Le Mans WTC700 30 mins?

• Thread starter phatfat34
  • 284 comments
Got some redemption today... did my usual switch tires after lap 2 and changed to intermediate...it started to drizzle and then really pour... after lap 4 I switched my tires again to intermediate and got gas... I just wanted to make sure I was good to finish the race... I was up ahead by so much I was able to camp out at the finish line at the end of lap 6 and won... I was worried because my connection was terrible and didnt let me exit to collect my money but exited the game and went back in and my money was there and daily ticket thank goodness lol

Got my latest Best Motoring notification.

After reading what Tsuchiya says in the end about the NISMO, bought a white NISMO & GT-R ‘17(already have a red NISMO and red GT-R ‘17). Purchased IW, slapped on RH and entered the race.
1665779110682.png

Stock tune. The PP jumps from 617 to 646. 591BHP and I know it’ll top out higher than the Vette and Viper, I was picking off cars early on. FM1 and shifting at about 6250rpm. Was on for 2 Laps of fuel per stint. Then, yellow rain covering the radar. Just in time to pit at Lap 2 and 11 seconds behind the P1 Swift.
NSX, Mustang and I guess some other behind, pit as well. Got The lead before Mulsanne and kept a 42 second gap until switching for RH on Lap 5.

The Vantage was 24 seconds behind when I exited the pits. It was then 28 seconds behind at the Porsche Curves with about a minute remaining. Couldn’t chance waiting at the line if the Vantage had pit already. Plus, the NSX was in 3rd.
Anyway, the Vantage pits :rolleyes: So do ALL the cars! The NSX actually had full wets on, after Pitting when I switched to RH. So silly.

Not sure how it would have panned out in full dry conditions, but the R35 NISMO GT-R was perfect - in this race(thanks to the deluge :)). Even with its heft, had to take care when braking from high speeds. Lifted before the first brake marker and shaved off speed gradually. Very smooth car. It’ll probably make a better Gr.4 car with less weight and some carbon brakes, than the Gr.4 GT-R. Could call it GT2 spec.

They seem to have changed the PP settings for the Quattro

Before I was having to detune it to be on the 700PP limit, now maxed it sits at 693PP.

I hit a 3.58 best lap and (for the first time) completed 7 laps in just over 30 mins. Before 7 laps would be more like 31 mins. I had to slow down on lap 7 or it would have meant an 8th lap! There was no rain at all.

It easily hits 200 on the straights, accelerates like a greased weasel and sticks to the road

Two pit stops - end of lap 3 and lap 5. Most of the race on FM1, did maybe half a lap at FM3 for caution.

The car is so quick there's no need to hope for bad weather to make the race 6 laps like before.

Last edited:
Fully tuned NSX Type R '92 does a great job in this race. Even with FM6, it shreds on Mulsanne. Fastest lap was 4:14:xxx which I think is decent, at the hands of the pros it could be even less.

Also I'm surprised the GT40 has great fuel economy even at FM1. The car also handles smoothly.

Last edited:
I tested like 50 road cars on this track, to grind credits. I think the best is the RX7 with the 787B engine since you don't need take care about the fuel. So only keep an eye on the weather radar...

That car can keep Goodyear in business, though, lol.

F12 is sweet. FM6 will yield 4 laps of fuel. shifting at 7100rpm. No need to top out with full revs. The downforce and supreme brakes make it one the most stable road cars I’ve driven. Light blue rain didn’t slow it down. The 12 cylinder makes it too easy. It’s a cruiser like the ZR-1.
When I pit, it was on .8 laps left. Tyres were 1/4 worn. Could have left them, but changed to fresh rubber. Filled up and it gave me 4.4 laps. Cruised on FM6 and nailed it on the last lap with 2 laps in the tank. Burned the fuel to .1 laps at the line. Set that fastest time even slowing down for the final chicanes. Very nice car.
6B0FFC26-96EA-4E9D-B7E4-DBA925FB073C.jpeg
FC251A03-F3E0-4B6F-87F3-2E50EBFEE22B.jpeg
AD455A5D-69F7-46B7-B102-2879DC3FCE05.jpeg
20E74C73-BDB5-41B8-8E55-1E4ACEC51B73.jpeg

Thank all who are sharing their setups in this thread as I have been busy with family, will try to add more setups in time...

Nope. Just run 7 laps as fast as you can. If there's still time on the clock, wait near the line. The 787b works well here and this can be won with quite a few road cars. I've won it with the Ford Roadster and the Trans Am plus a number of race cars. Your earliest bet is with the Red Bull Junior, IM tires, and one stop.

I only been using the rsr Porsche I can 1 pit stop the race and that's good cause I hate the red letters of please refuel message in the middle of my screen.

:mad:

Last edited:
My settings are not really special just enough to get the car down to 699pp

My race strategy is I start in fm1 till I pass everyone and then switch to fm5 and do some coasting to save fuel and tires since its a time race I like my laps to be as slow as possible but enough to stay in front of the AI. :)
Gran Turismo® 7_20230206172444.jpg

Has the WTC 700 been nerfed?

What do you mean by nerfed? For me, it’s just as easy with the same payout and pretty much impossible to loose CRB!
The only "nerf" is the PP calculation adjustments make you detune even more (on power and weight) some OP cars like the Mazda 787B, so they are slightly slower, but is just a small fraction of the big advantage they let you build.

I'm getting to like the 7th lap. No traffic and usually a dry track. I'll pit for tires and fuel on the fifth lap. I'll just cruise around on the 6th lap and make the 7th a hero lap.
It depends on the rain whether you can avoid the 7th lap. If the AI manages to cross the line before the 30 minutes are gone, you will have to do the extra lap to win.

Why would you avoid the 'hot lap'? I'm disappointed when I don't get to L7.
Well once you get pass the 10 million times doing this race you kinda look for ways to make it shorter and adding that 7th lap means the timer will be over 32 minutes when you cross the finish line. :)

Last edited:
Well once you get pass the 10 million times doing this race you kinda look for ways to make it shorter and adding that 7th lap means the timer will be over 32 minutes when you cross the finish line. :)
Right, and after 10M times all I want to do is turn my best lap possible. That is most easily accomplished on L7.

Back