My Racing Simulation [Build 07]

• Thread starter jujunosuke
  • 860 comments
Serious question, have you considered applying for a job with PD?

This sim is just not advanced enough to even try applying for a job unfortunately.
Actually i am targeting a company in Japan but thats not PD.

We will see later after few more build if i can consider applying for a new job..

Btw, i just bought a new domain name and this sim will have its official website !
I ask also linking the game with the database to record users best laptime !

So hopefully we can expect more interactivity with users in the next build!

Yeah man. Really (seemingly) simple idea; Would you let us change colours for the cars?

Yes !
This is the goal i have actually! But for doing so, i need to design some menu + car selection screen and stuff like that.

I also would like to let the user change the rims of the car.
And possibly the rear spoiler (Not sure about this one).

But it will be only very limited tunning.
You won't be able to change parts and stuff like that. (It is just too much work)..

I am working on it.

ill try already but cant figure how to shift up ahahaha ..
I am sorry this is L and M (On french keyboard) try L and ; or L and , or something on US keyboard.

Or just wait for the new build that will arrive this week end.
I will use A/S as suggested by the community.

Yes !
This is the goal i have actually! But for doing so, i need to design some menu + car selection screen and stuff like that.

I also would like to let the user change the rims of the car.
And possibly the rear spoiler (Not sure about this one).

But it will be only very limited tunning.
You won't be able to change parts and stuff like that. (It is just too much work)..

I am working on it.

I am sorry this is L and M (On french keyboard) try L and ; or L and , or something on US keyboard.

Or just wait for the new build that will arrive this week end.
I will use A/S as suggested by the community.

ok will wait for it..

Build 02 is ready.

- Keyboard keys shift up / down keys changed to A and S.
- Some Issue mentioned above have been fixed.
- Reset Button should work correctly.
- Rumble strip texture added.
- Smoke effect (Beta)
- Some minor tire model change.

Instantly better with the A & S as shift buttons. I also tried it with my friend's Trust Gamepad and the X button locks the front tires entirely and the car comes to a halt, doing nothing but a burnout. Evrything else is working fine.

Just tried build 2, good stuff! It felt a little easier to control, though perhaps I am getting more used to it. Sad fact, I run AT in GT5 and other racing games and actually find it kinda tricky to deal with slowing down and changing down at the same time (speeding up or regulating speed i'm OK) so an Auto transmission option would be good for me, but I appreciate not so much for the hardcore racers :)

Only small issues I noticed were that changing down doesn't have much of a braking effect if your revs are quite high, it just stays in the redline and you lose control, though perhaps that's me needing to get used to MT again ;)

Only other thing was mentioned before, when you drop it down into neutral the revs sometimes don't drop even when you let off the gas. There are definitely a few strange effects of downshifting (see above)

Only other small thing is that if you crash or spin out (which I frequently do) it seems to automatically reset the car, but often facing the wrong direction, so you would do a reverse lap. It's then a little hard to flip the tail back around without crashing and getting auto-reset again.

These sound like criticisms, but really they are small things and the feel of the engine is already very cool, and like I said before, more realistic than something like, say, Shift, which takes a big team and $$$$$ to create.

I like the sunburst lighting effects too :)

Thank you for testing the game and for the sweat comments everyone.

@LackOf
Instantly better with the A & S as shift buttons. I also tried it with my friend's Trust Gamepad and the X button locks the front tires entirely and the car comes to a halt, doing nothing but a burnout. Evrything else is working fine.

Hey !
Than mean that when you press the accelerator on your gamepad, it also activate the brakes ?

That is strange, but to be honest, i do not know what's happen at the moment..
I will investigate.
Thanks for testing the game with a Gamepad !

@Tyger
I run AT in GT5 and other racing games and actually find it kinda tricky to deal with slowing down and changing down at the same time (speeding up or regulating speed i'm OK) so an Auto transmission option would be good for me, but I appreciate not so much for the hardcore racers

Yep, AT is definitely in my task list and should probably be implemented in the next build.

Only small issues I noticed were that changing down doesn't have much of a braking effect if your revs are quite high, it just stays in the redline and you lose control, though perhaps that's me needing to get used to MT again

There is a problem in transmission at the moment that i need to solve.
I hope to fix it soon.

Only other small thing is that if you crash or spin out (which I frequently do) it seems to automatically reset the car

To be honest, i don't know exactly what you are talking about ?
Basically the only way to reset the car is the R button on the keyboard.

Even if you crash or spin, it should not reset the car.
Can you explain a little bit more about that ?

Anyway, thank you very much for your review !

Just did a quick test on build 2 and I am able to control the car better than I could with build 1.
And +1 on the smoke effect.

1 remark:

- The wheels start to spin using brake and throttle while in neutral and you will go forward upon releasing the brake.

And 1 still present form previous build. :sly: ;)

- When you are using the handbrake while in neutral it's not possible to rev.

Hmm pretty sure after a major off across the grass and into the armco, I would sometimes be facing in the wrong direction but something would then automatically align my car on the track, still facing the wrong direction. I haven't even pressed the reset button. I'll try to replicate this later after work, will try it with a pad too as I think I will fare much better :)

Just did a quick test on build 2 and I am able to control the car better than I could with build 1.
And +1 on the smoke effect.

