Lexus IS F CCS-R '11 One Lap Time Trial: Nürburgring 24H

• Thread starter JogoAsobi
  • 424 comments
I actually found this one a bit challenging due to the car itself. Gearing is a bit too long amongst other things, but hey, we all have our different styles and preferences! It took me about 6 tries at it including my DQ's, first legal run was a Silver time, second legal run was 0.075 off the Gold time :banghead: and then finally gold, but just by 0.818 under the time. I had bought the car before I knew of this TT and it feels different somehow... probably just me though! At least my streak for golds is still going lol. Won't be doing it again, but was glad to try it out.

Cheers

This event was actually quite fun for me. :)

My first run got me a 9:02 which was me being slightly less aggressive due to running the risk of being DQ'd.

Second run was a 8:58.970 with me being more aggressive with the car and the track boundaries.

Restarts on this one are the definition of frustration! And after 9 minutes of torture all I get is $200,000 & a blasted paint chip!

RING LAPS!!!!!!11!!!!11

9:04 over here. I can do faster if I have my ghost, I know I can but can't be bothered to do so as I'm quite mistake prone. That IS-F sure is dreamy :embarrassed:

8:59.2 1st lap i hate this car and im not trying in this seasonal ill mabe will at the end but i really hate the car o know i can do a 8:55 if i tryed but no point ill just do the VW VGT time trail

Last edited:
Golded the Sarthe one in a couple of runs, but this one...it's giving me a bit of a hard time.

1. I'm a doofus.
2. Who the 🤬 thought an 8 speed transmission would be a good idea? 7 is already plenty, but 8??? It's got not one but TWO gears for economy driving and nothing else. I screw most of the corners thinking "2nd? Or 3rd? Or 4th?" and always end up in the wrong one...because each one feels like the wrong one :lol:.
3. The Nurburgring is an irony to me. The Nordschleife is the single best track in the entire game and I adore it to the point that I wouldn't mind if it was the only one. On the other hand, Nurburgring GP, the track connected to it, is the single piece of circle tarmac I loathe the most. Why, oh why, does it even have to exist? It's awful and I can never get it right, mainly because I'm busy mumbling how much I hate it.
4. I'm a talentless doofus.

Still only 2 secs off gold in my fastest run, so there's hope! :D

Is this even worth doing? I'll never forget the time I missed gold 3 times on the Ford GT race by 2 seconds or less. Night time, hardest track in the game, and worst of all I don't even get the car :mad:

Thanks to this new seasonal I've gained a new appreciation for the least exciting car added yesterday. It feels amazing.

Is this even worth doing? I'll never forget the time I missed gold 3 times on the Ford GT race by 2 seconds or less. Night time, hardest track in the game, and worst of all I don't even get the car :mad:

If you can get gold and providing you have the max log in bonus, you'll be able buy the ISF CCS and still have quite a bit of the pay out still left. :)

Take it from someone who was a bit strapped for cash, it's worth it. :lol:

TBH I find it boring. The car feels slow, sluggish and a bit 'sticky' in handling (but OTOH not very grippy, odd).

Failed many time for going out of the track, 2 or 3 times at Klostertal. The spring rate of this car must be very stiff. I'm pushed into the air and lost traction by the bump just in fornt this high speed bend. I know this bump, but the effect on this car is beyond my expectation.

Got silver at the first finished lap, and golded at the next by just 0.5 sec. I'm done. No interest in doing more.

For this event, you have to be familiar with this track, of course. And the next most important is patience, not skill. It's just too long for 'hot lap'.

Last edited:
No idea why I didn't do this one with the DS3, I think I dislocated every joint in my upper body and had to retighten the wheel screw things on every straightaway, lol. I don't think I have used the wheel on Nurburgring since GT5, and now I remember why. 9:01.249 on my first and last lap.

8:59.2 1st lap i hate this car and im not trying in this seasonal ill mabe will at the end but i really hate the car o know i can do a 8:55 if i tryed but no point ill just do the VW VGT time trail

what1.gif

Last edited:
This is a very lenient time trial, i think. I span out twice (miraculously not DQing) and clocked at 9:25 on my first go.

