Nissan Connect NISMO plus and 2015 GTR NISMO coming to GT6 in June?

• Thread starter MCNAGTROC
  • 352 comments
Strangely, the GT-R shown in the trailer put up by @MCNAGTROC has a different mirror placement than the '12 GT-R, visible from the cockpit cam. The Black Edition GT-R has the mirrors placed a bit further backwards.

two issues though...the mirrors on the GTR NISMO are the same in design and placement as the regular GTRs and the mirrors in that video are white. The GTR NISMO has black mirrors no matter what color the car is. also it has a special red face tach that isnt present in that clip

Last edited:
the mirrors on the GTR NISMO are the same as the regular GTRs and the mirrors in that video are white. the GTR NISMO has black mirrors no matter what color the car is. also it has a special red face Tach that isnt present in that clip

Must be a very happy guy good luck mate with the handover

two issues though...the mirrors on the GTR NISMO are the same in design and placement as the regular GTRs and the mirrors in that video are white. The GTR NISMO has black mirrors no matter what color the car is. also it has a special red face tach that isnt present in that clip
Dammit, muh Dreams.

It won't be 4k resolution;

1. The PS4 (nor the Xbox One) isn't powerful enough to render in 4k
2. Current video cables aka HDMI 1.4 cannot support a 4k signal

Just to blow your mind a little there is a ps3 game that runs in 4k native called (think its called) Okami but of course it uses the 4k to downsample the image. So nothing is impossible just a very small chance. (And your point 2 invalidates all this but anyway. =)

Edit: a software patch to patch hdmi 1.4a to 1.4b / 2.0 will probably come sooner than later for the ps4. Probably for movies most likely but anyways a man can dream. =)

Last edited:
Just to blow your mind a little there is a ps3 game that runs in 4k native called (think its called) Okami but of course it uses the 4k to downsample the image. So nothing is impossible just a very small chance. (And your point 2 invalidates all this but anyway. =)

Edit: a software patch to patch hdmi 1.4a to 1.4b / 2.0 will probably come sooner than later for the ps4. Probably for movies most likely but anyways a man can dream. =)

According to this article http://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-kepler-4k-hdmi-1.4,27117.html Nvidia has found a way to push a 4k 60Hz video signal across HDMI 1.4.

Can't remember what PS4's use for GPU, but otherwise AMD may catch on also as well as Sony without the need for the yet released new HDMI 2.0 standard

Sony have already said 4k support is coming for PS4, but ONLY video. We've been over it hundreds of times, PS4 will never be able to output games at 4k except for maybe very basic stuff, as below...

Comparing a game like Okami and Gran Turismo is pretty silly. Okami may run at a native 4k res downscaled to 1080p but it's a simple (technically speaking) 2D drawn game. Putting that out in 4k and putting a game like GT in 4k are two completely different beasts.

It's too late, June is almost ending in about a week and will likely come in July along with the Nissan Vision GT.

Doesn't look like a Nismo GT-R. More like the R35 Touring Car to me.

I think you are right. If you enhance the image you can make out some of the white Nissan lettering on the wing and the white number box to the right of the tailights

false alarm. I guess we arnt getting it anytime soon.. I saw the NISMO in booth advertisement and got excited with the blurry image

Another clue this car might be a ways off is in Japan a few weeks ago there was a NISMO expo and they were showing off the connect plus feature but were using both a regular GTR and a GT3 as the demo cars. you would have thought if this car was anywhere near ready they would have teased it there.

Summer's still here but it's almost ending, and they promised both this car and its GPS Visualizer feature within the summer. We only have a few days to go before summer ends.

Looks like that GT-R could be running abit rich on its fuel, I can't imagine Nismo messing the injectors or anything up, What was that google maps thing all about though ? anyone explain.

Looks like that GT-R could be running abit rich on its fuel, I can't imagine Nismo messing the injectors or anything up, What was that google maps thing all about though ? anyone explain.
Course maker most likely. Also that was our first look at the nismo gtr in game I think!

NissanConnect NISMO iphone app, it has nothing to do with the GT6 GPS Visualiser

Nissan Connect NISMO Plus, a new connected service for GT-R NISMO owners, bridges virtual track driving data to be visualized in virtual world -- on GranTurismo 6 and smart phones.

Course maker most likely. Also that was our first look at the nismo gtr in game I think!

no, it's a 2007 r35

I'm pretty disappointed they might to be launching this service without the actual GTR NISMO in game...however it says in the video description Graphics and cars appear in the demo screen shots are still under development.

So there is still hope maybe!

Also the US spec car to my knowledge doesn't have that USB port they showed. I cant confirm one way or the other as my car is on a boat at the moment,

there has always been a USB port in the center console for music or to store lap times in excel format but this one looks to be specific to this program

Last edited:
Back