Lexus IS F CCS-R '11 One Lap Time Trial: Nürburgring 24H

• Thread starter JogoAsobi
  • 424 comments
This one was lots of fun... with a stock CCS-R I practiced by playing the International B midnight Nurburgring 24h and the Super Nurburgring 24 minute challenge to get use to the course pacing... It helped a lot, I brought my time down 10 seconds from my initiat outing.

Too long, too demanding for too little reward. The out-of-track disqualification is really unneccessary in my opinion. There wasn't any in the GT40 event, why put one here? Just put the damn cones in the potential cut areas like in the formentioned event and that settles it. Even if it was only for placebo effect, it'd be bloody easier not to think about getting off the track while pushing hard on minute 9. Tried a couple of times, a few DQ's, finally did a complete lap to find out I'm way too slow for gold. Fear of DQ slows me down.
Not worth the trouble.
I was disqualified twice just for touching the grass..both times at around 7-8 minutes in...think I'll give it a break for now.

Golded the Le Mans event at the first attempt. Piece of cake. Especially given that I hardly ever drive on that track.

I'm 3/10ths off Gold at the Nurburgring though. It's the GP track, I don't run on it enough to get good times on it.

Edit. Beat it by 9/10ths. Nice combo I think. Lots of fun to drive stock.

Last edited:
Hello everyone!

There are some people in here, that in the Seasonal Events run with 2-3, even more, profiles.

I will start with a typical case of CRANK_U1 and Don_One79, the same person with two accounts, which in previous editions with Suzuki in Apricot Hill Race way, made two times very high in the rankings. He was 1th and 32th. Now in Madrid he is still running with these two accounts, and he is 27th and 33th by now!

Another classic case is the OTS_SAW-IV and OTS_moh and, very possibly, with a third account as THC_CP-E

I want to ask you:
Why don’t you choose only one account, of the many, in each event?
Is it right?
Do you think that in this way your country is better advertised?
Why are you still doing this?
Do you know that you injustice thousands at a time world in the world, where all the remaining “clean” players are struggling for a good position in the rankings?
Do you respect all these guys?
If someone finished in the 100th position, is this his true position? Or he could be 3, 5, 10 or more places higher?
Would you love to do this to you?
Can you finally stop this injustice?

Do you know about the FAIR PLAY??? If not, you can read it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sportsmanship

All these are not just for these two people, but also for those from other countries using the same tactics!

Also, I write all these because I feel underprivileged.

I think we can have a clean Leaderboards. It is up to us!

Good job, I hope I`ll follow you soon, and thx for the advice MacGyver.

I think you will, good advice from McGyver.
What helped me was, i started a new round without ghost and red split time, because it was frusterating to not be able to catch up to my own ghost. Keep your eyes on the track, don't mind the time or speed, just focus on getting to the finnish line.

Here is my driving options for controller:

Transmission: Automat
Tyres: Racing Hard (Default)
Driving Line: On (It helps alot ;) )
Blind Spot Indicator: On (Not helping at all :rolleyes: )
Traction Control: 5 (Slows you down, but the car has better grip and it prevent you from being like this :scared: )
Active Stabillity Management: Off (Just slowing you even more :banghead: )
ABS: 10 ( :confused: Yes 10 it help you so you can have higher speed in corners)
Controller Steering Sensitivity: 0

Last edited:
I think you will, good advice from McGyver.
What helped me was, i started a new round without ghost and red split time, because it was frusterating to not be able to catch up to my own ghost. Keep your eyes on the track, don't mind the time or speed, just focus on getting to the finnish line.

Here is my driving options for controller:

Transmission: Automat
Tyres: Racing Hard (Default)
Driving Line: On (It helps alot
;) )
Blind Spot Indicator: On (Not helping at all
:rolleyes: )
Traction Control: 5 (Slows you down, but the car has better grip and it prevent you from being like this
:scared: )
Active Stabillity Management: Off (Just slowing you even more
:banghead: )
ABS: 10 (
:confused: Yes 10 it help you so you can have higher speed in corners)
Controller Steering Sensitivity: 0

Yes, the ghost can be distracting, and seeing that you`re behind only bothers me. I think keaving it for tomorrow will help my brain sort it out and tomorrow i will gold it for sure.