Will try again later.

I had a good run going. The car felt alright. A little more understeery than I'd like, but aside from those really tight corners after the start that are a bit of a pain to deal with anyway, there weren't any corners along the track that made me curse the car's handling. I was enjoying myself, driving the 'Ring, something I hadn't done in a while. I was flying through it and knew for a fact that I was going to get gold.

Then, right on Galgenkoph, I turn in too early, nail the curb, upset the balance of the car and nail the guardrail on the other side of the track, ending my lap. I try again and again, only to screw up on corners that I easily flew by on the first run. I'm taking a break from this, and I'll probably try again tomorrow. Such a disappointing stride-breaker though.

I did find it kinda funny that there's a whole mess of spectators camping out on the side of the track to watch one car do one lap of the track though. Just randomly occurred to me when I was passing through the opening section of the Nordschleife.
They heard you were coming, Thrasher.

No, not at all. I just don't like hot lapping at either of these two tracks, let alone with time change. Just not my cup of tea. I wouldn't mind Sarth so much, but I just don't like driving at night, even if it is only for a short part of it.
You don't like the 'Ring? It's the best track in the world, has everything. Crikey.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nordschleife, I like it partially. Challenging and also enjoyable with right cars in free running. For racing, it's too narrow and too dangerous. At night? even more dangerous of course.

GP, I don't like it. Too many 'unatural' sharp corners, bad rhythm.

I`m a DS3 user and hearing you guys register 9.xx.xx times is mind boggling for me.

Any way i managed to lap the Nurb good enough to get a silver time of 9.20.725 and then disaster: every other attempt since then, roughly 2 hours, I tried to beat my time and succeded in having almost 4 sec in advance to my ghost.

Needless to say that I screwed it up every. single. time.
:banghead: :mad: 🤬
I dont have the patience to go back, have mercy oh mighty Nurb...

I`m a DS3 user and hearing you guys register 9.xx.xx times is mind boggling for me.

Any way i managed to lap the Nurb good enough to get a silver time of 9.20.725 and then disaster: every other attempt since then, roughly 2 hours, I tried to beat my time and succeded in having almost 4 sec in advance to my ghost.

Needless to say that I screwed it up every. single. time.
:banghead: :mad: 🤬
I dont have the patience to go back, have mercy oh mighty Nurb...
Turn your brain off - and you'll make it :) Stay calm and push!

Lexus IS F CCS-R '11 One Lap Time Trial: Nürburgring 24H

View attachment 173020

Period of Availability: 06/19/2014 – 07/17/2014, 3:00 GMT/UTC
Ratings Registration: 06/19/2014 – 07/03/2014, 3:00 GMT/UTC
Click here to convert 3:00 GMT/UTC to your local time

Times:
Bronze: 11:00.000
Silver: 9:35.000
Gold: 9:20.000

Prizes:
Bronze: Cr.80,000
Silver: Cr.130,000
Gold: Cr.200,000 + Arancia Metallic Orange paint chip.

Courtesy car: Lexus IS F CCS-R '11.
Tires: RH, Specs: 519 PP/417 HP/--KG.

SRF is forced OFF (grayed out) in Driving Options menu.
Brake Bias is set to 5/5, not adjustable via RA menu.

Tunes:
Not Applicable to event.

Course Conditions:
Time: 01:32
Precipitation: 0%
Track: Nürburgring 24H

View attachment 173024

Onboard Nürburgring Nordschleife - Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (Guided Lap)

Lexus IS F CCS-R Overview and Track Test w/Ken Gushi

----------------------------------------------

:gtpflag:Finally, after countless hours i manage to get gold, with my controller i manage to get 9:16.749 and i'm in shock by manage to get a time like that, for 5 hours or more, i was not able to get below 9:21.650 but suddenly all my struggle paid off.

Last edited:
:gtpflag:Finally, after countless hours i manage to get gold, with my controller i manage to get 9:16.749 and i'm in shock by manage to get a time like that, for 5 hours or more, i was not able to get below 9:21.650 but suddenly all my struggle paid off.

Good job, I hope I`ll follow you soon, and thx for the advice MacGyver.

Back