Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
love the look of the Mitsubishi Galant Evolution '70. Im saving up for it to test it and ill post my review in a week or so

Hey, Leo, great job on Frost! Feels REALLY good. In fact, my only gripes are a bit of instability under braking (Common with WRX's in my experiece) and the ratio set.

EDIT: Yup, it worked. Just changing the brake balance to 2/5 fixed it. 3/5 might be better, but I haven't tried it. I'm off to beat you. I hope.

Instability under braking is wanted, since too much stability in corners often turns into understeer.. Especially in 4WD cars. I suggest that you'd try learning to adapt into the car and the way it's tuned, instead of changing the settings, since after that it's no longer the car it was meant to be.

Well, I got used to it again, and pulled in even quicker.

Frost, as is, with none of my changes was faster than an Audi RS4 I had run on R5 tires, D'OH!

Now that I'm a little more used to it, it's much quicker.

I'm glad that you followed my advice in this case. Some cars require multiple laps on some tracks before the right way to drive them becomes obvious.

I tested the S.S AE86 setup Leo, and it was well-balanced

I took it to the Sports car course @ Infienion Raceway, and it handled most of the corners pretty well, the LSD helped control its behavior, overall not that much wrong with it

However i would of loved to have the 240+ HP Stg.3 Engine seeing how this is the S.S AE86, would've matced perfectly with the "fill the water-cup, and dont spill the tofu" bit in the notes, but thats just me 👍

I know what you mean, but with that kind of tuning the car would had been bit less balanced. I've always had problems with Truenos handling character, so I finally wanted to make one handle well. Thus I set the handling as top priority. But if you wish, I could try the stage 3 tune and see if the suspension can handle it.

Very well, but it has to wait until tomorrow. Shall I PM the settings to you when I'm done with it?

Amuse NSX R1 Titan '02

330 bhp, 354 Nm, 1079 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to buy:
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
FC Suspension
S3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 6.5 / 9.0
Ride Height: 110 / 120
Bound: 3 / 6
Rebound: 4 / 8
Camber: 3.0 / 1.5
Toe: 2 / 0
Stabilizers: 2 / 5

Brake Controller
Brakes: 4 / 8

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.902
2nd: 1.997
3rd: 1.507
4th: 1.229
5th: 1.029
6th: 0.872
Final Gear: 4.300

Autoset 12

LSD
Initial: 10
Acceleration: 20
Deceleration: 5

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

What began life as a concept for the first Japanese supercar is nowadays known as the Honda NSX, a sleek mid-engined vehicle widely known for its great handling. The car is superb as it is, but that doesn't mean it can't be made better. Proving this is the Amuse NSX R1, aiming to improve on the strong points of the car while still retaining the original style of the car. The engine power has been increased only slightly to 330 wild horses which may give a picture of an inferior performance when compared to some competitors but that's where the fun begins. The engine only has to move 1080 kilograms, the result of an extensive weight loss program. The hood and the trunk lid have been replaced by carbon fibre parts and even the wheels are lighter magnesium alloy ones. The entire suspension and drivetrain are strengthened and lightened, producing a package that can cause a nasty surprise to the more powerful supercars. Limited edition only.

Reviews:

by Evtim
by Kurei
by r34ben
by Vince247
by viperpilot

Last edited:
Brilliant! I've got a bit of a thing for the NSX so I'm going to try this one soon as - but even still I didn't even realise that this version existed (ah, I have since learned because it doesn't; thanks to Rotary and Tulok for clearing that up ;)).

I'll edit this post with the feedback

Pyrelli

Yea, seriously where do you get that ?, i've never seen or heard of that car, but it looks amazing...

It's a little marketing ploy, the decals and R1 are jsut little creative additions. As you can see they didnt market it as modified R1-NSX, but as if they had just invented it, because there is no amuse NSX in the game. The decals are Photoshopped onto it.

Are you sick of that RUF CTR2 disappearing into the distance during the Tuning car competition? Do you want to humiliate super cars and win very decent amount of A-spec points? Do you want to win a competition for which you thought only an overkill car (and the embarrassing 1 A-spec point attached to it) could do it? Then the Amuse NSX R1 Titan '02 is for you!

I know this sounds like an advert. But believe me, the car deserves it! I was hopelessly stuck at the Tuning car competition, experiencing the dilemma written above. Which car to use? The MFT Lotus Elise? Could be, but it is quite a handful at high speeds (twitchy rear), you really have to push it to the limits to compete with the RUF’s and Opera’s and my driving skills were just not good enough. The Corvette? Overkill. 1-Aspec point (740 hp, R3 tyres, what do you expect?) Embarrassing!