Hmm, I always run ABS 1 and driving line (bad habit I know) on every car in the game, no matter the challenge. I wasn`t aware ABS can help in cornering. Will come back and give feedback
;)

Yes, the ghost can be distracting, and seeing that you`re behind only bothers me. I think keaving it for tomorrow will help my brain sort it out and tomorrow i will gold it for sure.

Hmm, I always run ABS 1 and driving line (bad habit I know) on every car in the game, no matter the challenge. I wasn`t aware ABS can help in cornering. Will come back and give feedback
;)

I have always had the ABS set to 1 and i'm allways using the driving line, but i was struggling with getting gold on GT Academy round 4 with ABS on 1, after 15 hours and so, i had to try some changes in the driving options, so just for fun i tried with ABS on 10 and after 5-10 laps i manage to get gold, so from here on, if i struggle with a race or time trail i will increase the ABS to 10. By the way, the driving line is not a bad habit, it is a very good and useful tool for many of us ;)

Last edited:
Got 3 soft disqualifications in a row, grrrrrr :banghead: What makes it worse is that I'm normally actually quite quick around the Nordschleife. It took me a while to readjust to a car that doesn't try flinging you into the kitty litter at the exit of each corner as well :lol:

Got 3 soft disqualifications in a row, grrrrrr :banghead: What makes it worse is that I'm normally actually quite quick around the Nordschleife. It took me a while to readjust to a car that doesn't try flinging you into the kitty litter at the exit of each corner as well :lol:

Just keep trying, it took me almost 11 hours :yuck: (driving time) before i got gold and i almost went :mad: But when i finally manage to get gold, i was like this :gtpflag::lol: :)

Gave this a go today and started off with about 5-6 DQ'd attempts, the first DQ time was around the 5 minute mark and then with each successive DQ'd attempt I was at about 30 seconds or so further into the lap than the previous try. After much annoyance :irked: and cursing 🤬 I managed to run a clean lap for silver at 9:24.xxx ..... :boggled: :crazy: Not good enough. :indiff: :nervous:

I knew that I had to push harder to keep in front of my ghost and extend the gap enough and 2-3 more DQ's later I ran my second clean lap for Gold at 9:19.205. :D I'm in no hurry to place a better time for now but may have another go at it some point before the registration time ends.

Well, just out of sheer boredom and to take a break from experimenting with camber, I decided to give this a try. After about 8 laps, I finally was able to Gold it with a time of 9:18.894.....a very poor time indeed, but good enough for that damn paint chip. :lol: Now, I must admit, I did rather enjoy myself, more so than I thought I would, but I doubt I'll put any serious time into this. Oh, I may come back if a certain someone starts getting close to my time :lol:, but even then, its just going to depend on I feel at the time. So, here is your chance "D", take it and run with it. ;)

Now, while I'm feeling adventurous, I guess I'll go and try the other one. Just for the paint chip of course.

Hi guys, this is my first post, this is the best website gran turismo.unhesitatingly....I leave an interesting video

hope you like

:cheers: Welcome to GTplanet. nicely driven and very fast, great video. With time of 8:5X.XXX i hope for my own sake that you are using wheel and not a controller? ;)

Horrible handling! I gave up after spinning out a couple of times. They need to lessen the penalties on long tracks like the Ring and La Sarthe. Just when you think you're about to post a good lap, you're out and it's a waste of time. :(

Had 1 lap - managed a Silver - 9 seconds off gold.
Car was nice enough but not as planted as I thought, and I got a bit crossed up at Flugplatz which may have calmed me down for the rest of the lap... I was nagging myself that I could have gone faster at 9 out of 10 corners plenty of scope to find more time.

Time change - Very nice sunrise into Ex-Muhle - Flip down those Ray Bans(*) on the run to Lauda Links - Classy.
But I'd prefer it to be real speed environment time change - Hope we don't get these condensed effects for the weather too (English - Had to devolve to Weather chatter) evil super showers that soak the track in 3 seconds flat then keep going for 50 more seconds of monsoon proportions, before slowly drying out over a period of 10 seconds.

Enjoyed it though - but I knew a quick repeat and I would have been grumpy about the speedy sunrise. Just need to nail a few of those critical leading corners 10 seconds or so to get... how hard can it be! If I don't muck about at Flugplatz I'll gain 4-5 seconds alone by not going sideways and coming to a virtual stop in the middle of the track.

