MATURE U.K. Racers Wanted. !!UPDATE 2 Please read first post!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, i joined this weeks ago.. not had a race yet.. what do I do.?:nervous:

Join the GBRC group on this site and add some people from the 'PSN ID' list, you will see who is online when you are online by checking the 'community' tab on your GT Life page in game, those that are in a lobby will have a green dot next to their profile picture (on the pop out list) and a yellow 'head and shoulders' icon next to their 'coffee cup/lounge' icon, click this and select 'join'.
Also join the site dedicated to the GBRC, you will find a link to it a few posts back.

Welcome Ultramods,
Please register at our new website

Snap shots from some of our races.

1294499034_34_FT0_autumn_ring_.jpg

1294617915_34_FT0_autumn_ring3_.jpg

1294484220_11_FT842_tsukuba_circuit_15_.jpg

1294484220_11_FT842_tsukuba_circuit_14.jpg

Just a quick reminder to everyone who's just joined or thinking about it, once you're on at www.gbracingclub.co.uk, hover the cursor over 'Home' towards the top left of the screen and go to the 'Members' page, from there pick around 20 names to start with and send an FR quoting GBRC, most if not all will get back to you, further info can be found on this link...

http://www.gbracingclub.co.uk/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?312

A few of the admin psn FRs are getting full now but needn't worry, as long as you have a GBRC friend you'll be able to get in via them, remember to introduce yourself in the appropriate thread so we can all say hello..

See you soon

Last edited:
Would love to join you guys in some mature racing.

PSN: SimmoUK
Connection: 4mb Wired or Wireless

I have joined the group on GTPlanet and signed up on the site. Now i just need some psn's.

Welcome SimmoUK,

I see you have slotted very neatly into the fold, good to have you onboard.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank:
GTP_Sphinx: for his patience and guidance and for pointing me in the right direction.
GTP_Eriba: for his pearls of wisdom and guidance.
Gtplanet: for giving me the springboard in which to leap into online racing.

On behalf of all the GBRC admin and members.

Thank you

Jason

Now for some more snap shots.

picture.php

picture.php

1295031051_18_FT0_high_speed_ring_32_.jpg

I wanted to post my advert for GBRC for any new people wanting to join but not sure whether to or not. I joined one month ago and since the early days the club has grown both in members, car classes and fun. The new website created for the club at www.gbracingclub.co.uk is a hive of activity and full of all the info needed to get started. There's even a little shout box on the left where you can shout "help" and any number of members will get back to you in no time to guide you.

The racing is good, clean fun. Sure there's a few bumps and the odd stupid mistake but providing you don't get a name for yourself then everyone just takes the approach that sometimes things happen. We get on with the race and don't moan about it. It's full of mature racers who know that the best way to race is to race properly and that's what you get.

We've now got a good list of car classes that are regulation and this gives you something to work towards in you GT Life game. For example, a Clubman B class car which must be no lighter than 1100kg and power up to 266bhp. You scour the dealerships both new and used for a bargain car that you can tweak to be the fastest. People find Clios, Roadsters, Quattros, Integras, RX-8 and even the trusty Mini to race with. The races are so close it's unbelievable. We also have other class such as the RM classes where we take the Elise for example, stick racing medium tyres and the racing modification and all go out and race. The only thing that then is changed are peoples own set up. Some go as is, some lower it, finely tune the suspension and toe in/out etc to try and get that last bit of speed. We're working through all the RM cars and putting them in our garage to race at some point. There's lots of other classes people are working on, the classic little old car right up to the meaty American muscle. We have tuned cars and lightweights, the list is every growing and this makes every time you go on line different.

The events are both organised and chilled. There are a bunch of people who are organising events well in advance. These events are great fun and very intense at times. We're in the middle of a Lupo GTI event. Two rooms of about 12 racers jostling for points and positions. There's also time trial events, Rally stages and more. If you can't commit to these through work (like me sometimes) that isn't a problem because a massive part of GBRC is it's relaxed attitude. You log on, check who's got a room up and go join the action. Many of my best nights racing have been in these casual afternoon or night racing. The other day we had the RM Integras and every race was a blast. I had a two car battle for five laps with me taking it on the line and then a seven lap three car battle with me losing it on the line, plus a dead heat in another race. There's battles for everyone, the fast guys at the front, the average Joe in the middle and those not so fast at the back. No matter where you come you're in for a race and that's the great thing about it all.

If you're confused about tuning and tweaking we have people always willing to help. If you're just not that good at driving people give you tips. If you want to make that jump from automatic to manual gears someone will drive with you and coach you all the way. Fast cars, slow cars, old cars, tail happy cars, serious racing to chilled out there's everything to suit everyone. Before I joined GBRC my copy of GT5 was ready for trade in but now I want to save up and buy a wheel.

