Let's try this..

• Thread starter EliteDoom
  • 96 comments

Which car should we send around the world?

• Total voters

EliteDoom

:O
Premium
England
Hertfordshire
EliteDoom
Basically, what we are going to do here is get a car, which you can vote for in the above poll, and I will take a picture of it on the closest track to me. then I will send that car to the next person, who take a picture of it on the closest track to them, and so on. If you want to sign up, then just leave a comment and your PSN.

Here be ye names, people who signed up!!

shem:Chongquing,China PSN: blackboxshem_GTP
andy63: Vetlanda,Sweden PSN:ghoztmazta
Gazza25032: Norwich, UK PSN:Proffessorfrink
MNLumberjack: St Paul, Minnesota PSN:MNLumberjack
Moontallico: Lisboa PSN: Moontallico
Bellarous:Scotland PSN:Bellarous
hsdioce: Cypress,Texas PSN: harneal
G1lly: Northern England PSN:GILLYBADMUTHA
formulac: Boyds, Maryland PSN: Formulac
Divinus:Porto PSN: Divinusable
Corpsey: Ontario, Canada PSN:IGTRBYASYUYA
Abraxas:Wroclaw,Poland PSN:GTP_Abraxas
PAWEL17: Australia PSN:PAWEL17
Inferno251 Sydney, New South Wales, Australia PSN: GTP_Inferno
GoSpeedGo88: West Bend, Wisconsin PSN: GoSpeedGo88
tinker: Aarhus, Denmark PSN: kloewe
samie57: Florida PSN: samie57
danjee: Bay Area, California PSN: Clivus11
SmittMan: Suffolk, England PSN: theirishman1234
peterjford: Orange County, California PSN: GTP_Im_Sorry
Anyone else?

Last edited:
Maybe it should be something along the lines of selecting a crappy standard car and it has to pass through 10 people who have to apply at least 1 modification. Then you take another car that is exactly the same and repeat the process only this time with different people. Then ???? Then Profit.

Right, I'm back.

Maybe it should be something along the lines of selecting a crappy standard car and it has to pass through 10 people who have to apply at least 1 modification. Then you take another car that is exactly the same and repeat the process only this time with different people. Then ???? Then Profit.

Hmm.. what about a Pagani Zonda? Not the R.

I think we should combine the ideas. We have a Zonda, as suggested by counter345, but we have a modification added on, as suggested by 95GTIVR6. I think, however, we should do more than 10 people, so we get as many as we can from as many different countries as we can.BTW, C12, C12S or 7.3, and which colour/tune? I've got some cash and paints to spend.

Last edited:
I'm in on this! You should choose a track and whoever has the car should set a time and post it on here after they have sent it on!

Psn: proffessrofrink

The only issue with adding parts and having the car go to anyone is that eventually the vehicle will get maxed out, which I guess is the point. And wouldn't you want to be one of the lucky ones who gets to spend the mere 250 Cr. on the sport filter.

But once the car has been passed around, then what?

What is the motivation for the next person to gift the car?

Just a few questions.

That's why we should have a track, maybe we could go without the parts being added, instead start mildly tuned and each person can make set-up adjustments to try and get the fastest time.

That's why we should have a track, maybe we could go without the parts being added, instead start mildly tuned and each person can make set-up adjustments to try and get the fastest time.

That sounds like a good plan. I have some tunes that I have creates that don't over-modify the cars and I personally believe that some can be used as I will continue to add more.

They allow for some tuning changes but are really meant for Club style racing where all the modifications are equal, leaving just the driver skill and tuning specs to differentiate.

There are plenty of tunes out there though.

I like the track idea, maybe we need to devote a specific thread to this once we come up with some rules.

I had an idea like this before: someone makes a goofy, unique car (i.e. gold Fiat 500), takes a photo of it, posts the photo on GTP, and sends it to another person. Some thread could keep a list of all the places the car has been. It's also where people could post their photo.

Any salvageable ideas there, perhaps the photo?

That's good. I'll try and get all the times down, if we do that, the only thing is that it might get a bit unfair if the car gets broken in. Maybe we should have a rule that we have to do an oil change and engine rebuild every, say, 5 people?

I dont think oil will be as big of a factor, especially if we all just take it lightheartedly. There will be gaps in driver skill as with any car (personally, I can drive the piss out of a FWD car but I dont like to drive 4WD cars).

I do like the stock car idea because it give a fair advantage for everyone.

Maybe we need to set up the "GTP Traveling Car Queue" and have a different car every month and have people sign-up, that way we know where the car is and where it is supposed to be.

danjee
I had an idea like this before: someone makes a goofy, unique car (i.e. gold Fiat 500), takes a photo of it, posts the photo on GTP, and sends it to another person. Some thread could keep a list of all the places the car has been. It's also where people could post their photo.

+1 👍

Very good idea, something like a thread as photo album of the car of the community is very well though. Also having bellow each photo the name, country and the time made with the car (on a track chosen in this thread), of the user who took the photo.

Edit: Please, add me to this event.

Last edited:
I love the idea. One track to set time is cool, but I'd like to see where people will take this travelling car, so photos should be allowed in every location (1 per user). Also we should keep it stock.
Just my opinion :)

I think this is a really awesome idea :)

I think you should make it so that everybody has to take a photo of them driving the car, and then at the end you could make an epic collage of all the photos. As for the car itself, I think it should be a premium car that's nice to look at and relaxing to drive. Some sort of epic grand tourer. Like a DB9 or a Ferrari California :)

How about the user only running it on a track in his home continent and taking the picture there? Or probably the nearest track from their location? Like Indy or Daytona for people in North America, and Suzuka or Fuji for people in Asia?

Another suggestion... let's track the mileage the car has run, so we really need a 0km car to start out with.

How about the user only running it on a track in his home continent and taking the picture there? Or probably the nearest track from their location? Like Indy or Daytona for people in North America, and Suzuka or Fuji for people in Asia?
But then all the 'Original Courses' would be left out. As far as I can tell, no one lives in the PD universe...

Back