MATURE U.K. Racers Wanted. !!UPDATE 2 Please read first post!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome and Happy New year to everybody :cheers:

Remember to check forums from the GBRC.

Some online race pictures to wet the appetite.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This is what I love about GTPlanet. People getting together for some good clean racing. I'm Simon, 34, use a Driving Force GT and I used to race under GTP_N30NBLU3. Second ps3 packed up and I lost that profile so now I just use my main account - SY76UK. Going to join now so hope to meet you all soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent. Just what I needed. I've only just got round to trying online and I found myself in a race with a load of Germans who's idea of overtaking was to ram into the back of my car just as I turned into a corner so as to spin me off.

Just the sort of behaviour that puts me off online play.
I used to belong to a Crimson Skies clan run along similar lines called The Grey Squadron. Anyone remember Crimson Skies?

PSN Betty_Swallocks
age 52
region Peterborough
20Mb VM cable
Driving Force Pro

Welcome GTP_SY76UK and Betty_Swallocks,

I found myself in a race with a load of Germans who's idea of overtaking was to ram into the back of my car just as I turned into a corner so as to spin me off.

You will find all nationalities have griefers and bad drivers remember there are all abilities at the GBRC and some are still learning but everyone here strives for clean racing.

What a great idea, was getting pretty jaded with players intentionally ramming you off after being passed...

PSN: Hippomelee
10mb Virgin Wifi
Ds3 pad

I've got a 2 yr old son who's at nursery tues/weds/Thursday daytime so will be online then occasionally, plus I play for an hour or two most evenings 2000 onwards, looking forward to meeting up with like minded racers

It is strictly UK only? Because I only have some time left during the weekend, so real racing leagues aren't a real option for me. I'm from Belgium so latency and connection speed aren't a problem, neither is my knowlegde of the English language :)

I won't be able to play GT5 until the beginning of February however, since I'm still in my exam period right now. But I was just wondering if you were open to the idea of inviting me to participate in your online races. Perhaps for a test race or something like that.

Great Idea Lunchbox, I've signed up to the GBRC.

I'm not fussed about winning, just happy to race clean!

PSN: swino
10MB hardwired
DFGT

It is strictly UK only? Because I only have some time left during the weekend, so real racing leagues aren't a real option for me. I'm from Belgium so latency and connection speed aren't a problem, neither is my knowlegde of the English language :)

I won't be able to play GT5 until the beginning of February however, since I'm still in my exam period right now. But I was just wondering if you were open to the idea of inviting me to participate in your online races. Perhaps for a test race or something like that.

No not strictly U.K only you’re more than welcome to join but it is a U.K. racing club and were all very Grumpy.

I have now reached my friends limit on the psn so will need to delete inactive friends.

This is so I can help new drivers start racing.

Some of todays action.
GBRC Clubman Class B.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Name: Luke
PSN: L_ukee
Microphone: Yes
Controller: DS3 right now. (DFGT soon)
Interwebs Connection: BT Total Broadband (WIRELESS but VERY Stable)
Online Time: Whenever im not sleeping (I DONT SLEEP!)

This is just the kind of group ive been searching for !!

Last edited:
Grumpy old git signing up
psn - slider7
20mb sky broadband
dfgt
get online about 9pm ish
looking forward to some clean racing,see you on the track 👍

Welcome L_ukee and slider7.
Add me on to your PSN friends list.

Yesterdays racing: GBRC Clubman B Regulations.

picture.php

1294092248_18_FT0_07.jpg

1294092248_18_FT0_12.jpg

looks good lunchbox. I haven't had a chance to get on-line over the new year as we have had a full house, but everyone has gone home now so will l get the wheel out tonight, hopefully.

jim

Gt 5 rookie here, would like to join your races but not sure how to go about it.
psn - dig5dad
4mb talktalk broadband
Just got a dfgt for Christmas!
Age 36
get online about 9pm ish some weeknights and weekends, whenever I can squeeze the tv from my wife and daughter!
lAlso looking forward to some clean racing, but not sure how to join your online races, or whether I have to have the cars in my garage to race- I only have 1 car at the moment as I've just got started wiith GT5.
Eager to improve my skills and learn from some that are more experienced than me!

Welcome dig5dad glad you have found us.

First join the GBRC group link is at the bottom of my post then join the main GBRC club website.

Yesterdays racing.
1294174916_21_FT0_autumn_ring_3_.jpg

1294174916_21_FT0_autumn_ring_.jpg

I'm up for this - I've only got 3 in-game friends :(

PSN: Roy_Battty
Internet: 10Mbps cable - wired connection

I race cleanly, but not always that quickly.
I've not spent a great deal of time online - been busy unlocking cars offline.

I've been a member of GBRC for around a week now and just want to let anyone thinking of joining to definitely give us a try, if you're fed up of people ramming you off on purpose, driving the wrong way etc, then this is the place to come.. Yes we trade paint during races occasionally, but only when it can't be helped.
Take a look at www.gbracingclub.co.uk and see what you think, everyone's friendly there and will make you feel at home, the races are organised into classes and always end up intense and close all the way to the finish...
Gentlemen/women... Start your engines

Psn id - Hippomelee

Welcome roy and ctr,
Please join the GBRC group if you haven’t already done so.

@Hippo thanks for the comments mate and great racing yesterday.

Hi - this sounds great and would like to take part.

PSN ID: Mavermick
Controller (DS3)
8Mb Virgin Wireless - but switching to Virgin Media 20MB later this month.

Looking forward to some ram-free racing, and playing with people who realise that it is acceptable not to finish in 1st!

Last edited:
Great afternoon racing the Elise RM's. Some strong new drivers coming through too. Looking forward to the Lupo race series this weekend.

Jim

Welcome Mavermick,
Glad you have found us prepare to lose the rest of your life to GT5.

@JamieH76 Real good racing mate 👍

Introduced Elise 96 RM to the GBRC Stable.

1294433999_10_FT0_suzuka_circuit_east_course_small_.jpg

1294433999_10_FT0_tsukuba_circuit_2_small_.jpg

Golf IV RM

1294403119_35_FT522_high_speed_ring_26_.jpg

1294403119_35_FT522_high_speed_ring_30_.jpg

1294403119_35_FT522_high_speed_ring_36_.jpg

The Golf RM is quite possibly my favourite car in the game. Wish I could have been there! Unfortunately I'm back at university and thus will not be online for a while.

However, feel free to add my account (Grim10) and I shall be happy to issue you all with a fine thrashing upon my return.

Just had my first race with you guys in the Lupo GTI Autumn Ring race. I wasnt far off from being last, but friggin great racing and not havin to play bumper cars with every eejit on the planet. Great stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back