Microtransactions in GT6 - How's that going?

United States
Port Washington
GTP_skeeter23
Just like it says... Anybody have any idea how the "Cash for Cr" is working out for SONY/PD?

Obviously they're still trying to make it work given the still crappy payouts in offline/online/seasonal races.

Just like it says... Anybody have any idea how the "Cash for Cr" is working out for SONY/PD?

Obviously they're still trying to make it work given the still crappy payouts in offline/online/seasonal races.
"Crappy payouts"? This isn't based in fact at all. Payouts are plenty fine.

Lack of new content is why people might perceive there to be low payouts because you still have to grind to build up millions and millions of credits.

To say the payouts are crappy and attempt to make a dig at ability to purchase credits is really just trolling. I don't know anyone who has purchase credits and it obviously does not bother them one bit.
There are many other complaint threads. No need for another one.

the still crappy payouts in offline/online/seasonal races.
I did each race in career mode once - and only once.

gtpedia_0-100_100-jpg.196786
Tell me more about the crappy payouts.

I don't think PD wanted to do the Micro-Transactions route, hence all the free content in the updates. Stuff that could have easily have been paid DLC such as Red Bull Ring, TS030 and other cars (excluding Senna and Vision GT's) just given to us. I know PD have many faults but I think this is at least one redeeming factor for them.

Hate to sound like an idiot here but how many 20million Cr cars are in the game exactly ? More than 2 that much I do know, Also what is the point of having so many cars when clearly a full playthrough actually more than 2 play throughs still won't buy all that many vehicles, I know this because I have played through a-spec more than once and still can't afford many expensive cars.

Epic! :D Was that first time through or a project later on?
That was my Yorkshire Gamer run. The plan was to spend as little as possible and yet finish in the minimum amount of game time, though some updates have changed a few events so it's no longer possible to do them really cheaply - like you used to be able to do LM24 in the stock LCC Rocket, but I needed a McLaren F1 with 60k of mods sunk into it :lol:

My main account is hovering in the 35m bracket, despite regularly buying 7-figure cars. I occasionally have to buy something really expensive before seasonals so I don't hit the 50m cap - I've got too much money!
Hate to sound like an idiot here but how many 20million Cr cars are in the game exactly ? More than 2 that much I do know, Also what is the point of having so many cars when clearly a full playthrough actually more than 2 play throughs still won't buy all that many vehicles, I know this because I have played through a-spec more than once and still can't afford many expensive cars.
Just do the Red Bull X2014 Standard event over and over again. 1.14m for 15 laps that doesn't even take half an hour - 2.28m if you have a 200% login bonus. By comparison, the 2.5m credit pack costs £16.

If you've not done the Senna special events, do so - massive payout, though only one off. GT Academy was a huge (one-off) payout too. Current seasonals are running at a half million for the expert one, but VGT seasonals give you 2 million plus a VGT...

Microtransactions are just not needed in GT6 - there's so much free money and free cars floating about.

Last edited:
If you played through the career mode in the first few weeks, I doubt you would have earned anywhere near 40 million.

That said, we now have Red Bull Standard championship, where 2 million can be made in 15 minutes if you manage to place 1st in the first 4 races and abandon the 5th. It still takes over 2 hours to afford a single 20 million car, but that's not terrible.

Certainly not worth spending 20 or 50 real USD's for a few million credits. I'd love to know how many people have done that.

I bought one micro transaction because I was racing with friends online and I didn't have a car suitable for a race. So I simply bought the credits for the price of a round of beers and enjoyed an evening's entertainment. I know it would have been easy to earn the credits but I wanted a quick solution.

Personally, I hate the term grind. Its a racing game so race. I don't call it grinding when I play FIFA and have to play another 38 games of football just to earn another league title. You don't have to own all the cars in GT6 in the same way that you don't have to do a whole season with every team in FIFA.

Snip.. Just do the Red Bull X2014 Standard event over and over again. 1.14m for 15 laps that doesn't even take half an hour - 2.28m if you have a 200% login bonus. By comparison, the 2.5m credit pack costs £16.

If you've not done the Senna special events, do so - massive payout, though only one off. GT Academy was a huge (one-off) payout too. Current seasonals are running at a half million for the expert one, but VGT seasonals give you 2 million plus a VGT...

Microtransactions are just not needed in GT6 - there's so much free money and free cars floating about.

Exactly the point do that event over and over again is the answer everyone gives, Why because the payouts on the rest of the game are crap and we all know the reason why, I have done all the events to the best of my ability including seasonals (Day one player).

If you played through the career mode in the first few weeks, I doubt you would have earned anywhere near 40 million.
Just as it was in GT5 too. Apparently no-one remembers what GT5 was like before the PSN hack, though a few memories are being jogged now there's no online login bonus.

Without the login bonus, that'd be 21,132,170cr. Special events and Missions account for 8,855,500cr of that - the bulk being Senna and Red Bull X Challenge final events.
Exactly the point do that event over and over again is the answer everyone gives, Why because the payouts on the rest of the game are crap and we all know the reason why, I have done all the events to the best of my ability including seasonals (Day one player).
Not at all - it's because that particular event offers the fastest way of doing it.

The N24 race offers 614k for 3 laps/24 minutes. The LM24 offers 558k for 7 laps/24 minutes. I find the Apricot Hill 20 Minute race to be plenty of fun for 318k. If you like variety, the GTWC gives 1.38m for 20 laps.

People recommend the X2014 Standards because it's a faster way. That's all.

