Minecraft News and Discussion

• Thread starter WallRunner
  • 14,002 comments
I'm confused, does exploring further afield put more of a strain on your server @DQuaN ?

In my solo world I've ventured up to 30k blocks in various directions, you have to if you want to find new villages, temples and suchlike else you retread old ground that will have been plundered on a multi-player server. In all that exploring I've still only seen 3 or 4 Mooshroom islands, and just one mesa biome.

Surely it's not just the aesthetics of the map that bothers you?

So, after getting griefed for the fourth time, I decided to remove one of the houses I built at spawn. The same's going to happen to the other one, in case this trend goes on.

On a more positive note, I found a nice location for the modern house I'm going to build. 👍

I'd have to take the server offline, copy out the world file, load it in MCEdit, import the schematic, then copy it back to the server and start it up.

So no. :lol:

oh... okay.

It's just that I want to put my own PvP arena in the server so people can play it. It's a recreation of 2fort from Team Fortress 2.

Last edited:
I joined the server again to see how much lag there would be. There was none! :D

And after about 5 minutes of exploring, I found something.
2014-09-28_11.13.24.png

That wasn't me, someone else (Can't remember the name, something like Zuruka) helped me, and he/she lit it with redstone torches.

Well, Redstone torches don't give off a lot of light so mobs would still be spawning.

Also, you guys ever heard of Mine-imator?

I understand wanting the server to be popular and successful.

But, with how consistent the griefers are tearing things up, it's not exactly fair to the few that are dedicated to have everything we build ruined by some jerk that's just passing through.

Can the idea of a white list be given some thought?.. at least have it in place until a grief proof solution can be found?

My 2fort project is going to take longer than I thought. I have to flatten a hill and get a lot of other blocks. But I am determined to finish it.

Gosh that would be so frustrating. Is there any way you can somehow just set up a private GTP only server so you don't have to keep dealing with that? I cant imagine that frustration.

He could whitelist it, but that would not be fun for honest, non-GTP members. Although as a server owner, I can say that having it whitelisted is making me way less worried and in less of a hurry to get antigrief plugins. Which is nice.

Griefing actually seems quite rare at the moment.

Plus we seem to have an admin on nearly 24/7.

Well it's your server and I fully respect your opinion.

However, going by Fiero's reaction about the "Chicken Joint" being turned into a lava pit, sounds like
the admins are not always able to catch everything going on. Regardless of how often they are on.
(Fiero and GT-R are awesome by the way.)

Not to sure why you are so dismissive about the griefing that has been happening. As I recall you
were there with GT-R, when my house had been griefed by that "macnoah" kid. And the tragedy at the
Cluckin' Bell along with the problems GT-R mentioned on this page, are pretty good examples that..
yeah, griefing is happening on your server.

Look, its just a video game. It's silly to have such debate like this.

I just think the users from here on GTP could use a little more sympathy support. 👍

The problem is that with the current state that bukkit/1.8 is in, there is no middle ground.

We either lock it down and have no new players.

Or we keep it open.

I'd like to keep it open and ban any griefers that come.

i had a fair bit of good stuff, almost a stack of iron, a quarter of a stack of coal, 8 or so gold & iron pickaxe. then a baby zombie came, it lagged out to the max, i died becuase of it. then the janitor cleared ground items befor i returned. i got everything out of the ender chest because i was at home, but i had just left for 2 logs. that was it. :grumpy:

edit went back just in case and for some reson my stuff was still there. i am so happy but confused

I hope I can buy my own account one of these days and stop sharing one with my cousin, and finally get in your server.

I have the money, now I need to find one of those cards.

Griefing is pretty much nonexistent now. (future)Spawn hasn't been touched at all.

If any of you are the owner of a cave with a grid of long over-torched tunnels under the corner of the spawn wall, let me know. It has been "rezoned". :gtpflag:

Back