At this moment a divine intervention occurred! Via secret mystical rituals I managed to obtain the Amuse NSX R1 Titan '02 more than two weeks before its official premiere! Yes, you heard me right – I have been driving this jewel for some time already and the results are incredible! Naturally, I took it first to the Tuning car competition and won it from the first sitting with 3 gold and 2 silver medals (on the more twisty track like El Captain it was a joke – I beat the RUF with 12 seconds without much effort)! Yes, me – I have a Playstation and a wheel since 6 weeks, never played GT or any other driving simulator before and I have no more than 1000 km driving in real life. Now imagine the handling of the car in the light of the facts listed above! :bowdown:

You want more power – no problemo – there are bigger power upgrades available! You want racing tyres – go on! The car takes it all without loosing its identity. It is so good that it does not need a wing – the wing actually spoils the handling at low speeds and may be needed only with the highest possible power upgrade and then perhaps with just 15/15 down force.
It has turned now in my mainstream car – I drive it everywhere with wide range of combinations (power-tyres-weight) suited for different competitions.

I am tempted to call this car “the best MFT tuning so far” although, of course, such opinions are a matter of subjective experience, so I will just say, “for me this is the best MFT tune so far”!

Thank you Greycap, keep up the excellent work!:cheers:

P.S. Do not worry, I will not reveal to anyone the secret of the mystical ritual. I will use it solemnly for my enjoyment and experience and of course, to give you feedback:)

P.P.S I forgot to mention a car for tuning if the MFT team decides to grant me - and it is the Pegout 205 16T - the used car model.

Damn, only managed to fool two users. :P But even that tells something about the quality of the editing.

It's just an NSX-R.

Just like the Nismo 550R.
With one exception - the 550R looks just like that in the game.

It's a little marketing ploy, the decals and R1 are jsut little creative additions. As you can see they didnt market it as modified R1-NSX, but as if they had just invented it, because there is no amuse NSX in the game. The decals are Photoshopped onto it.
Is it just me or do both of these comments sound a bit irritated by the fact that the car doesn't really exist, trying to make it less worthy? "As if they had just invented it" makes it sound like I didn't really invent the Amuse NSX after all. Yes, I did, and I admit it. And I did it in a pretty believable way, I dare to say.

And Evtim, just wow. That's one serious review. :eek: Thanks for the "advertising", the car may lack the attention it deserves as it's not the fastest one out there but it's really a great handling car. You will undoubtedly get the 205T16, a PM has been sent.

i wrote it negative like, but only because it seemed they were being a little dumber than usual ;)
seriously, I like the little stories you throw along with the cars :D
I should have said, they just invented it, because there isnt one in the game.

..Damn, only managed to fool two users. :P But even that tells something about the quality of the editing...

Not wrong, I've got a bit of a history of getting done over by photoshop, I guess I haven't quite left those days behind yet :ouch:

I'm still yet to test the car, I'm a bit strapped for cash on the game at the moment.. My recent revival of interest in the Nurburgring and high speed testing is costing me a bomb.

...only because it seemed they were being a little dumber than usual ;)...

Hmmm.. a bit smug are we..? :irked:

Now now kids. Settle down and willing ones will get Gr.A Trueno Evolution settings with more power later tonight. I'm wondering if I should just add it to the original Trueno-post or send it via PM's to willing customers.

Well, wouldn't these "willing customers" look for the settings themselves in the original post?(after you told them you put them there.:))

Is it just me or do both of these comments sound a bit irritated by the fact that the car doesn't really exist, trying to make it less worthy? "As if they had just invented it" makes it sound like I didn't really invent the Amuse NSX after all. Yes, I did, and I admit it. And I did it in a pretty believable way, I dare to say.

Yes, yes you made it believable. I just knew it didn't exist off the bat. Saw the NSX-R wing and it clicked. The decals threw me off for a minute.

I think that the way you come up with these cars is amazing, keep it up!

I've got 4 mil, but I'm "broke".:sly:

Expect this car to find its way into my garage. If I can get past the looks of the new-gen NSX :yuck:

This post will get an edit.

So there is no good looking NSX like that in the game ?, well thats a bummer...

I don't even know if i want to test it anymore :P

Anyways, Leo i would just update the original post, and just let us know its been updated, that way time and effort is saved 👍

very well, I'm working on that right now. ;)

done. nothing else needs to be altered, just add stage 3 tune and it's even better. I just wanted to keep the engine stock since the engine was actually tuned down for reliability and driveability.

Just a small info splash here...

We have added "skill level badges" on all the banners in the opening post. Now it's easier to pick just the suitable car for you, dear customer! There are also explanations to the levels. :)

Naturally you can test any car you wish. but be careful with the Expert-ones.. They're about as lethal as Nürburgring..:nervous:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back