(*)(Other brands of sunglasses are available)

Well, just out of sheer boredom and to take a break from experimenting with camber, I decided to give this a try. After about 8 laps, I finally was able to Gold it with a time of 9:18.894.....a very poor time indeed, but good enough for that damn paint chip. :lol: Now, I must admit, I did rather enjoy myself, more so than I thought I would, but I doubt I'll put any serious time into this. Oh, I may come back if a certain someone starts getting close to my time :lol:, but even then, its just going to depend on I feel at the time. So, here is your chance "D", take it and run with it. ;)

Now, while I'm feeling adventurous, I guess I'll go and try the other one. Just for the paint chip of course.

Glad to see you took up the Nurburgring challenge. Doubt I'll come as close to you on this one though as I have on some of the others. If only this car had better brakes.

Glad to see you took up the Nurburgring challenge. Doubt I'll come as close to you on this one though as I have on some of the others. If only this car had better brakes.

Yea, not the best of handing cars, but its not too bad once you get used to it. I found that you need to brake and turn in earlier than you think. If you turn in earlier, by the time the thing actually turns, you should be good in the turn. 👍

Ugh...This is the first time that I read the seasonal post on GTPlanet BEFORE attempting the event. I was so worried about touching grass, or the top of a curb that my 1st lap time was 10:03.705!!! Oh, the shame... I kept reading about the DQ's and drove my car with white knuckles. Well, back at it...

Hello everyone!

There are some people in here, that in the Seasonal Events run with 2-3, even more, profiles.

I will start with a typical case of CRANK_U1 and Don_One79, the same person with two accounts, which in previous editions with Suzuki in Apricot Hill Race way, made two times very high in the rankings. He was 1th and 32th. Now in Madrid he is still running with these two accounts, and he is 27th and 33th by now!

Another classic case is the OTS_SAW-IV and OTS_moh and, very possibly, with a third account as THC_CP-E

I want to ask you:
Why don’t you choose only one account, of the many, in each event?
Is it right?
Do you think that in this way your country is better advertised?
Why are you still doing this?
Do you know that you injustice thousands at a time world in the world, where all the remaining “clean” players are struggling for a good position in the rankings?
Do you respect all these guys?
If someone finished in the 100th position, is this his true position? Or he could be 3, 5, 10 or more places higher?
Would you love to do this to you?
Can you finally stop this injustice?

Do you know about the FAIR PLAY??? If not, you can read it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sportsmanship

All these are not just for these two people, but also for those from other countries using the same tactics!

Also, I write all these because I feel underprivileged.

I think we can have a clean Leaderboards. It is up to us!

We've been through this many times before and I am completely on your side on this issue. I have been against this elitist practice from day one. All I can say is you're just going to have to live with it because no matter how much we bitch about it, the elitist show-offs are just going to keep doing it. I guess they didn't get enough hugs from their mommies, so now they have to bring as much attention to themselves as they can. :rolleyes:

:lol: Now, I must admit, I did rather enjoy myself,...
That's what its all about.

I also had doubts, but - when you think about it... Its so much fun. How said one of the japanese drivers of Team RJN concerning the Nordschleife a day ago? 'Its like Walt Disney World.
For men!' :)

I just don't get it. I've got 100% game completion so I cannot be that bad but I am just under 12 seconds from gold WTF. I played for over a hour and got in 1 full lap. Just a awful car. Way to much understeer then you clip a curb and instant oversteer. What a terrible seasonal event.

Last edited:
I just don't get it. I've got 100% game completion so I cannot be that bad but I am just under 12 seconds from gold WTF. I played for over a hour and got in 1 full lap. Just a awful car. Way to much understeer then you clip a curb and instant oversteer. What a terrible seasonal event.
I would say its not about the car, rather its about the ring. There are no serious under/oversteer-issues at all. Get known to the car, to the ring, as well as to your personal limit and i am sure you will find your 12 secs. Keep goin!

I wish there was a way to see the areas/curbs/grass areas that will DQ you in this event. Like a flyby before you start driving. Ive only done one lap, but I was so afraid of DQing that I drove like a wuss. AND I did cut a couple curbs and rode a little grass without being DQ. So, how do I know which are the danger zones and which aren't??

Back