Looking back on this thread I see lots of names I didn't know when I joined, but they're all buddies now. You know who's fast, who likes pink cars, and who likes the classics. The community is growing and this only makes for a better GT5 experience for us all. Get yourself signed up, you know it makes sense!

BTW, apologies for the short post, I just didn't have time to go into all the details or explain fully how good this group is!

Great work Marsh. That is what GBRC is all about.

The calendar is packed with race events now, so it will only get better.

Welcome Gt5-Fan,
There is a guy from Denmark in the GBRC just make sure your connection is good and you keep it tidy and you will get along fine with us.
If you do decide to join please put down your location and add your PSN ID to the signature editor on your profile page.

The first GBRC offical event kicked off last week and i would just like to say a big thank you to MR-Ch1p and JamieH76 for organising a fantastic event. And to all the drivers that took part nice racing chaps.

Lupo GTi Championship - Week 1

Last edited:
Hi

I would like to join if possible for some good online racing.

I am 36 and dad of one and have been playing since GT1. I like clean close racing. I don't think I am that good so will be trying to hold the tail of the pack to start with I expect (probably need a novice cross on the car).

Have signed up on the GBRC link, so hope that I can see you on the track sometime.

p.s. have logitech wheel and pedals and reasonable wireless connection

PSN vapourman

Hi

I would like to join for some close and clean racing.

I am a 36 dad of one and have been racing since GT1. I don't think I am that good and expect I will be trying to hang on to the tail of the pack for the first few races. I hope for some good racing wherever I end up in the running. I have registered at GBRC site and registered here in order to post this.

I have logitech wheel and pedals and reasonable wireless internet (could go wired if found to be a problem)

PSN vapourman

Welcome vapourman,
Glad you could join the family.

Week 2 Lupo GTI racing

Week 1 RM Elise racing

1295639304_35_FT2433_grand_valley_speedway.jpg

1295639304_35_FT2433_image20110121181958269.jpg

The yellow car spinning in the elise video at about 23 seconds was a fine example of what happens when you try to race whilst on the phone!
Of course it was intentional to highlight the dangers of using a mobile phone whilst driving..... :scared:

Hello Fellow grumps!
I'm Richard from Wales.Ive been on driving games since Chequered Flag on the spectrum and Pole Position in the arcades.
My first on-line racing was with F355 challenge on dreamcast and with the advent of GT5 I'm starting to get back into it.
I'm interested in having a go at racing with you,(clean and fair)hopefully barring the odd mistake and i'll try and see if I can tie-up with you for some of your scheduled races.
I wonder if anyone can send me a PSN friends request to me - numbnuts70 - so I can join u fellas as and when.
Thanks and I look forward to racing with you.

Welcome to the club Richard,
All I would suggest to you is partake in the forums and get to know a few drivers add a few friends to you PSN list and start racing.

Some of today’s action and Tuesdays race night event.

deep_forest_raceway_4.jpg

nrburgring_gp_f.jpg

nrburgring_gp_f_2_custom.jpg

Hi there mate, I have been looking for a thread such as this for a while - must have just not seen this one lol!

Im only 15, but I want to get involved in races with good people, who don't road rage with X2010's and the like!

my PSN is: Asian_JEW (don't ask!) and my connection is about 8mbps wireless.

Thanks and I hope I'll be able to join you with some of these races.

Welcome to the club Richard,
All I would suggest to you is partake in the forums and get to know a few drivers add a few friends to you PSN list and start racing.

Some of today’s action and Tuesdays race night event.

deep_forest_raceway_4.jpg

nrburgring_gp_f.jpg

nrburgring_gp_f_2_custom.jpg

ok,thanks lunchbox.Ive had a lookat psn ids' for your racers so ill send off a few fr and see what happens.
See you soon.

A great group of people, had some really good clean fun racing over the past few days. Thanks Lunchbox for setting this all up, and for putting in all of the hard work, and also thanks to the rest that also put time and effor in organising events etc.

Edit, results from lobby 2 last night.

SAM_1320.jpg

Last edited:
Hi VRracingfan,
You need to read the OP update 2.

Some more action from GBRC.

GBRC Official Japanese Ultimate Battle Turbo Vs NA

Hi All,

Starting to ween myself off the career mode and looking for some quality online action.

PSN: oHomeyo (main) and GTP_Golgot
Connection: Wireless 8mgb (nice and stable)

Racing mostly from 10pm-11.30pm

Add me or let me know if I can add you. :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back