Lion's Den Performance- New Autozam, Camaro RM

• Thread starter Paulie
  • 916 comments
My AE86 would be close to a predator spec. I like my cars streetable and not tuned into a hand grenade with all available power upgrades thrown at it. It has 202hp and tips the scales at around 850kg (i think). I have used it online in 450pp races (it could do with some grunt on the straights TBH) but can`t keep up due to the tail happiness out of corners it has.

I have mucked around with the LSD and have it currently set at 12/22/8 which seems to help a bit. Also i have tinkered with the rear end and softened it up to help it squat and grip under accel. I think it`s at 6.0kg 4/4 and 3 for sway bar. Camber is 0.5 or 1.0 and toe is .20

I'll make a Group X car which will put it in the ~450 PP region then, because the specs will be similar enough to yours to transfer over. This will land it on Sports Softs. It's a regular AE86 and not the Shuichi Shugeno version (or what ever it's called)?

I'll make a Group X car which will put it in the ~450 PP region then, because the specs will be similar enough to yours to transfer over. This will land it on Sports Softs. It's a regular AE86 and not the Shuichi Shugeno version (or what ever it's called)?

Sounds good Paulie,thanks 👍

Man, your tune for Ferrari 458 Italia is awesome!!! I shove 2 seconds on my time on Monza. Great, thank you.
I'd like to request a tune for you: Ferrari F40 550PP racing soft tyres, could you do it for me? Track is Monza too.
Thank you very much.

Ran your LDP 911 GTX Predator Edition in a league race last night, and it was absolutely incredible!
I got my hands on the RUF an hour before the race, plugged in your numbers and hit the track without any practice time. Qualified 3rd. Spun out on the first corner of the race, and ended up clawing my way back to 4th from 10th.
Flawless tune. Nice work!

Edit: I was the only RUF on the course. So don't fret that your setup was inferior to other RUF's. It was an M3 fest. :)

Last edited:
Thanks that's good to hear.:) In case nobody realised, I haven't been so active lately because I got Forza and have been league racing in GT5.

Thanks that's good to hear.:) In case nobody realised, I haven't been so active lately because I got Forza and have been league racing in GT5.

GOT FORZA! TRADER! na just jk. I use a lot of your tunes why didn't you enter the FF shootout?

Not the best place to put it in but I have a review for your NSX tune in my car reviews thread, which you can find in my signature.

Last edited:
Not the best place to put it in but I have a review for your NSX tune in my car reviews thread, which you can find in my signature.

It's the perfect place to put it, and thanks, I enjoyed reading it.👍

If you are still doing request, can you work up the Neon SRT4? I like your tunes and love this car, so they should be put together. I know from the looks of it, FWD is not a high priority, but if you are like me, and most other competitive people, you will like the challenge.

I'm not doing much tuning on GT5 these days, but I detested tuning FWD cars on GT5 simply because of the backwards crap, to get the best from the car it had to be silly.

LDP Courtesy Bus
(208hp/155kw @ 4,400rpm) (341Nm/252ft-lbs @ 4,400rpm) (931kg) (PP)

Description: So you've just dropped your car off at Lion's Den Performance to have modifications done and you've got no way of getting home? Perhaps you think we'll drive you home in one of the supercars we have lying around? Come on, get realistic! Besides, we may have more than one person to transport. Allow us then to introduce the LDP Courtesy Bus. At first look you'll notice a lowered stance, Lion's Den Performance team colours and a new set of rims. It's not until our insane bus driver takes you for a ride, that you realise it's so much more than a hippie van, and that you actually love solid ground more than you realised before. Yep, this bus has got a turbocharged motor that puts out 208hp, and it only weighs just under 1,000kg. Of course, with that power it's not the acceleration that'll make you wary, it's the handling. We've modified the suspension in such a way that means it's now far more controllable at the limit while at the same time allowing for some fun not normally associated with grip driving. Our insane driver will show his unsuspecting passengers this ability before reaching their destination. The bus is no slouch though, for a vehicle of this type being able to keep up with the lower echelon of sports cars is impressive, another feature the driver will be happy to show you should you pass by any track days on the trip.

Base Model: Volkswagen TYP2(T1) Sambabus '62

Parts to Purchase:

Tuning Shop:
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

GT Auto:
Oil Change
Restore Body Rigidity (Where applicable)
Engine Overhaul (Where applicable)

Tuner's Notes:
Shift at around 4,500rpm
Turbo lag is a mega issue, so launches will lose you a lot of ground. It's important to keep the revs up through each corner. Although it's possible to stand it in on the brakes and even break out the rear end, you'll soon learn that's it's better to brake early and maintain a high mid-corner speed, keeping up that momentum so you can keep up the engine speed.
Seating for 7 passengers.
Why not?
Tuned with all aids off except ABS on 1.

