Museumsteve's multiscreen project

Just two nights a week, Left how many hours were you thinking. I am lucky if I get 30 mins a week in my rig, that is why I don't do iracing.

Well depending on the season I get anywhere from 30 minutes a day up to 6-8 hours per day. I am 52 years old and retired so I pick and choose what fills my days.

Back into it again after a bit of a break. Got a new OMP seat which I put on tonight and started to reassemble everything. I've changed the dash to something more slimline with recess for the digital dash.
I'm in two minds about my button box as I don't use it (never have lol) as the 2 racers I use have 3 controller limits and because I use projectors I usually have the room dark so wouldn't see the labels anyway :D

I still need to finish the screens (seal the joins) and box in around the pedals (after I move them back a bit) then tidy up :)

341072d1348874871-3-screen-forza-setup-omp1.jpg

341075d1348874895-3-screen-forza-setup-omp4.jpg

341073d1348874877-3-screen-forza-setup-omp2.jpg

Very nice 👍 . Love the clean look. Keep the button box. Even if you don't use it they make the rig look cool :cool: .

Congrats and thanks for sharing.

Regards

Thanks mate ;)
I keep checking your site for the upgrades 👍

I may have another go at a rear dampening bar tonight. I tried before and didn't like it, but now I've got my seat sorted, things will be different, the seat is much lighter for starters (same as yours but in red..and ended up with standard size - lol).
Also with SimVibe about to come out I need to put 2 bass shakers on the base of the seat anyway :)

Been a while since I did any updates...but the most exciting addition for me is of course the arrival finally of my CSW set.
However, there's one slight issue that I really didn't want to live with for long..so tonight I had one of my project nights..

I took one old remote controlled electric sleepeezee bed which we threw out weeks ago, so I kept the frame and motors..

picture.php

Strip out the motor, build a base to sit on the a-frame which houses the wheel etc

picture.php

Come up with a way to drive the motor (worm gear), hinge the mount that holds the CSW base and make sure it works (this is looking from above where the wheel sits)

picture.php

and hey presto...a working, remote controlled (may change for a switch) that tilts the base forward so the Formula rim can sit forward facing and not slanting up like the GT rim

Gotta love project night

Very nice Steve 👍

Did you make this adjustment because you feel that each rim needs a different wheelbase position?

Very nice Steve 👍

Did you make this adjustment because you feel that each rim needs a different wheelbase position?

I was pretty set on not having the Formula rim angled upwards like the GT rim and that's the whole beauty of DIY and projects :)

Very nice build and a awesome idea with the motorized wheel base.
When I see rigs like yours, I always wish to dedicate a room to it.

New year, new ideas. After a bit of racing this weekend I knew what I wanted to try next.
It's a very early prototype so dont be put off by the looks just yet ;)

The final version will have locators and longer pins which will lock pins on opposite side of the shifter so as well as not being able to get into gear, you wont be able to move out of gear unless the clutch is pressed.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks mate...it's an awesome idea as I love manual gears (I mainly race GTR Evo and GT Legends) but whilst I'm still working on this idea I have 2 completely different designs that should give the same result :crazy:

Steve, you are to gaming rigs what Frankenstein was to corpses... and I mean that in a good way! (with the experiments etc) :lol:

What a cool idea 👍

Just putting finishing touches to the remote roof :) Hope to have it back together tonight for a bit of racing then crack on with proper amBX setup

I've moved away from amBX and gone the DIY route for ambient lighting.
I've done some work behind the screens so now I'm not relying on ambient lights reflecting into the corner of the wall.
I'm using 50xLEDs, an arduino with adalight software and Prismatik (also trying out ambibox)
The results are great, there so much more detail in the ambient effects.
I've already ordered another 50 LEDs as I want to double up for smoother and more detailed effects :)

Back