Lion's Den Performance- New Autozam, Camaro RM

• Thread starter Paulie
  • 916 comments
LDP Ascension IX Predator Edition X
(527hp/393kw @ 7,600rpm) (631Nm/466ft-lbs @ 5,400rpm) (1080kg) (PP)

kyotogions.jpg

Description: The next step above evolution is ascension, and that's what we've done here, provide the next step up in performance, and then some. Utilising a full aero kit and having totally worked the engine and chassis, this Evo now has the ability to tap in to some serious speed. A car that never threatens to oversteer on throttle, nothing changes the fact it's a high powered Evo which suffers from some understeer. Lion's Den Performance has worked their best to make this car perform at its best.

Base Model: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR '05

Parts to Purchase:

Tuning Shop:
Rigidity Improvement
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Torque Distributing Centre Differential
Fully Customisable LSD
Sports Soft Tyres

GT Auto:
Oil Change
Racing Modification
Restore Body Rigidity (Where applicable)
Engine Overhaul (Where applicable)

Tuner's Notes:
If you're on a track with super long straights, particularly if you think you'll be catching a draft, longer gears may be necessary.
It's rather poor levels of downforce for a "Race Mod", but I've done my best to eliminate understeer.
The car was very un-responsive to most tuning options, due mostly to being such a high powered AWD car.
Tuned with all aids off except ABS on 1.

Settings:
1) General Purpose Dry Weather Setup

Body/Chassis:
Ballast Amount (kg): 0
Ballast Position: 0
Aerodynamics: 15/25

Engine:
Power Limiter: 100%

Transmission:
1st: 2.808
2nd: 1.892
3rd: 1.382
4th: 1.058
5th: 0.850
6th: 0.716
Final: 4.583
Max Speed: 310km/hr
Please Note: You must set the "Max Speed" setting first before adjusting the ratios. If your ratios were previously adjusted, reset to default before inputting my settings.

Drivetrain: (front/rear)
Initial Torque: 5/5
Acceleration: 10/20
Deceleration: 5/5
Torque Distributing Centre Differential: 35/65

Suspension: (front/rear)
Ride Height: -22/-20
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 7.0/6.2
Dampers Extension: 6/5
Dampers Compression: 4/3
Anti-Roll Bars: 2/7
Camber: 1.8/1.3
Toe: -0.12/-0.40

Brake Balance (front/rear): 4/10
]

I've copied everything here and applied it to my evo, except mine only has 512BHP.. Why is this? i've oil changed and everything.

I didn't read the whole thread. Just wanted to try the STi. But the settings are not there.
Guess I'll do like the other guy did and put your 3kgt settings on my vr4

Yeah I never got around to putting those WRX settings in, at least not yet anyway. While I haven't got a job due to the company I worked for closing down I'll probably have spare time on my hands to do some tuning. First thing's first, if I find everything really has backwards effects, something I've never seen evidence to support, I won't be tuning any more, so I need to test that vigorously.

Well most things are backwards which means I've wasted all this money on GT5 when I should have bought Forza.:grumpy:

Well most things are backwards which means I've wasted all this money on GT5 when I should have bought Forza.:grumpy:

Still, yours tunes work really well:tup:
I just love your R35 GT-R Xanavi tune:bowdown:, gave me alot of victories on the ring online...

Now the first long time tuner claims that the tuning is flawed? What did you test exactly? I tried to find out what is going on and don't think there is something wrong, but the dampers and with the dampers it is probably my understanding that is wrong...

If i have to buy "FORZA" to follow your tuning lessons ,i'll do it, but i'll play both games too.
I'm learning to tune, but what i know till now i've learn tryng to understand how your cars work. I know almost all of them since GT5P. You're always been my Professor.
So i wish you beters days, a good job to come and a good health that's the most important.
Cheers.

Now the first long time tuner claims that the tuning is flawed? What did you test exactly? I tried to find out what is going on and don't think there is something wrong, but the dampers and with the dampers it is probably my understanding that is wrong...

I tested ride height, backwards effects, spring rates, backwards effects (it would seem) and anti-roll bars, backwards effects. This being on a FWD car. Rear toe was correct, as was brake balance. I assume LSD is correct but it has very little effect if any at all on one wheel spinners in this game. Front toe has always been backwards, but I forgave that (negative front toe value has effect of toe-in). I know I struck a nice balance with many of my cars, from an understanding of how the game worked, but now I see that some of my cars could be better with real tuning effects.

Thanks praiano, I wish I could play both as well. Unless money flow changes I'll be sticking with GT5 though, it's not like I have much choice.

I tested ride height, backwards effects, spring rates, backwards effects (it would seem) and anti-roll bars, backwards effects. This being on a FWD car. Rear toe was correct, as was brake balance. I assume LSD is correct but it has very little effect if any at all on one wheel spinners in this game. Front toe has always been backwards, but I forgave that (negative front toe value has effect of toe-in). I know I struck a nice balance with many of my cars, from an understanding of how the game worked, but now I see that some of my cars could be better with real tuning effects.