Settings:
1) General Purpose Dry Weather Setup

Body/Chassis:
Ballast Amount (kg): 0
Ballast Position: 0

Engine:
Power Limiter: 100%

Transmission:
1st: 1.930
2nd: 1.294
3rd: 0.935
4th: 0.713
5th: 0.575
Final: 4.375
Max Speed: 240km/hr
Please Note: You must set the "Max Speed" setting first before adjusting the ratios. If your ratios were previously adjusted, reset to default before inputting my settings.

Drivetrain: (front/rear)
Initial Torque: 0/15
Acceleration: 0/30
Deceleration: 0/35

Suspension: (front/rear)
Ride Height: -70/-70
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 6.5/10.0
Dampers Extension: 4/5
Dampers Compression: 2/2
Anti-Roll Bars: 4/3
Camber: 1.6/2.0
Toe: -0.14/+0.20

Brake Balance (front/rear): 8/5

Gonna give this a try tonight.

LDP 458X Predator Edition
(683hp/509kw @ 9,700rpm) (612Nm/451ft-lbs @ 6,700rpm) (1232kg) (PP)

ahrweilerwinter.jpg

Description: Who needs Scuderias and Superleggeras when you have the Predator Edition X's from Lion's Den Peformance? Ferrari's new 458 has barely even cut its teeth yet and already we've jacked it up on steroids. The engine has been enhanced to produce almost 700hp and rev to a stratospheric 9,900rpm, while we've also stipped its guts, equipped semi-slicks and a racing adjustable suspension which we've tuned ourselves. To top it all off we've added a rear wing and other various aerodynamic aids to keep it glued to the road. This monster will go well and truly under 7mins at Nurburgring.

Base Model: Ferrari 458 Italia '09

Parts to Purchase:

Tuning Shop:
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Sports Soft Tyres

GT Auto:
Oil Change
Front Splitter
Aero Extension
Rear Wing

Tuner's Notes:
Use all available engine speed before shifting.
Short shifting to 3rd may be advisable in most corners.
Tuned with all aids off except ABS on 1.

Settings:

Body/Chassis:
Aerodynamics: 10/40

Engine:

Transmission:
1st: 3.337
2nd: 2.197
3rd: 1.586
4th: 1.192
5th: 0.934
6th: 0.762
7th: 0.648
Final: 5.143
Max Speed: 400km/hr
Please Note: You must set the "Max Speed" setting first before adjusting the ratios. If your ratios were previously adjusted, reset to default before inputting my settings.

Initial Torque: 0/7
Acceleration: 0/46
Deceleration: 0/5

Ride Height: -20/-17
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 9.2/10.0
Dampers Extension: 4/6
Dampers Compression: 2/3
Anti-Roll Bars: 4/5
Camber: 1.4/1.6
Toe: -0.08/+0.12

Brake Balance (front/rear): 6/5

Loving this tune - just bested the Mclaren F1 Race car at the Circuit de la Sarthe...Did take it to engine tune 3 tho!

Loving this tune - just bested the Mclaren F1 Race car at the Circuit de la Sarthe...Did take it to engine tune 3 tho!

Thanks mate, I'm needing to use this tune in a competition myself at the moment.:)

Hi Paulie, I have just used your RUF RGT tune and what a tune it is, very stable and very fast. It's people like yourself that help people like me (ie. can't tune for toffee) a chance to find out what the cars can do. Just wanted to say thanks for your time that you put in and here's to getting that bad boy online.

Cheers mate, glad to know some people are still experiencing some of my work and enjoying it.👍

Sucks you aren't doing any tuning these days because when I first looked up tunes for GT5, yours were always the ones that worked best for my driving style and capability.

If you do decide make a return, let us know. I got a couple cars I'd love to see you do some work on.

G'day Paulie, how've things been? A little slow on the GT5 front by the sounds of things, but that's okay. I myself go through what I'd call 'phases' where I cycle through various games/platforms/hobbies. I'm swinging back into GT5, and I'll be giving a few of your cars a workout that I didn't get around to before.

On a related note, I was just wondering if you had any plans to update your 2010 Impreza WRX tune to include suspension, LSD and possibly even transmission settings?