In my point of view, the payouts are good enough and of course you shouldn't compare them to the massive payouts in GT5 2.0 seasonal events. I'd like to see more credits while racing online against others, 'cause these are really limited.
Anyhow - as much as I still hate it that I have bought an unfinished product, I think microtransactions was a very late addition to the game on the part of $ony, not PD.

I think one problem PD created themselves for GT6 lies in the "adaptive" AI. Whereas in GT5 they were able to introduce the performance bonus for winning in the Seasonals with less powerful cars, they cannot do that in GT6, because using a slower car will simply make the AI drive even slower and therefore not providing a steady benchmark. So, winning in a slower car doesn't mean you achieved something meaningful anymore. For that to happen in GT6 they would have to remove these rubber band tactics, and that's not going to happen, because all of the career-mode events have been tailored for this behaviour.

The only way would be to use an AI without rubberbanding in new online events only.

The payouts are not bad at all. There are lots of races where you can earn over 100k in just a few minutes. I think some people are just spoiled after those extremely high payouts in the later GT5 seasonals. Aside from those I do not think I have played any game with better payouts than GT6.

I spent a few hours tuning a Nascar on Motegi using the Nascar race in career mode to do so and earned millions in the process. By comparison on Forza 4 the most profitable race for time spent paid out 25k for about 5-6 minutes in the fastest possible car. There was also level bonus which could add to that up higher amounts as you got to a higher level but only to a point and even with the max level bonus the payout in the time spent was less than it would be in GT6 spending the same amount of time doing any one of a dozen or so races not counting the seasonals.

I have a few hundred cars and a bit over 18 million credits on hand at present.

In Forza 4 which I payed about 5 times as much I have a little over 10 million and about the same number of cars and a large amount of that was from doing a few Rivals over and over and over and a few million from sellign tunes in my store front

Just do the Red Bull X2014 Standard event over and over again. 1.14m for 15 laps that doesn't even take half an hour - 2.28m if you have a 200% login bonus. By comparison, the 2.5m credit pack costs £16.

This +100. With the Maxed out login bonus, you could do this once a day for a week and easily have 10,000,000Cr, twice a day and its an easy 20,000,000Cr.

Wow. I don't remember ever seeing such defense of the payouts in GT6. I do think complaints about it comes from being spoiled by the post 2.0 payouts in GT5.

I grind the RB Silverstone event all the time, it's just tiring, and really only because I'm trying to finish getting the rest of the 20m cars I don't yet have. After that I won't care at all.

I honestly expected the opposite reaction to this after the way everyone blasted it early on.

I guess the good news is that it seems the uproar over it has massively dissipated.

Carry on then :gtpflag:

I did each race in career mode once - and only once.
Tell me more about the crappy payouts.

Now go buy Ferrari 250 GTO, Jaguar XJ13 and then Ford Mark IV '67

And then tell me how you managed to buy these 3 cars.

I occasionally have to buy something really expensive before seasonals so I don't hit the 50m cap - I've got too much money!

Same here. I'm not so interested in the 10+ Million Cr. cars, I've got enough on my hands collecting and driving the 500-600PP Sports and Supercars. But since most of them only cost 150k-400k they pay themselves within two A-Spec Seasonal Events...

What's one got to do if one has 49 Million Credits? Buy an Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2 Zagato and a Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta. I did that just last week, already back at 46 Million.

I've got too much money... ;-(

Funny, I got the Ford GT40 Race car last week, was at 30 Mill last week and I'm about to hit 50 Mill today :)

Then I'm just gonna pull the trigger on the final two 20 Million Credit cars (Ford Mark IV Race Car and Jaguar XJ13).

Afterwards, it'll just be the 15,000,000Cr Muira and the 10,000,000Cr Giulia.

People still talk about microtranactions in GT6? Isn't it about time for a public naming and shaming of all the people who complained bitterly about this in the first place as it was and has proven to be a total non event?

I hope for GT7 that they either have all cars available from the start or jack the prices way up and make the prize money very small (without microtransactions). The way it is now you have no cars at the start then a few weeks later you have more cars than can fit in the garage. It is all very pointless. I'd like some cars to be genuinely rare. Higher prize money should be reserved for those who drive very well, those rare classic their reward for their skill in the game. Grinding should get you nowhere, nor should bad driving. Supercars need to be an achievement, not an expectation based on length of play.

YZF

GT5 is also has those too, and even worse with Chapparals, GT40, and X1 being priced like or close to that. So why not complain earlier?

Anyone literally didnt remember GT5 pre-PSN Hack feels like.

People still talk about microtranactions in GT6? Isn't it about time for a public naming and shaming of all the people who complained bitterly about this in the first place as it was and has proven to be a total non event?

I hope for GT7 that they either have all cars available from the start or jack the prices way up and make the prize money very small (without microtransactions). The way it is now you have no cars at the start then a few weeks later you have more cars than can fit in the garage. It is all very pointless. I'd like some cars to be genuinely rare. Higher prize money should be reserved for those who drive very well, those rare classic their reward for their skill in the game. Grinding should get you nowhere, nor should bad driving. Supercars need to be an achievement, not an expectation based on length of play.

That idea'll be about as popular around here as somebody who finds a loophole to get George W. Bush a third presidential term would be in Iran.

YZF

My main account is hovering in the 35m bracket, despite regularly buying 7-figure cars. I occasionally have to buy something really expensive before seasonals so I don't hit the 50m cap - I've got too much money!
So... it's warm out today?

Latest Posts

Back