Thanks praiano, I wish I could play both as well. Unless money flow changes I'll be sticking with GT5 though, it's not like I have much choice.

This is so frustrating. The spring rates, dampers, and ARB has such small effect and needs to be tune holistically. Not knowing how they are backwards (hard/soft, front/rear) makes it impossible to tune.

Btw Pauli, I'm using your Stealth NSX tune (some very minor changes) in a Super GT championship on an old model Takata NSX '03. I found about 8 tunes on this forum, and yours work the best. Did the first race yesterday. 28 drivers (two divisions) and I finished 4th in division-1. I should have made 2nd, but the only thing I was struggleing with was excess front tire wear, so I had to fight understeer at the end of each stint (39 laps at GVS, 2 pit stops).

Thanks

Glad I could help, yeah even with the backwards stuff I knew enough of what I was doing to strike a reasonable balance with most of my previous tunes.

Hi Paulie, first off I just want to say thanks. Your tunes are great and I've been consistently finding yours strike a good balance between stability and speed.
One question though, I am testing a bunch of GT500 cars and I keep running into the problem that my gear ratios aren't matching up to yours.
Any reason for this? Did PD change the values in a patch or something?
I keep finding that even on cars I haven't touched in terms of transmission tuning, if I click "reset to default" the values change.

Anyway, I'm working specifically on my Lexus Bandai Direzza now as an example with your tune.

I reset my transmission to default, set my top speed to 310km/hr, and the only gear ratio values I can get to match with yours are the 6th and final.

Here's what I get: 1st - 3.570, 2nd - 2.468, 3rd - 1.830, 4th - 1.425, 5th - 1.164, 6th - 0.987, final - 3.365

Am I missing something?

I'm not sure, unless NTSC is different I can't see any reason why yours wouldn't be matching up.:confused:

I'm not sure, unless NTSC is different I can't see any reason why yours wouldn't be matching up.:confused:

Most of the JGTC cars can have 1-2 engine tuning stages (2 and 3 or 3 alone I think) added, can't they?

That'd raise the rev limiter and mess with the available gearing.

True that, if you've modified the car in any way that will be your problem.

Has anybody confirmed that the TS tuner even considered HP at all?

From my experience it is only based of 2 things, and nothing else. I would greatly appreciate if anybody has done some test to confirm this.

So far it's red line/rev limiter (one or the other) and FD. That's it, nothing else.

Is there anything to show otherwise? I haven't specifically tested this and Im not home.

Test would be easy, just need to find 2 cars with the same red line/rev limiter and different HP. The bigger the gap in HP the better. Go to the tranny tuning screen and put in the same FD for Both cars and then mess with the TS tuner move it to something like 249 and note the gears and available values (min max for both) if the same, HP is not a factor.

I suspect it's due to the FD or a mod raising the rev limiter/red line.

The Top Speed probably was set first, then the FD was tuned. Then without resetting the tranny they then altered the TS again (buy buy easy to re-create ratios) and this may have been repeated a few times during the tuning process, each time making the values very difficult to recreate.

I suggest if this is the case. Before posting a Tune, write down the gear settings, then reset the gears and input the settings, if you can't get them (as is the case with many people using tuners gearing) figure out the best way to recreate the gearing before posting the Tune.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the tunes, my '07 GT-R ran a 6:32.116 in my second try. Using driving force gt and all aids off. (abs 1 though.) Your tunes seem to work the best, thanks again. Hopefully you get back into it.

No idea, I don't really want to tune cars when I have to do things backwards to get the results I want, it's just silly.
Seriously why is nearly everbody argumenting like this?
Sorry Paulie it's nothing against you and I really like your tunes.
The "backwards thing" was in GT5 since release. There wasn't a patch which changed it. I think a tuner would have tried at least every single possibility in GT5 tuning, cause it's a new game and not GT4.5!

I know it sounds rude (and it should, ha!), but I had to write it now! (I could write this in some of the other threads, but you did your post at the wrong time :lol:)

And now everybody hates me, oh :scared:

Last edited:
Well im tuning in GT5 and I havent tuned in any other GT game so this "backwards" thing dosent affect me in the slightest
:)

Anyway paulie hope too see you come back 👍

It doesn't matter to me one way or the other, but if you've tested it and found that X = Y and Y = X, then nothing about tuning has actually changed. Only the place in which you apply the numbers you would have reached regardless.

Paulie, if all out laptimes or ultimate top speed are the goal, then yes, backwards tuning is the way to go. However, for actual drivability, I've found that sticking to our tried and tested methods from GT4 has worked very well for myself and most of the older school tuners. 👍 Remember bro, drivability > laptimes. :)

I dont even understand this "backwards tuning" thing. :confused: When I first bought my first suspension kit on GT5, I spent ages playing with it to see what does what. So nothing seems backwards to me unless I'm comparing it to GT4 or real life tuning. :boggled:

Back