Hopefully you're getting a bit of GT in here and there, and enjoying it, that's the main thing. If you're tuning, make sure it's what you want to do, and keep it interesting for yourself first and foremost. But as Shmorgusborg said, if you decide to take a couple of requests, you'll definitely have some keen interest :)👍

Well I'm still pretty new to Forza and it's really a huge amount of fun, the driving feels more involving regardless of which game is more realistic (except in Forza you can turn off ABS and still be just as fast if not faster), and the car list and tuning options are quite in depth, plus cockpit view is actually useable again. Anyways, if anyone is interested in my most recent tuning exploits, I have a 1968 Pontiac GTO tuned to B500 specs and am seeking any feedback I can get. You can find me on X-Box Live under the username "Paulie LDP".
Perhaps once things settle down a bit I'll be back around GT a bit more as well, do a bit on both games, but right now I'm having too much fun on Forza.

Glad to see your enjoying Forza. I'm kinda a new member but I've been visiting GTP for a long time now. Your tunes were fantastic back in prolouge and I was wondering if you would consider taking a look at the ford gt test car sec II again? Your tune back in prologue was probably the best tune I have ever driven so maybe you could revisit the beast in the future?

Hi, I tried your setup for the Veyron, I couldn't believe there was a way to make this car turn lol...but after trying this, i gotta tell you ...It is a way better! Very nice work, i've tried it on the circuit la sarthe :)

Hi, I tried your setup for the Veyron, I couldn't believe there was a way to make this car turn lol...but after trying this, i gotta tell you ...It is a way better! Very nice work, i've tried it on the circuit la sarthe :)

Cheers, a lot of people are pleasantly surprised by my Veyron tune which is certainly a good thing, means I did something right.:)

LDP Veyron SS-R Predator Edition
(1256hp/937kw @ 6,600rpm) (1451Nm/1070ft-lbs @ 4,600rpm) (1424kg) (PP)

specialstageroute5.jpg

Description: Lion's Den Performance has come up with our answer to the Veyron SS, this Veyron SS-R. Pushing 1256hp, top speed is not that different to the regular SS, at just over 430km/hr, however we've stripped out luxuries and the result is acceleration from 0-100km/hr in 1.9sec, and a car that can go under 1'50 at Grand Valley Speedway- and take it from a veteran of that track, anything that does under 1'50 there on semi-slicks is mind bendingly fast. We've also paid some attention to the handling, although it must be said persuading 1256hp to do anything other than what IT wants to is like asking the moon to start spinning in the opposite direction. At any rate this should keep those speed junkies out there reasonably happy.

Base Model: Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '09

Parts to Purchase:

Tuning Shop:
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust System
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Torque Distributing Centre Differential
Fully Customisable LSD
Sports Soft Tyres OR Racing Soft Tyres

GT Auto:
Oil Change

Tuner's Notes:
If we're ever allowed full gear ratio control, I'll be changing to the fully customisable gearbox. For now though, the stock gearbox has an almost identical 7th gear ratio but longer 1st and 2nd making the car faster on acceleration.
I'll come out and say this is NOT pretty to drive, stopping distances are marathon long, and putting over 1250hp through an AWD system does create some understeer. Best thing to do is slow down early, get the car pointing straight at the corner exit and just let it rip, the engine will take care of the rest.
Just shift at the usual 7,000rpm.
I've put in the option for Racing Soft tyres because some drivers will need it, I tuned it on Sports Soft though.
Tuned with all aids off except ABS on 1

Settings:

Body/Chassis:

Engine:

Transmission:
1st: N/A
2nd: N/A
3rd: N/A
4th: N/A
5th: N/A
6th: N/A
7th: N/A
Final: N/A
Max Speed: N/A

Initial Torque: 8/14
Acceleration: 10/20
Deceleration: 5/5
Torque Split: 40/60

Ride Height: -10/-8
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 10.2/10.8
Dampers Extension: 6/6
Dampers Compression: 1/1
Anti-Roll Bars: 2/7
Camber: 1.2/0.8
Toe: -0.10/-0.25

Brake Balance (front/rear): 7/5

Wow... I... That was a visceral experience I can't even explain. It takes some masterful braking and you have to "take the bull by the horns" as they say, but... I was actually able to keep the car steady. Kudos to you, that was quite impressive.

That's a great tune for the Gt500 R35's. To test it out I did the 'Ring in the Dream Car Championship, I had a 787B breathing down my neck the whole time, and he got by me twice but I got him straight back. I had to push all the way, and I won. Fantastic, cheers.👍

Back