1 remark:

- The wheels start to spin using brake and throttle while in neutral and you will go forward upon releasing the brake.

And 1 still present form previous build.

- When you are using the handbrake while in neutral it's not possible to rev.

@Flex0r
Thank you for testing the new build !
Alright, these issue will be fixed in the next build !

Hmm pretty sure after a major off across the grass and into the armco, I would sometimes be facing in the wrong direction but something would then automatically align my car on the track, still facing the wrong direction. I haven't even pressed the reset button. I'll try to replicate this later after work, will try it with a pad too as I think I will fare much better

Hum, what camera are you using ?
If its the default one (The first one) This Camera orientation follow the velocity of the car rather than following the rear of the car.
So, if you go reverse (or after a crash, you will see the front of the car if your car is going backward).

The second Camera is more like Forza And GT, it follow the rear of the car.

If your problem is different, i don't know what you are talking about ^^
If you are facing the wrong direction, just do a U-turn and continue in the correct direction ^^

Don't hesitate to post screenshot if i still don't understand what you are talking about.

Anyway, i appreciate people who took time to download and review the game !
That's a great help !

Btw, i am preparing a lot of surprise for the 3rd Build ^^

Yeah my bad, it was the camera flipping back into position (chase cam) that was confusing me, but I do think you did it the right way.

I still seem to be a terrible driver at this, but in a way, that's fun! It seems very easy to spin the wheels though, even in 5th and 6th, but it's pretty cool if you spin off, then get back on the track and you feel the tyres "bite" and get grip back :)

Looking forward to build 3!

Yeah my bad, it was the camera flipping back into position (chase cam) that was confusing me, but I do think you did it the right way.

I still seem to be a terrible driver at this, but in a way, that's fun! It seems very easy to spin the wheels though, even in 5th and 6th, but it's pretty cool if you spin off, then get back on the track and you feel the tyres "bite" and get grip back :)

Looking forward to build 3!

I just downloaded it and had a quick play, it's great but the one thing I noticed was when you went on the grass, you could spin the wheels in 6th gear at maximum RPM, and come back on the track and continue to spin, there was no bite or anything, and even when you slow the revs down it still feels like it's on ice.

I just downloaded it and had a quick play, it's great but the one thing I noticed was when you went on the grass, you could spin the wheels in 6th gear at maximum RPM, and come back on the track and continue to spin, there was no bite or anything, and even when you slow the revs down it still feels like it's on ice.

Thank you for your report !

I guess that in future version i will implement an engine stall system that will avoid this kind of situation.
Actually, the transmission system need to be rebuild from scratch to make something more accurate.

Thank you for your report !

I guess that in future version i will implement an engine stall system that will avoid this kind of situation.
Actually, the transmission system need to be rebuild from scratch to make something more accurate.

I think it's the grip after leaving circuit, that's the problem, selon Dax.

"Après de partir du circuit..." there's no grip.

@LackOf

Hey !
Than mean that when you press the accelerator on your gamepad, it also activate the brakes ?

That is strange, but to be honest, i do not know what's happen at the moment..
I will investigate.
Thanks for testing the game with a Gamepad !
Yeah, that's right. It's just doing a burnout. Works perfectly with the buttons though so it might just be the gamepad's fault. I dunno.

:)

Hi everyone !

I post a message to tell you guys that the Build 3 is arriving soon with a lot of new features. I am very sure that you guys will not be disappointed.

In the mean time, i am preparing the official website to give a better understanding of the project and its goals in the future.

To resume very shortly, a "Multiplatform Gran Turismo lite". :D
By multiplatform i mean PC, MAC, iOS, Android.

The first series of build will be exclusively PC and MAC, but at the end of the year, if we are good in the timing and the PC and MAC version get good maturity, we will focus our effort on releasing a iOS and Android version for smartphones and tablets.

I post a message to tell you guys that the Build 3 is arriving soon with a lot of new features. I am very sure that you guys will not be disappointed.

Salut!

Woah, you make me want an Android. :drool:

Anyways, good to hear about this again. 👍

jujunosuke
Hi everyone !

In the mean time, i am preparing the official website to give a better understanding of the project and its goals in the future.

To resume very shortly, a "Multiplatform Gran Turismo lite". :D
By multiplatform i mean PC, MAC, iOS, Android.

The first series of build will be exclusively PC and MAC, but at the end of the year, if we are good in the timing and the PC and MAC version get good maturity, we will focus our effort on releasing a iOS and Android version for smartphones and tablets.

Thumbs up glad your still going.

Some WIP screens of the next build. :)

capturedcran20120806232.png

capturedcran20120806232.png

As i live in Japan and love Japanese cars, you can probably imagine what are the cars that are going to be added for the next release...

While on the topic of cars, you should be extremely creative and add certain very rare vehicles. Like the Lamborghini Diablo SV-R and the Jaguar XK180. About to try this now, looks promising :)

When trying to run the game, I get a "There should be 'RR_V_01_BUILD_02_Data'
folder next to the executable" error. I'm useless with files, so I imagine there is something that I need to Extract or do.
All is working now

One thing I would request is the option of traction control. I find it hard to drive with the keyboard.

jujunosuke
Some WIP screens of the next build. :)

As i live in Japan and love Japanese cars, you can probably imagine what are the cars that are going to be added for the next release...

Do you still need some data/models from rFactor?

Back