Japanese - so that the various department heads who are best-placed to provide certain technical or design answers can address it - a pass through a legal team and any PR representatives, rewrites if necessary, a translation back into English, a pass through another legal team and Sony PR representatives, more rewrites if necessary and then someone (and I don't know who or how) to send GTP the approved answers to the approved questions.

Personally, I'm more interested in the fact that PD want to create a consumer/producer relationship and that they want to do it with GTPlanet than the contents of the questions and answers themselves.

Personally, I'm more interested in the fact that PD want to create a consumer/producer relationship and that they want to do it with GTPlanet than the contents of the questions and answers themselves.

As we all are but can you really see it happening?

What a thankless job it will be for someone. They will have to be very careful and not reveal "sensitive" inside information that the opposition could react to or content that may not come to fruition and then be the recipient of the abuse generated from all the disgruntled GT players.

It will obviously be a full time job for an administrator or possibly PD will demand that they be allowed to be the admin for that forum? I can see it devolving into a mob lynching if it is not dome very carefully. You do not want this site to turn into a conduit for abuse from players to PD.

IMHO the hope for open dialogue with PD is approaching winning the lottery type chances, I'm afraid to say :-(

As a suggestion, perhaps you nominate 3-5 admins that have the questions and any replies channelled through them only. Then they are the only direct contact with the PD representative and act as a filter for the site. May work (shrug). It would definitely stop a lot of members being banned for abuse ;-)

@TT92 - As I have no idea how any of the answers part of the Q&A will work, I'll skip the assumptions and theoreticals. I will, however, address this:
It would definitely stop a lot of members being banned for abuse ;-)
Simply put, if people can't conduct themselves with a modicum of civility, they really have no place on GTPlanet. I'm not suggesting that it needs to be all S'mores and Kumbaya by the campfire; disagree with someone to your hearts content. But do it with facts and without resorting to abuse lest we be forced to show you the door.

2 weeks since last entry on pit-stop and a "bit" more since last entry related to our questions.

Can we have an update on this ? A lot of people invested their time to write the questions, treating the thing seriously.

As it is now the Q&A is a farce.

Unless Kaz himself posts here and gives you an update there's nothing anyone here can tell you. Just in case it wasn't obvious enough, the Q&A getting the answers depends entirely on him.

Unless Kaz himself posts here and gives you an update there's nothing anyone here can tell you. Just in case it wasn't obvious enough, the Q&A getting the answers depends entirely on him.

Nope - you're wrong. Site owner or members of staff are in contact with PD and maybe know where the Q&A stands. If they weren't the Q&A wouldn't be created in the first place.

Well... we can't update you on it, no. Nobody here has Kazunori's ear!

Kazunori and some other members of the PD team were in Europe recently attending GTAcademy so that may have caused a hiatus. Translator-san confirmed to me he'd translated some of the questions, so it's likely to be a case of wait and see.

Remember that the answers won't just require Kazunori's attention - it will need other members of the crew - and they'll probably have to be floated past the Sony lawyers first!

Back