Lifetime premium membership, how to?

• Thread starter sagaper
  • 39 comments
Norway
Oslo
sagaper
I can not figure out how I buy lifetime premium membership. In the upgrade menu, I can only choose GTPremium Annual(1 year membership)

Where is the lifetime membership registration?
Or have that option been removed?

I have used this forum since Jun 6, 2004, and thought it was about time I became a paying member.

But $ 15 every year, is perhaps a little expensive...

So I'll have to think about it som more...

But $15 is not overly expensive, you could also ask jordan if there will be a cheaper 6 month option or a discount if you pay for 2 years.

It is the price of a large big mac meal and a mcflurry(well where i am)

Damn, that sucks. I was actually just about to purchase a Lifetime subscription tonight too, oh well.

@Jordan, I see that the removal of the Lifetime Premium was not announced in the announcements thread. :odd: Maybe it should be there? It's totally your choice to add it or not.

I also got turned off by the removal of lifetime subscriptions, now I will definitely not buy premium membership. Never liked monthly/yearly subscriptions, I've generally considered them money milking.

Apart from the time I bought it for you for your birthday *COUGH*

Damn, that sucks. I was actually just about to purchase a Lifetime subscription tonight too, oh well.

I would have bought one as well, I had planned on buying it back when the thread @EF12345678 linked to was going on

I also got turned off by the removal of lifetime subscriptions, now I will definitely not buy premium membership.
So why didn't you purchase it when it was available?

I think you're all just being a bit mean, (and that coming from a Scotsman...)

I purchased a year membership to see how I would like it and quite frankly, I simply forgot to re-subscribe when my year ran out. Like I said, given the option to purchase a lifetime membership I'd do it tonight, I'm not a fan of the yearly model though.

I didn't have something I could put into paypal to pay for it until this Summer

Glad I live in the land of fast-food unhealthiness. I can go to Five Guys and get 2 double bacon cheese burgers and a order of fries for that much. And lets just say they make Mc Donalds Big Mac, look like a snack.

Is there any plan to offer lifetime premium membership again in the near future, or is that promotion over and done with forever? I apologize if its been asked before, but I don't know if it has been asked before I returned to the site.

I think the price for a years subscription is a bloody rip off and it discriminates against all those who now want to sign up for a lifetime and all those who are new to GTP and see others with a lifetime subscription and cannot get it.

Getting Premium more than getting the perks it offers is about helping out the site. Don't see it as a "price" to pay.

It's 15 bucks a year, don't go out for dinner one night and there's a year of premium.
For me personally, it's not the money that's an issue. As of now, I'm a 16 year old who won't have a credit card for the foreseeable future. Convincing my grandma (The only one in my family with a useable credit card) to buy stuff from the internet is hard enough as is, telling her that it will happen more than once and she's almost guarenteed to say no.

For me personally, it's not the money that's an issue. As of now, I'm a 16 year old who won't have a credit card for the foreseeable future. Convincing my grandma (The only one in my family with a useable credit card) to buy stuff from the internet is hard enough as is, telling her that it will happen more than once and she's almost guarenteed to say no.

Buy a prepaid credit card from Wal-Mart.

I would, if it were a one time payment

It's 15 dollars.

15 bucks a year is nothing, once you get a car you'll go through 20 bucks a week just from gas.

It takes more than 15 bucks just to run your computer monitor for a year.

Glad I grabbed a lifetime subscription while it was still available. No ragrets.

From the FAQ :
I don’t have a credit card, debit card, or bank account. Can I still sign up for Premium services? (#)

If you live in the United States, you can purchase a Green Dot MoneyPak with cash in many locations around the country, such as Walmart. You can use the funds on the card to purchase your subscription here.

If you live outside the United States, other types of pre-paid debit cards might work, but are not guaranteed. Be sure a pre-paid debit card will operate with PayPal in your country before purchasing it.
:)

Latest Posts

Back