Lamborghini Asterion Concept

• Thread starter JMoney
  • 176 comments
I think the Estoque is the most appropriate idea. It'll harken back to their first car which was front engined and the Espada. Both it and the Urus are stunning gorgeous and radical so I'd be happy with either one.

It looks more like a 2+2 coupe to me.
Something like a Urraco

lambo.jpg

If it is an Estoque it might share a platform with the Panamera. That wouldn't make much sense for VAG to have an inter-brand rivalry though.

I'd rather see a 2+2. Something to go against the FF, that way Lamborghini and Ferrari can actually compete again.

If it is an Estoque it might share a platform with the Panamera. That wouldn't make much sense for VAG to have an inter-brand rivalry though.
In company that large it's quite hard to prevent inter-brand rivalries, and it feels like they aren't even trying. Volkswagen vs Skoda vs Seat, upper spec VW vs lower spec Audi, Audi A8 vs Bentley Continental, Audi R8 vs Porsche 911 vs Lamborghini Gallardo, are just beginning of rivalries between VAG brands.

A8 vs Phaeoton vs Bentley Continental
Octavia vs Passat
CC vs A5 Sportback vs A4
Golf vs Leon vs Fabia vs A3
Q7 vs Cayenne vs Toureg
R8 vs Gallardo
A7 vs Panamera
TT S vs Cayman

(and of course audis always come on top)

@JMoney689

I guess you`re from the Porsche faction. Hehe, np mate. Its not your fault that Porsche even gets beaten by Audi at building race cars now... :D

Just joking. Eventhough I think that the A3 and A8 are superior to their siblings. Lamborghini is untouchable of course.

It can't be an Espada. The company has stated they're not in the business of retro-designing, else the Miura Concept would have been green lit.

@JMoney689

I guess you`re from the Porsche faction. Hehe, np mate. Its not your fault that Porsche even gets beaten by Audi at building race cars now... :D

Just watch the GT classes and watch the 911 dominate ;). Next year they'll work out the issues with the 919 and beat Audi.

Apparantly the name "Asterion" has been trademarked extensively by Lamborghini, as well as a logo in hexagon letters with a lightning bolt through the "o". In greek mythology, an asterion is half man, half bull. These hints have led some to believe that Lamborghini is unvieling a hybrid.

I hope not.

From what insiders have gathered, it's just a concept to gauge the public's reaction & has no current plans for production. The current schedule shows another 2 years before a new model fits in.

It can't be an Espada. The company has stated they're not in the business of retro-designing, else the Miura Concept would have been green lit.

If there was any car in history which should have been green lit that was one of them.

The only rivalry would be on magazine pages. Very few people would cross shop those cars.

lambo-preview-png.225967

Captain obvious says its a four door hybrid hatchback with Ferrari FF type of styling and a Aston Martin Rapide competitor.

Back